Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Glad they resolved the issue.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Good to hear.. Is CLL sticky with switching rooms when checking in? Was the switch done after a nite, and request to front desk?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Good to hear.. Is CLL sticky with switching rooms when checking in? Was the switch done after a nite, and request to front desk?
The switch was done after one night. In the first request, the front desk would like to give me a room in the first floor which is probably blocked by trees. I insisted for a prefect lake view and went to front desk several times. Then I was assigned to the fifth floor that has a prefect view next day.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by minomchen33
The switch was done after one night. In the first request, the front desk would like to give me a room in the first floor which is probably blocked by trees. I insisted for a prefect lake view and went to front desk several times. Then I was assigned to the fifth floor that has a prefect view next day.
Glad to hear that your persistence paid off..
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Will be traveling to the Banff and the Lake Louise hotels in January and February what can one expect as a Platinum member with regard to amenities and in using one's suite upgrades? Any particularly good strategies in maximizing the quality of the rooms? Would appreciate any thoughts.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
Will be traveling to the Banff and the Lake Louise hotels in January and February what can one expect as a Platinum member with regard to amenities and in using one's suite upgrades? Any particularly good strategies in maximizing the quality of the rooms? Would appreciate any thoughts.
I like both properties, but the treatment of Platinum members differs greatly:

Chateau Lake Louise is VERY stingy regarding upgrades, they´ll only upgrade you to a "junior suite" (basically a larger room), and some have even had to fight for a junior suite with a view of the lake.

The Banff Springs, on the other hand, is quite generous, I´d recommend contacting the hotel directly and ask what they can offer, they´re also quite willing to "negotiate" a better suite in exchange for a flat fee/booking a higher room category.

Welcome amenity usually is some fruit, water, possibly some cookies/cheese at both properties, IMO nothing spectacular.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I like both properties, but the treatment of Platinum members differs greatly:

Chateau Lake Louise is VERY stingy regarding upgrades, they´ll only upgrade you to a "junior suite" (basically a larger room), and some have even had to fight for a junior suite with a view of the lake.

The Banff Springs, on the other hand, is quite generous, I´d recommend contacting the hotel directly and ask what they can offer, they´re also quite willing to "negotiate" a better suite in exchange for a flat fee/booking a higher room category.

Welcome amenity usually is some fruit, water, possibly some cookies/cheese at both properties, IMO nothing spectacular.
For years the standard suite upgrade to CLL is to a Junior Suite Mountain, Junior Suite Lakeview, or one bedroom suite Mountain. I found over the years depending on the reservation attendant, they will book the Junior Suite Lakeview and/or Mountainside One Bedroom, even though the standard protocol is junior suite mountainside.

BSH at time of reservation depending on the attendant will get you a one bedroom suite if available. If you find an attendant only slipping you into a junior suite, call back and keep trying until you get a one bedroom suite using your suite upgrade cert. Then request valley view on your reservation for a spectacular view. Sometimes the one bedroom isn't available, so then there is no choice but for an executive suite, or junior suite. You can check availability online by inputting dates and seeing available room categories.

CLL.. milk and cookies, and a bit of chocolate last time out. BSH, BSH water, local meats, cheeses and crackers.^
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
CLL.. milk and cookies, and a bit of chocolate last time out. BSH, BSH water, local meats, cheeses and crackers.^
Last time at Chateau Lake Louise I got a paper bag filled with 4 fruits. It's ok though bc I'm stingy right back! I just booked 5 rooms for 1 night at the Banff Springs.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kokinos
Last time at Chateau Lake Louise I got a paper bag filled with 4 fruits. It's ok though bc I'm stingy right back! I just booked 5 rooms for 1 night at the Banff Springs.
4 fruits is not bad.. That's like the 4 elements.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 1:45 pm

Ancien,
I sent a PM the other day asking about the friends and family rate access. I would very much appreciate it if you could PM me with details.
Thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nixon5
Ancien,
I sent a PM the other day asking about the friends and family rate access. I would very much appreciate it if you could PM me with details.
Thanks.
Sent the PM.. I thought I sent you a PM.. sorry.. I've had hundreds of inquiries over the past couple of weeks.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:01 pm

I'm hoping no one here is affected but I just heard some bad news about this hotel. Supposedly 20 guests and 10 staff are quarantined because of a gastrointestinal virus. Thats all I heard from the TV news update.

If anyone is checking in soon this may be the time to switch and stay at the Springs, which I personally prefer anyway.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:37 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Originally Posted by kokinos
I'm hoping no one here is affected but I just heard some bad news about this hotel. Supposedly 20 guests and 10 staff are quarantined because of a gastrointestinal virus. Thats all I heard from the TV news update.

If anyone is checking in soon this may be the time to switch and stay at the Springs, which I personally prefer anyway.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ke-louise.html

suspected outbreak of the norovirus at Chateau Lake Louise has the resort hotel on alert.

Hotel officials confirm that about three dozen people, including 16 staff, got sick last week with diarrhea, vomiting and other symptoms. The guests left the hotel before staff were aware of the situation, and then a second group of guests came down with the same symptoms
Old May 6, 2011, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
wow, was just heading up there tomorrow for lunch (after some hiking) guess we'll be buying some sandwiches in Banff instead. Although, there doesn't seem to be a great sandwich place in banff (according to the people IN Banff), anyone have any thoughts?
Old May 8, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
we went up yesterday, mostly to hike around the lake and up to Plain des six glaciers. lots of great snow for snow shoeing. There wasn't anything to speak of at/in the hotel, all were sitting, eating, etc. Seemed pretty full

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.