Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I'd just send an e-mail to the general e-mail address ([email protected]) which will most likely be forwarded to the res department or FPC desk within 24h.
Thank you!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:20 pm

I'd just send an e-mail to the general e-mail address ([email protected]) which will most likely be forwarded to the res department or FPC desk within 24h.
Hi Jasper, my email to the above address is not deliverable and got bounced back. Do you have other emails for CLL? Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kgkg
Hi Jasper, my email to the above address is not deliverable and got bounced back. Do you have other emails for CLL? Thanks!
My apologies, the correct address should be:

[email protected]
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:02 pm

[email protected]
Thanks! I should've caught the typo, but it is so easy to miss.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite

[email protected]
Tsk Tsk Tsk Jasper....rule #2. Mods should make no mistakes
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Tsk Tsk Tsk Jasper....rule #2. Mods should make no mistakes
Mistakes happen...typos, missing commas, pesky FTers suddenly disappearing.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
/
I think i may have just realized where AM went, or moreso, who he came back as..
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
/

I think i may have just realized where AM went, or moreso, who he came back as..
I can assure you, neither assumption is correct.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I'm getting banned Bye everyone
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:55 pm

Don\'t visit if you are handicapped

To Whom It May Concern:
On Monday, I was a member of a Trafalgar tour who stopped for lunch, the gift store, and picture taking at your facility. We had fifty visitors to your hotel who dropped a few thousand dollars at your site.
One member of of group was 93 year old handicapped individual who had difficultly walking in the rain from the remote lot where our bus was directed to park. We were one of multiple bus loads of people forced to park and disembark in the back lot in the pouring rain. Ironically, in front of the hotel are posted stalls for passenger bus parking and drop offs. As explained to us by your staff and general manager, this coach parking is only for guests that have lodging reservations. (I did not interpret the sign as such but the tour guide explained it was the policy of the General Manager.) Quite frankly, I am appalled. We too are paying guests. Your sign clearly states a fifteen minute drop-off. We had no problem with parking an empty bus in the remote lot. To deny a drop off of a disabled individual needs to be reviewed by the Fairmont Corporate offices. A handicapped visitor should not be denied their rights of respect and dignity. This was a once of a lifetime opportunity to visit such an iconic site! THE STAFF WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO SPOIL THIS EVENT AND MAKE THE EXPERIENCE MISERABLE FOR SOMEONE WHO REQUIRED A WHEELCHAIR.
When I went ahead and requested the use of a wheel chair, I was told that it was only for registered guests. The tour director had to intervene and used his cell phone as collateral to borrow a wheelchair. To treat a tour director who visits this facility weekly, in season, with a busload of people is appalling. By that time, four of us missed out on the group photo. Even though the next scheduled photo opportunity for a group was 45 minutes later, they chose not to wait for four of us. To add insult to injury, all the restaurants were full and had a 45 minute wait time.
My opinion is the general manager should be chastised with disciplinary action. Associates should be trained on the sensitivity of disabled senior citizens with obvious issues. They too are human beings and should be treated as family. Your specialty is hospitality. I did not feel any hospitality at Fairmont Chateaux Lake Louise. We had choices to make and unfortunately, having lunch with a disabled person is a poor option. If this was your parent and you were a staff member at this, or any other Fairmont site, would you think this is acceptable behavior? You would be firing off a letter as well.
I am hoping to hear from you soon with a personalized, not a form letter response.
As a follow-up, my email was never acknowledged by the Fairmont hotel chain.

Last edited by IBtyen; Jun 10, 2016 at 7:31 am
Old Jun 18, 2016, 4:18 pm

Thumbs down Tour buses from Hell

Originally Posted by slysy
To Whom It May Concern:
On Monday, I was a member of a Trafalgar tour who stopped for lunch, the gift store, and picture taking at your facility. We had fifty visitors to your hotel who dropped a few thousand dollars at your site.
One member of of group was 93 year old handicapped individual who had difficultly walking in the rain from the remote lot where our bus was directed to park. We were one of multiple bus loads of people forced to park and disembark in the back lot in the pouring rain. Ironically, in front of the hotel are posted stalls for passenger bus parking and drop offs. As explained to us by your staff and general manager, this coach parking is only for guests that have lodging reservations. (I did not interpret the sign as such but the tour guide explained it was the policy of the General Manager.) Quite frankly, I am appalled. We too are paying guests. Your sign clearly states a fifteen minute drop-off. We had no problem with parking an empty bus in the remote lot. To deny a drop off of a disabled individual needs to be reviewed by the Fairmont Corporate offices. A handicapped visitor should not be denied their rights of respect and dignity. This was a once of a lifetime opportunity to visit such an iconic site! THE STAFF WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO SPOIL THIS EVENT AND MAKE THE EXPERIENCE MISERABLE FOR SOMEONE WHO REQUIRED A WHEELCHAIR.
When I went ahead and requested the use of a wheel chair, I was told that it was only for registered guests. The tour director had to intervene and used his cell phone as collateral to borrow a wheelchair. To treat a tour director who visits this facility weekly, in season, with a busload of people is appalling. By that time, four of us missed out on the group photo. Even though the next scheduled photo opportunity for a group was 45 minutes later, they chose not to wait for four of us. To add insult to injury, all the restaurants were full and had a 45 minute wait time.
My opinion is the general manager should be chastised with disciplinary action. Associates should be trained on the sensitivity of disabled senior citizens with obvious issues. They too are human beings and should be treated as family. Your specialty is hospitality. I did not feel any hospitality at Fairmont Chateaux Lake Louise. We had choices to make and unfortunately, having lunch with a disabled person is a poor option. If this was your parent and you were a staff member at this, or any other Fairmont site, would you think this is acceptable behavior? You would be firing off a letter as well.
I am hoping to hear from you soon with a personalized, not a form letter response.
As a follow-up, my email was never acknowledged by the Fairmont hotel chain.
Sad story, feel sorry that you were disappointed and that the elderly gent had such a hard time of it. However, your anger is directed at the wrong corporation. TRAFALGAR operates the tour and knows damn well what the parking rules are at this iconic location. Booking a mobility impaired guest on an active TRAFALGAR tour may not have been a great fit for the gentleman, or the poor tour guide for that matter (what a challenge). Clearly, this particular tour did not cater to individuals who require assistance or more time to get about. Though these level of tours do exist, I can assure you.

Unfortunately, preservation of the paying CLL guests' (hotel guests) experience is an ongoing issue for this property. At one time the lobby and some restos were off completely off limits to non guests due to the mayhem, high volume of tourists and tour buses patrons wanting a cup of tea and a photo.

I took my mother, who has mobility issues to this property, as well as Jasper Park Lodge. I can assure you that she rceived excellent service. Consideration of her limitations was certainly not overlooked by any of the staff, who went well above and beyond. I have patronized this chain for over a decade and can attest that their HR does a fine job of screening employees. I don't imagine that a sociopathic monster who "WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO SPOIL THIS EVENT AND MAKE THE EXPERIENCE MISERABLE FOR SOMEONE WHO REQUIRED A WHEELCHAIR" did not sneak under the radar.

You made reference to the couple of thosand your group of 50 spent on lunch and in the gift shop. Consider this. ONE paying guest spends thousands for the once in a lifetime experience of staying at this iconic property. Certainly you can not frown upon the hotel's efforts to keep the buses away from the entrance and provide fresh air and quiet for the guests that have paid very dearly to enjoy the property, in some cases once in their lifetime also.

Lake Louise is magical. Angry, rushed, demanding, stressed tour bus hoards take away from the magic. You really slammed that point home.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Mrs Penner
Sad story, feel sorry that you were disappointed and that the elderly gent had such a hard time of it. However, your anger is directed at the wrong corporation. TRAFALGAR operates the tour and knows damn well what the parking rules are at this iconic location. Booking a mobility impaired guest on an active TRAFALGAR tour may not have been a great fit for the gentleman, or the poor tour guide for that matter (what a challenge). Clearly, this particular tour did not cater to individuals who require assistance or more time to get about. Though these level of tours do exist, I can assure you.

Unfortunately, preservation of the paying CLL guests' (hotel guests) experience is an ongoing issue for this property. At one time the lobby and some restos were off completely off limits to non guests due to the mayhem, high volume of tourists and tour buses patrons wanting a cup of tea and a photo.

I took my mother, who has mobility issues to this property, as well as Jasper Park Lodge. I can assure you that she rceived excellent service. Consideration of her limitations was certainly not overlooked by any of the staff, who went well above and beyond. I have patronized this chain for over a decade and can attest that their HR does a fine job of screening employees. I don't imagine that a sociopathic monster who "WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND TO SPOIL THIS EVENT AND MAKE THE EXPERIENCE MISERABLE FOR SOMEONE WHO REQUIRED A WHEELCHAIR" did not sneak under the radar.

You made reference to the couple of thosand your group of 50 spent on lunch and in the gift shop. Consider this. ONE paying guest spends thousands for the once in a lifetime experience of staying at this iconic property. Certainly you can not frown upon the hotel's efforts to keep the buses away from the entrance and provide fresh air and quiet for the guests that have paid very dearly to enjoy the property, in some cases once in their lifetime also.

Lake Louise is magical. Angry, rushed, demanding, stressed tour bus hoards take away from the magic. You really slammed that point home.
+1. My thoughts exactly!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I completely agree here. The anger should not be directed to CLL. It should be directed to the tour operator, who did a horrible job planning this for its guests.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:12 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I'm so glad I booked a lake view room at CLL for an upcoming 3 night stay in July back in summer of next year. I wanted to add another night but the hotel is completely sold out. It would be a shame to not beign able to stay here during a visit to canadian rockies.

Anybody who is looking at this property for next summer, should book THIS summer. This property is insanely popular
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
I'm so glad I booked a lake view room at CLL for an upcoming 3 night stay in July back in summer of next year. I wanted to add another night but the hotel is completely sold out. It would be a shame to not beign able to stay here during a visit to canadian rockies.

Anybody who is looking at this property for next summer, should book THIS summer. This property is insanely popular
That's good advice. I have 10-day stay for Feb 2017 which I booked in Feb 2016. I have another 7-days booked for Aug 2017, which I booked in March 2016. Same advice goes for Banff Springs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.