Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:52 am

Hello all,

I've never been to CLL, im thinking of going at the end of Aug. From reading post and reviews it seems like some rooms doesn't have AC. Im looking into a Junior suite, so i can potentially have no AC? Which lakeview rooms have AC?

Another question, i have Fairmont gift cards how do i use it to book the room? During check-out there isn't any place for me to enter gift cards. Just credit card information.

Thank you!.

Last edited by pinkdog; Jul 21, 2015 at 12:26 pm
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I always take my giftcards at checkout to settle the final bill. If they are US gift cards it takes longer because they need to do the exchange conversion. If they are $25 gift cards it can take some time
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by pinkdog
Hello all,

I've never been to CLL, im thinking of going at the end of Aug. From reading post and reviews it seems like some rooms doesn't have AC. Im looking into a Junior suite, so i can potentially have no AC? Which lakeview rooms have AC?

Another question, i have Fairmont gift cards how do i use it to book the room? During check-out there isn't any place for me to enter gift cards. Just credit card information.

Thank you!.
I've stayed at the CLL several times in suites on the 8th floor, and the 7th floor, and in a Jr. Suite on the 5th floor. As I recall, the Jr. Suite on the 5th that I stayed in did not have AC and the others I stayed in did have it. However, I really can't say which rooms have AC and which don't. For that info, I think you'd need to call the hotel.

I can say that I really didn't need the AC each time I was there. The overnight temps in the mountains can get chilly, even in the summer. I was there last summer around labour day, and you needed jackets in the morning and evening, and there was even some snow falling on some of the mountains when we climbed to the top. I think at the CLL, opening a window will be enough to cool the room at night.

As gpapdop says, you can't use gift cards to pay the bill when booking on the website. You use the gift cards when paying the bill at the hotel. If your intent was to book a prepaid rate now, then you would have to as the hotel to apply the gift cards upon checkout and refund the prepayment to your credit card.

If your credit card is based in any currency other than CAD, I would not recommend this. Your credit card will charged a premium on the exchange rate to book the room, and the exchange rate on the refund will include a premium in the other direction, meaning the refund in your home currency will not offset the original charge in your home currency. I would suggest that you find a rate that does not require a prepayment, or at least not a full prepayment. At the CLL, the CAA/AAA rates provide a good discount and do not require any prepayment.

I've used a USD gift card at the CLL before. It didn't take them too long to process it. They first put it through the terminal for the nominal amount of the card in CAD. This will leave a balance on the card, because USD>CAD. The receipt printout will provide the exchange rate currently being used by OANDA in the gift card terminal, and they will use that rate to determine how much is left to be taken in CAD, and put through another charge for the balance.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:51 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
planning on redeeming 2 nights from chase credit card here.

folks are saying gold floor is not that great. Would using a suite upgrade be best use of the certs here? I don't have any other fairmont stays to burn those certs.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
planning on redeeming 2 nights from chase credit card here.

folks are saying gold floor is not that great. Would using a suite upgrade be best use of the certs here? I don't have any other fairmont stays to burn those certs.
The Gold floor actually is very nice IMO, and more importantly, the rooms on the Gold floor are substantially larger and nicer than the rooms in the same category on other floors (e.g. a Fairmont Gold room is substantially nicer and larger than a Fairmont room).

However, you cannot use your free night certs on the Gold floor.

Not sure what the hotel's current suite upgrade policy is: The one-bedroom suites are quite nice while the junior suites are very average.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The Gold floor actually is very nice IMO, and more importantly, the rooms on the Gold floor are substantially larger and nicer than the rooms in the same category on other floors (e.g. a Fairmont Gold room is substantially nicer and larger than a Fairmont room).

Not sure what the hotel's current suite upgrade policy is: The one-bedroom suites are quite nice while the junior suites are very average.
It will be very very hard to get a 1 bedroom suite here. They almost always give a junior suite, and are quite strict about it. I am at a wedding here in a few weekends. $700/nt is the wedding rate!
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Jasper2009

+1. When I stay here, I only stay on the Gold floor. The views are just AMAZING! The only thing more amazing is a perfect bum in yoga pants, but hey, take what you can
Old Aug 5, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: Diamond HH, Gold Marriott, UA "Plebe"
Fairmont Gold Level has AC

The Fairmont Gold Level Floor and the 1987 Mt. Temple wing are air conditioned.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
+1. When I stay here, I only stay on the Gold floor. The views are just AMAZING! The only thing more amazing is a perfect bum in yoga pants, but hey, take what you can
The views can be just as good on a non-gold floor. The 7-floor is the gold floor, however, I've stayed in a non-gold 1-bedroom suite on the 8-floor, and it was pretty good too! Although, nothing beats the view I had last summer in #703, the Marquis de Lorne Gold 1-Bed Signature Suite--big walls of floor-to-ceiling windows in 2 directions.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by imssc1
The Fairmont Gold Level Floor and the 1987 Mt. Temple wing are air conditioned.
I can confirm that I had air conditioning on the 8th floor of the main building as well.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I finally finished the trip report from our vacation two years ago! You can see some pics of the property here:

http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/trip-re...2013-vacation/

To moderator: Please delete if this violates any posting policy, no big deal.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:29 am

Thanks for the feedback. I will use the gold floor upgrade here..
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:13 am

I made a 3 night reservation for a fairmon tlake view room on the AAA rate which gives 20% off. I called the global reservation # and I was told a room upgrade cert would get me into a deluxe lake view room and then I could pay $100/night to a gold room.

If I use a suite upgrade then it would get me into a jr suite and it would be $200/night to get into a gold suite.

Unfortunatley my certificates expire Feb 28 2016, and they would not let me apply these for a reservation in July 2016. I don't know if they will still have availability into the other rooms in March 2016. But that's the best I can do right now.

I'm thiking of changing my reservation to a gold lake view room right now and hopefully that will solve the problem. Worst case they won't have availability for the fairmont/deluxe rooms then I'll have to cancel the reservation. The AAA rate is fully refundable.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: United 1P
Is there an email address to write to the hotel about linking two reservations together and requesting an upgrade? I booked a junior non-gold suite, but am willing to pay for an upgrade to a 1-bedroom. Thank you all!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kgkg
Is there an email address to write to the hotel about linking two reservations together and requesting an upgrade? I booked a junior non-gold suite, but am willing to pay for an upgrade to a 1-bedroom. Thank you all!
I'd just send an e-mail to the general e-mail address ([email protected]) which will most likely be forwarded to the res department or FPC desk within 24h.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Aug 31, 2015 at 8:25 pm Reason: correct spelling error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.