Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
0 miles listed earnings for this trip

I know there is a world of discount fares where you dont earn anything.... but I have never seen that when traveling for work being booked through concur. Upcoming trip says 0 miles earned this trip. D fare both ways IAH-MUC / FRA-IAH. I want to make sure I get this fixed before I travel so I don't have to deal with it after the fact. Any ideas why this may be happening?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by avi8tir
I know there is a world of discount fares where you dont earn anything.... but I have never seen that when traveling for work being booked through concur. Upcoming trip says 0 miles earned this trip. D fare both ways IAH-MUC / FRA-IAH. I want to make sure I get this fixed before I travel so I don't have to deal with it after the fact. Any ideas why this may be happening?
I mean, it could be some sort of bulk fare. But likely an error in display.

Is this for sure a published fare (even if with a corporate discount?). If so, likely a display error, which is actually not that abnormal to hear about (esp. if there is a partner involved). It may fix itself eventually, or may not. But my experience, even in the era of PQP and the last iteration (PQD) and ‘miles’ based on fare/status vs distance(/status), it’s fairly rare to have postings done incorrectly, no matter the display beforehand. In fact, the only time I’ve had this happen personally is during IRROPS and a switched segment(s), and even then it was a quick call or get it fixed.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
the concur bookings i see won't show earnings until the ticket is issued. Once the ticket is issued, then proper earnings are displayed even though the reservation and fare class are the same.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:36 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by avi8tir
Very doubtful your discount fares that don't earn miles but bulk fare do earning more like partner tickets.

All UA operated? Is there a listed $ fare? Has the ticket been issued -- you have a eticket 016....
Old Oct 1, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
There are LH connecting flights to and from DUS. Booked on 016 stock. Booked back in June but just now noticed. Fully ticketed.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Never believe what it says on united.com. If you try to "fix" anything before travel, you run the risk of creating problems where there were none before.
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 9:36 pm

If it’s been months, I would verify with concur TA the ticket has been fully ticketed.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:16 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
FWIW I've had tickets show this prior to flying, but seemingly post correctly after the fact.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:36 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've had concur mess up EVERY reservation they booked for me with my last 2 employers. Losers!!!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:34 am

Programs: Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, HHonors Gold
I have this for an upcoming trip as well. TUL-DEN purchased on united.com. T class there and V back.
The following month I have an award trip to Europe and showing 0 earning for miles and PQP even though I have upgraded some of the flights to a higher class.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by roberto99
I've had concur mess up EVERY reservation they booked for me with my last 2 employers. Losers!!!
you realize concur is just a front end, right? They connect to whatever TA your employer selects that works with them. There are several.

ours is through Carson wagonlit and it’s been fine.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Any upgrades in there? e.g. LH upgraded to First? That often shows as 0 miles ... but posts correctly.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Personally, I would let it play out. This is a known issue prior to flight commencement.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Have an interesting one. Booked a US->Europe->Europe->US multi-city yesterday. I never pay attention to the PQP earnings because I can basically guess them from the fare. Randomly last night I was looking at the confirmation email and noticed that the receipt shows earnings over 2x what I should be earning. Then I went to the website and it, too, shows the same numbers. Anyone seen this before?

Sure, I would love for the flights to post as United says they will. That alone will net me an additional 20 PPs. I suspect they won't (which is expected and OK).

The incorrectly calculated PQP are actually assigned to the UA flights in the ticket and not the LH flights. I should earn approx. $1,600 PQP but UA says I will earn $3,800.

The trip is not until November so I won't be able to report back until then on how things post.

-RM
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Have an interesting one. Booked a US->Europe->Europe->US multi-city yesterday. I never pay attention to the PQP earnings because I can basically guess them from the fare. Randomly last night I was looking at the confirmation email and noticed that the receipt shows earnings over 2x what I should be earning. Then I went to the website and it, too, shows the same numbers. Anyone seen this before?

Sure, I would love for the flights to post as United says they will. That alone will net me an additional 20 PPs. I suspect they won't (which is expected and OK).

The incorrectly calculated PQP are actually assigned to the UA flights in the ticket and not the LH flights. I should earn approx. $1,600 PQP but UA says I will earn $3,800.

The trip is not until November so I won't be able to report back until then on how things post.

-RM
Is this a UA (016) or LH (220) ticket? That makes a difference. An LH segment on an LH issued ticket credits PQP as # of award miles / 5. I've not seen UA quote such amounts but I hardly pay attention prior to posting given their lousy track record of accuracy in such matters -- as evidenced by this thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.