Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

It's more than fresh for me... Brrrrhh
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I agree. It was absolutely freezing last time I was there! I used it to do running laps as part of a gym routine!! I also fell and had an accident when walking between the pool and the changing rooms - the floor is really slippy so be careful.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 8:23 pm

Thais love to put smooth shiny tiles next to areas that get wet. You would think there were no lawyers in the country. Baby steps are essential.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by RJ77
Yes they do. It's manually drawn in entry level rooms and electrically operated blinds in club rooms and above.

Thank you so very much.

anyone used the in floor hair salon in the sofitel? serge comtesse? is it a rip off like in-room water bottles are, is what i mean... such that it's better to go to a go to a local but well named place?

if a cut and style/curl is $50 USD I guess that would be a bargain.

Last edited by abc5; Jan 10, 2015 at 3:19 pm Reason: more info
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:27 am

Having stayed at this property several times, I love how things are improving at this hotel and how they listened to customers. I would fill in the survey after every stay and they listened and took steps to improve them.

Example 1: I'd commented how poor the breakfast at the lounge was when it first opened. I made the comment that it looked like a buffet at a typical Thai 3 star hotel and how poorly they served the coffee. Nowadays, the breakfast are a la carte with a variety of options (with the usual cereals, breads juices at the counter) and beautifully presented and coffee is served properly.

Example 2: The gym's floor used to be all wooden. I'd commented on how much noise I made when I throwbthe free weights on the wooden floor after training to fatigue and wished they would pad the free weights area with rubber foam tiles. And they did.

Example 3: The most recent one, I guess this is not that hard to improve. I've commented on how freezing the pool water was and nobody actually wanted to swim in that frigid pool. Oncmy last stay five days ago the pool was at a much more agreeable temperature. Kids and adults alike were enjoying the pool all day till dusk.

I applaud you for listening to the customers' feedback and I will continue to patronize this property in a long time to come.

Last edited by RJ77; Mar 29, 2015 at 7:53 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
I quite enjoyed this property in the past, but just checked rates for this hotel and noticed rates have increased drastically since I last stayed there.

Is anyone aware of any decent rates or promo codes for June by chance? Otherewise I'll just book another, cheaper hotel this time. Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:23 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I quite enjoyed this property in the past, but just checked rates for this hotel and noticed rates have increased drastically since I last stayed there.

Is anyone aware of any decent rates or promo codes for June by chance? Otherewise I'll just book another, cheaper hotel this time. Thanks!
There SHOULD be a 40% sale coming up again in April. If you're in no big rush to book, wait for that.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
There SHOULD be a 40% sale coming up again in April. If you're in no big rush to book, wait for that.
Tahnks! I'm in hurry to make a booking since there are plenty of alternatives if I can't get a reasonable rate at the Sofitel.

Do you happen to know when the next 40% off private sale will take place?
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
If you can stay 3 nights, there's a buy 2, get 1 free promotion for many Accor hotels in Asia, including this one. That can bring the price down to 3900 THB/night for 3 nights, which is about the lowest I've seen at this hotel for the last year.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
That promo is for stays until 31st May. I'm also checking rates for June.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 7:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I no longer find it justifiable to pay 4000baht plus for either of the Sofitels when you can get Pullman G in one of the sales for almost half the price and still get access to a decent lounge. If they've made improvements at Sofitel Sukhumwit (better lounge snacks in the evenings - i.e, not ad-hoc canapes brought around but hot snacks as part of the mini buffet, warmed up the pool and made it safer so I don't slip over again, premium wifi for Plats and not just the slow one for checking e-mails - how could you do business there?!) then it might be worth it!
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by yorkboy24
I no longer find it justifiable to pay 4000baht plus for either of the Sofitels when you can get Pullman G in one of the sales for almost half the price and still get access to a decent lounge. If they've made improvements at Sofitel Sukhumwit (better lounge snacks in the evenings - i.e, not ad-hoc canapes brought around but hot snacks as part of the mini buffet, warmed up the pool and made it safer so I don't slip over again, premium wifi for Plats and not just the slow one for checking e-mails - how could you do business there?!) then it might be worth it!
As a former guest of the Sofitel Silom, I will NEVER go to this Pullman G !
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:01 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Had a good stay here a couple of weeks back. Single upgrade to a Club Millesime Corner room. Slightly larger than the standard luxury room.

Spent quite a bit of time in the lounge - nothing more to add to what was written here.

Small cafe on the ground floor called Le Macaron has REALLY good macarons. After 7:30pm I believe it is, you get an additional discount.

Coming out from the hotel, turning left, there is a little soi (lane). You will find the motorbike taxis waiting. If you take it up to the end of that soi, you will reach the longtail boat taxi pier. A very good, quick and cheap alternative to getting to Pratunam/East Bangkok.

My wife has always been a Novotel Siam fan - didnt want to venture out as "she likes the area for shopping".... well after her first stay at this Sofitel I got the "why didnt you tell me of this hotel earlier!"

There are several pictures on this thread, but I figured I'd some - especially of the lounge.

Knowing I was coming with our little one, they made up the sofa into a bed. They would have provided an extra bed at no cost - but it takes up space and clutters the room.

Club Floor. One side of the lifts is sit-down normally for breakfast. The other side are 2 check-in/out desks and the lounge area.

Very comfortable lounge area.

A small section where the bar is and also the afternoon tea/evening canape is set up (out of picture).

Breakfast Buffet - more than adequate. (Evening canape is not served here).
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
My wife has always been a Novotel Siam fan - didnt want to venture out as "she likes the area for shopping".... well after her first stay at this Sofitel I got the "why didnt you tell me of this hotel earlier!"
Now she wants her shopping and some Sofitels that come with macaron shops?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 1:57 am
Accor 10+ BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by RJ77
Now she wants her shopping and some Sofitels that come with macaron shops?
Don't say that too loud... She'll have her share of Macaron shops in two weeks (off to Paris).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.