Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Posted 14 March 2015
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments regarding our display of MileagePlus earning information.

We are aware that there are some rare instances, where international surcharge is being excluding from the display of award miles and PQD when viewing your upcoming reservation on United.com. We expect to have the earnings display corrected shortly. Please rest assured that the final earnings reflected in your Account summary once you have flown will include the surcharge.

-UA Insider
NOTE: The overwhelming consensus is that preflight PQD/PQM/RDM information on an itinerary is frequently wrong for inexplicable reasons, but it being wrong on the itinerary has no bearing on whether correct PQD/PQM/RDM will post to your MP account after flying a segment. So don't worry if things look wrong pre-flight; it is only necessary to contact MP if post-flight posting is incorrect.

Archive thread: Incorrect/Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Incorrect / Ineligible projected earning information showing on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsloan
It’s worse than irrelevant — it’ll get the wrong value. OP will earn on the Air Japan flights, but the earnings depend entirely upon the amount of the fare UA has assigned to those segments.

The best way to estimate that is to look at the Fare on the receipt and add any International Surcharge, then compare to the amounts already assigned to UA. Whatever’s left over, approximately, will be earned by the Air Japan legs.

If it somehow didn’t post properly, the MileagePlus Service Center would fix it after the fact. But it’s likely to post just fine.
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I'm confused. Partner earnings page has absolutely nothing to do with the situation because the OP is on a UA ticket. UA ticket earning rules apply here which means PQP based on fare paid and award miles based on fare paid x 11 (since OP is 1K).

Only reason anyone would look at the NH earnings page for MileagePlus is if they are on an NH flight *not* ticketed by UA. Not the case here. You would use it in your situation since you were AC-ticketed, NH-operated with UA not touching the ticket at all. But that's not what OP ( vicmmen ) is talking about.

-RM
my mistake - for some reason, I had assumed it was a partner ticket. Correct that earnings are solely based on $ (assuming it’s not in an ineligible fare class). I’ve erased the wrong content.

point still stands though that predicted partner earnings are frequently wrong, and typically post as they should. In the end, especially segment-based numbers get jumbled up, but in the end, on an international ticket, the PQP should be equal to the airfare and YQ line items combined.
jsloan and RobOnLI like this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat
I bought a ticket on Lufthansa and added my United number to the ticket (V, Y, and A booking classes). The flight shows up under my trips, but it says 0 miles earned this trip. Is this accurate or do I just need to wait for it to update?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by godbreath
I bought a ticket on Lufthansa and added my United number to the ticket (V, Y, and A booking classes). The flight shows up under my trips, but it says 0 miles earned this trip. Is this accurate or do I just need to wait for it to update?
it's a bit unusual. United.com usually at least attempts to calculate earnings. Any upgrades (waitlisted)? That often causes the zero to show up
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Simple question: should the PQP be equal to the base fare? I have been looking to book a flight to Cancun, and when i review the PQP they claim I will earn, it is a couple hundred less than the base fare that is shown (before the addition of taxes and fees). Am I missing something?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jcresq
Simple question: should the PQP be equal to the base fare? I have been looking to book a flight to Cancun, and when i review the PQP they claim I will earn, it is a couple hundred less than the base fare that is shown (before the addition of taxes and fees). Am I missing something?
If you are truely talking base airfare. PQPs is equal to base airfare plus UA surcharges.

If you are taking about the total fare you are changed, PQPs are equal to total fare minus taxes and airport / country fees.

Theis is for tickets on a 016 ticket stock with flights operated by UA or *A partner.

Occasionally the reported itin PQPs are wrong.

Posting the fare details might help.
gutt22 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Just booked the trip. They got it right on the receipt. Airfare 625, PQP 625. When making the reservation, it showed the PQP as 472.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, National Exec
PQP accruals wrong when viewing reservation?

Just ticketed new reservation over the weekend. Receipt shows PQP accruals correctly, matching what I paid:
PQPs
Flight 1 - 240
Flight 2 - 103
Flight 3 - 122
Total PQPs - 465
Total PQF - 3

I logged into the website this evening and looked at the reservation and it is showing this now for the total trip accruals:
PQPs - 223
PQFs - 3

242 PQPs vanished....

Is this a known issue on the UA site these days? If so, have they been posting correctly once I fly it or will I need to intervene at some point to get it fixed?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's long been an issue that the website sometimes shows wrong accruals before flying, but the amounts posted after flying are correct.

A new twist is that the continuous pricing method they've starting running their airfares through definitely always makes the website show wrong accruals. Seems like the final posting amounts are still usually correct though.

Just keep track of it and make a reminder to reconcile after you finish the trip in case of any issues. (Write to MPSC at that point.)
jsloan and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Booked UA codeshare on AC Express in P discounted business class, ticketed on 016 stock. The itinerary on united.com shows 0 Award/PQF/PQP earnings. Is it usual for them to not calculate this in advance and I should expect the standard miles/PQP’s based on the ticket price?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 4, 2022 at 11:42 pm Reason: moved to subject thread
Old Aug 4, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by daslax
Booked UA codeshare on AC Express in P discounted business class, ticketed on 016 stock. The itinerary on united.com shows 0 Award/PQF/PQP earnings....
This happens. It may eventually correct itself. It may not. But it very, very likely to post correctly. This will post based on fare.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, National Exec Elite
United 016 ticket operated by AC accruals

Have a trip booked through United where the return is operated by Air Canada. For some reason the Accruals shown in the ticket receipt don’t show any PQP for the return flight and no mileage for return as well. It’s on United ticket stock and sold through United. Is this just a glitch where it doesn’t forecast the mileage correctly for code-shares?

Old Aug 30, 2022, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by littlea905
.... Is this just a glitch where it doesn’t forecast the mileage correctly for code-shares?
Yes, this does happen. It may eventually correct itself, but it will post correct regardless

The PQP total for the trip is easily determine from the fare, so you can use that for your planning
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by littlea905
Have a trip booked through United where the return is operated by Air Canada. For some reason the Accruals shown in the ticket receipt don’t show any PQP for the return flight and no mileage for return as well. It’s on United ticket stock and sold through United. Is this just a glitch where it doesn’t forecast the mileage correctly for code-shares?

AC express flight? Common problem. Mainline usually shows correctly. These post fine.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by cfischer
AC express flight? Common problem. Mainline usually shows correctly. These post fine.

thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Somewhat embarrassingly, I only just came across this issue, as I cannot recall the last time I booked a ticket through United and didn't fly UA or LH metal. And I see that this thread was started over seven years ago. Does anyone have any idea why United hasn't fixed this by now? It can't be that hard ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.