Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by Reglo
+1

Travelzoo has a nice deal for this property at the moment:
http://www.travelzoo.com/au/local-de...tm_campaign=ae
I called the hotel and asked if they honored tier benefits on pre-paid or travel agency rates, and they said yes. I did not know about the travelzoo rate, but with such a good rate, i think i will try out the hotel (stay will be June 23, 2 nights) will post back results.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by SethLevy
I called the hotel and asked if they honored tier benefits on pre-paid or travel agency rates, and they said yes. I did not know about the travelzoo rate, but with such a good rate, i think i will try out the hotel (stay will be June 23, 2 nights) will post back results.
How is their english? I am already scared when I call them and want to make a reservation with the travelzoo vouchers and telling them my plat. number at the same time. ;-)
But I do not think they would make a difference between third party bookings and the vouchers. I am looking forward for your experience!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
How is their english? I am already scared when I call them and want to make a reservation with the travelzoo vouchers and telling them my plat. number at the same time. ;-)
Why are you scared?

But I do not think they would make a difference between third party bookings and the vouchers. I am looking forward for your experience!
I thought Travelzoo is just another Groupon-like third-party booking company? The hotel has rooms to fill which they apparently aren't able to fill them through their own sales channels, that's why you have deals like Travelzoo's. No you won't be looked down upon like a cheapskate if that's what you implied.

Mai pen rai. Sabai dee.^

Last edited by RJ77; Jun 1, 2012 at 2:50 am
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by RJ77
Why are you scared?
Scared was the wrong word, but I made the experience that english can be a bit of a problem sometimes in asia... :-) So I hope they will get my request right.

Originally Posted by RJ77
I thought Travelzoo is just another Groupon-like third-party booking company? The hotel has rooms to fill which they apparently aren't able to fill them through their own sales channels, that's why you have deals like Travelzoo's. No you won't be looked down upon like a cheapskate if that's what you implied.
No, I mean they probably won't distinguish among third party bookings and they do not care if you made your booking on Expedia or travelzoo....
Old Jun 1, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Scared was the wrong word, but I made the experience that english can be a bit of a problem sometimes in asia... :-) So I hope they will get my request right.
You speak German, right? It seems to me that a lot of hotel management in Thailand is German, Austrian or Swiss. I hear German spoken often a top Thai hotels, most recently at the IC Bangkok from I think the GM and one of his staff. Also as the Sheraton SGS. Just call the Sofitel and ask to speak to a farang manager.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:20 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Thai hotel management are perfectly capable of speaking English, at least the ones I dealt with in the past.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:14 am

There is a telephone number on the travelzoo voucher which I purchased and this gets you to the hotel's reservation hotline. The guy there spoke really good english, so no problem at all.

I gave them my platinum Le Club number, so I hope I will get a room upgrade when checking in...
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a telephone number on the travelzoo voucher which I purchased and this gets you to the hotel's reservation hotline. The guy there spoke really good english, so no problem at all.

I gave them my platinum Le Club number, so I hope I will get a room upgrade when checking in...
If it doesn't get you an upgrade- I have had excellent success in Bangkok asking to pay for an upgrade- and if the hotel is not too busy getting some phenomenal rooms/suites for very little extra money.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:47 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Just to be aware that elite perks may be extended when booking through a third party channel but as per T&Cs they are under no obligation to do so.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:11 am

I called the hotel to book using the travelzoo vouchers. Instead of taking the booking, the agent asked me to email the information, including the voucher code. She said she'd reply immediately. 2 hours later, I called back - it took 10 minutes to find an email I sent. When it was found, she said I'd receive a reply ASAP. That was 8 hours ago. Maybe because today is a holiday?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I called the hotel to book using the travelzoo vouchers. Instead of taking the booking, the agent asked me to email the information, including the voucher code. She said she'd reply immediately. 2 hours later, I called back - it took 10 minutes to find an email I sent. When it was found, she said I'd receive a reply ASAP. That was 8 hours ago. Maybe because today is a holiday?
Probably it's like that because it's Thailand.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Thumbs down No room upgrade on Travelzoo

after first confirming by phone, I urchased travelzoo voucher. Hotel has now confirmed in writing they will not upgrade or even confirm king bed. They even got the dates wrong. I likely will not stay here(and will give the voucher to local Thai freiends to use), but what a lost opportunity to send a good first impression.

Dear Mr. XXXXXX,

Greeting form SOFITEL Bangkok Sukhumvit Thank you for your reservation I am delighted to confirm your reservation on XXX-xxx July 2012 (2 nights) with the confirmation no. XXXX.

Regarding to your request for King bed and high-floor room, kindly be informed that are well noted, but cannot confirm yet, as it depend on the availability on your arrival date. However, we will try our best to fulfill your request, as it’s our priority.

Moreover, do you recognize you as our loyalty guest, with Le Club Platinum card. However, I am sorry to inform you that room upgrade benefit cannot be used with this booking as it is a special promotion.

***Remark, Kindly present your Travelzoo vouchers upon check in.

For further inquiry you may need, please contact our reservation team at any time. We look forward to welcoming you to SOFITEL Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Best Regards,

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
Tel no.: +66 2 126 9999E-
mail: [email protected]
189 Sukhumvit Road Soi 13-15,
Klongtoey Nua, Wattana,
Bangkok 10110 Thailand
www.sofitel.com
Old Jun 6, 2012, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
after first confirming by phone, I urchased travelzoo voucher. Hotel has now confirmed in writing they will not upgrade or even confirm king bed. They even got the dates wrong. I likely will not stay here(and will give the voucher to local Thai freiends to use), but what a lost opportunity to send a good first impression.
Knowing Thai administration like I do, I would not take this as a final answer. I would call and speak directly to a reservation manager, or perhaps the GM if you can reach him, to push for an upgrade as an Elite member of Le Club.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
But why would a LeClub Platinum member bother booking a room through a third-party agent when 1) the terms and conditions clearly state that the platinum benefits should not be applicable in this situation, 2) LeClub points would not be credited and 3) isn't it cheaper on the LeClub website anyway?
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

:Hotel has now confirmed in writing they will not upgrade or even confirm king bed.
Which is perfectly in-line with the Terms and Conditions of LeClub.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.