Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase MileagePlus Select Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
The agent who gave you that information was wrong. I too got my qualifying EQM for Jan and Feb. That is one of the only reasons why I am even keeping the card (other being 5K RDM each year and 3X RDM on UA purchases as compared to 2X on Explorer card)
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
I am also getting PQM the bad news is it hurts the PQD ratio
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yesterday my PQM posted from the card and were dated Feb 22. Not sure why it took over a month to show up in my account.

When I called MP desk, the agent talked to a supervisor (?) who told her that the PQM benefit was terminated. Then she checked again with another person.

Obviously this is incorrect as others above have stated and now I have seen my own PQM post. I did learn that you have to book on united.com or you do not get credit. I had several tickets that were ticketed by phone due to credits that I had. These did not post even though I used the card.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1fan
Say more. I don't get your point.

Jackie glad it worked. Yes it has to be bought at UAL.com, been that way at least 5 years.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:29 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Say more. I don't get your point......
The normal 1K target is 100K PQM and $10K PQD, so the PQD ratio is 10 cpm.

If you get 10K PQM (Plat card) from Chase (5K from united.com purchases and 5K from $35K spend threshold), you now need 90PQM more but still $10K PQD or needed PQD ratio is 11.1 cpm.

For the Select card you earn up to 5K PQM, meaning the PQD ratio 10.53 cpm to meet the mins.

The PQD ratio is more distorted at lower elite levels.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 27, 2014 at 9:54 pm Reason: expounded with Plat & Select card examples
Old Mar 27, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If you get 10K PQM from Chase (5K from united.com purchases and 5K from $35K spend threshold)
There's no spend threshold bonus on the Select card. That was a feature of the original Platinum card.

Yes it has to be bought at UAL.com, been that way at least 5 years.
It has also always worked if web support booked it (but not general reservations).
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I have the UA card that gives 5000 PQM for $5000 in united.com purchases, and 5000 PQM for $35k in net purchases. When I log in to cards.chase.com, the website shows all of my benefits in specific detail. I got the 5000 PQM for united.com purchases already, on 1/31/14. (Confusingly, it shows up in my account under "Airline activity", rather than "Non-airline activity" with my other credit card benefits.) I'm up to about $24k in YTD net purchases, so I will likely get the other 5000 PQM in a few months. I don't care that much about the PQM, because I will very likely hit 100k PQM regardless, but I keep the card for insurance and because it might put me over the 125k or 150k threshold. I charge most everything except Star Alliance flights and restaurants to my Club card, though, for the 50% bonus.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
.... I charge most everything except Star Alliance flights and restaurants to my Club card, though, for the 50% bonus.
The Plat card is good for united.com purchases (earning the various PQM credits) and restaurants as you mention but also gas stations, home improvements and grocery stores -- all 2x earning.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Quote:

Quote:

Say more. I don't get your point......

The normal 1K target is 100K PQM and $10K PQD, so the PQD ratio is 10 cpm.

If you get 10K PQM (Plat card) from Chase (5K from united.com purchases and 5K from $35K spend threshold), you now need 90PQM more but still $10K PQD or needed PQD ratio is 11.1 cpm.

For the Select card you earn up to 5K PQM, meaning the PQD ratio 10.53 cpm to meet the mins.

The PQD ratio is more distorted at lower elite levels.
Thanks for the explanation.

However, the only way you get PQM from Select card is making purchases at UAL.com (or web support I have learned). There is no free PQM given regardless if how much spend you out in the card.

So for the most part these transactions should also earn PQD (since it is UA tickets being purchased most likely).
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The Plat card is good for united.com purchases (earning the various PQM credits) and restaurants as you mention but also gas stations, home improvements and grocery stores -- all 2x earning.
That's true, I use it at grocery stores, too. I hardly ever buy gas (electric car!). Note, it also gives 2x credit on Star Alliance purchases other than UA, which most/all current UA cards don't.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
PQM for Phone Purchases

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.
I needed to purchase a ticket using an agent recently as I wanted a W fare for only one way of the ticket (not possible to construct online). Looking at my Chase statement I can't tell the difference between tickets purchased through an agent versus online.

Does one get PQM for phone purchases through United? Or only purchases directly through the website. If phone purchases are not eligible, is there any way around this?

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by astroflyer

Does one get PQM for phone purchases through United?

Or only purchases directly through the website. If phone purchases are not eligible, is there any way around this?

Thanks
No to PQM for phone purchases
Yes to PQM only through united.com
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Phone purchases don't get PQM - only for anything online at United.com. Not sure if this still works, but in the past, calling web support instead of regular reservations to make the purchase would get the PQMs, just like you used the website. Often though, you'd have to say that you tried the website but couldn't get what you wanted. After the fact, there isn't a way around this, though.

I actually just did an upgrade with miles and co-pay for the wife and I, and unfortunately, it kept erring out online for both of us (separate reservations). Silly me didn't think to call web support to complete it instead of the regular reservations number.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM
What purchases get PQMs on United.com

I'm trying to reconcile my PQMs that are posting -- Are the Visa Select PQMs earned on ALL united.com purchases, including if you buy RDMs or PQMs, or pay for upgrades through the .com website, OR is it just ticket purchases?

It seems like i get triple miles on all UNITED purchases, but not sure what they are giving me PQMs for.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 94010flyer
I'm trying to reconcile my PQMs that are posting -- Are the Visa Select PQMs earned on ALL united.com purchases, including if you buy RDMs or PQMs, or pay for upgrades through the .com website, OR is it just ticket purchases?

It seems like i get triple miles on all UNITED purchases, but not sure what they are giving me PQMs for.
It is any purchase made on United.com. Your CHase statement would list them as United.com. All those purchases upto $5k are PQM earning on Chase Select Card. I have personally made ticket purchases, Club membership and even Accelerator purchases that have been eligible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.