Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase MileagePlus Select Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Do legacy UA Mileage Plus Chase card (Select/Plat) still earn PQMs? {Yes}

I have the old card that used to earn up to 5000 miles each year for spend on UA flights. Did that end with the new changes we all would like ?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mahanaloa
I have the old card that used to earn up to 5000 miles each year for spend on UA flights. Did that end with the new changes we all would like ?
Nope, I think you are referring to the MP select CC that used to give up to 5000 premier qualifying miles on united.com purchases. That is still active. That has not yet been changed or taken away. That has nothing to do with the new changes.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:57 pm

I guess I'll give them a call then. Nothing posted for 2015…

Mahalo!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
I guess I'll give them a call then. Nothing posted for 2015…

Mahalo!
Question - did you use the card to make United purchases? If so, do they show up on your statement? If yes, dont call UA. Send Chase a secure message and ask them. They will respond faster. UA will have no idea! Typically, it has taken around 1.5 to two months to post the PQM's.

Mahalo!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:32 pm

Yes on both counts.

I'll PM Chase.

Mahalo again!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Still working for me. It does take up to 2 months to post and only works for flight purchases may online at united.com. Phone purchases are not eligible.

Go online to the Chase site and look for "See Rewards details", under "Rewards Program Details" you should see "•Earn up to 5,000 Premier Qualifying Miles each year " if you have an eligible card.

Also some cards have http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...les-still.html.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 16, 2015 at 6:00 pm
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
This is really confusing...

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Still working for me. It does take up to 2 months to post and only works for flight purchases may online at united.com. Phone purchases are not eligible.

Go online to the Chase site and look for "See Rewards details", under "Rewards Program Details" you should see "•Earn up to 5,000 Premier Qualifying Miles each year " if you have an eligible card.

Also some cards have http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...les-still.html.
I believe 2 out of 3 of the EQM/PQM benefits are still active. 5k PQM after $35k spend, as well as 1PQM per $1 spent on UA.com. What's no longer active is the offer to buy PQMs at a cost of 10,000 points/miles per 1,000 PQMs, up to a maximum of 5,000 PQMs. That part is history.

Making things fuzzy were limits on the total number of PQMs that could be had that way per MP member; during the first year only, it would max at 15k PQM, thereafter, max 10k PQM (and in each case a max of 5k PQM from each "source", 35k spend/UA.com spend/PQMs purchased via points).

This is screwy, just noticed, following WineCountryUSA's information, it says "up to 5,000 PQMs" now. That changes everything! Wait, no it doesn't, elsewhere it says up to 10k PQM! Still, might be time to get a Club Card after all, use the current card to get to the $35k spend, along with any UA.com purchases, and then the rest on the Club Card at 1.5 RDMs/dollar spent.

Code:
. Earning PQM: Upon your Enrollment Date, you will receive a one-time
bonus of 5,000 PQM. Also, you can earn up to 5,000 additional PQM each Year at a rate of 1 PQM per $1 of
eligible Net Purchases made on United.com. (“Year” means, for your first year as a cardmember, the period
beginning with your Enrollment Date through your December statement date of that same year. For each
year thereafter, “Year” means the twelve month period beginning the day after your December statement
date through your December statement date of the next year.) As a one-time bonus each Year, once you
reach $35,000 or more in Net Purchases, and you make one additional purchase within that Year, you will
receive 5,000 PQM. United Airlines Companion Ticket Certificate: Each year after your Anniversary you will
receive a United Airlines Companion Ticket Certificate that can be redeemed for travel in the 48 contiguous
United States. (“Anniversary” is the date that is twelve months after your Enrollment Date, and the same
date each twelve months thereafter.) Certain blackout and other restrictions may apply; see the Companion
Ticket Certificate for details.
Earning Restrictions: PQM/miles earned have no cash value, and cannot be used as payment of obligation
to us. If there is any abuse of the Program, failure to follow Program terms, or any misrepresentation by
you, all PQM/miles not sent to your MileagePlus account shall be forfeited and no additional PQM/miles shall
accumulate. There is no maximum number of miles that you can accumulate in the Program. PQM are used
solely towards Premier status qualification, and are not redeemable for travel or other redemption items.
Redemption Process: PQM/miles earned during a billing cycle are not available for redemption until they
are posted on your credit card billing statement and transferred to your MileagePlus account. PQM/miles
will be automatically transferred to your MileagePlus account at the end of each billing cycle. Please contact
MileagePlus at 800-421-4655 or visit mileageplus.com to redeem your PQM/miles.
Additional Obligations: You are responsible for any personal tax liability related to participating in the
Program. Any disputes concerning the Program will not affect your payment obligation to us on your
Account. We are not responsible for any disputes among you or any authorized users relating to the Program.
Questions regarding the Program should be directed to the toll-free number on the back of your credit card.
Program Restrictions: We reserve the right to approve, deny or revoke participation in the Program to
any individual for any reason whatsoever. Please see MileagePlus terms and conditions for redemption
information, reward restrictions and, if applicable, expiration information at mileageplus.com.
Right to Change/Modify/Cancel: We along with United Air Lines, Inc. reserve the right to cancel, modify,
restrict, waive, or terminate the Program or any aspects or features of the Program at any time without
prior notice.
Program Responsibility: We are not responsible for redeemed goods and/or services offered through
the MileagePlus Program. MileagePlus provides certain benefits through its partners and participating
companies who are responsible for the quality and performance of any goods and/or services redeemed as
a benefit of this Program. The MileagePlus Rules relating to the nature and quality of products and services
offered through partners and returns and exchanges of redeemed items apply.
Program Void: The Program is void where prohibited by federal, state, or local law. These Rules and
Regulations set forth all the terms of the Program; we have no other obligation with respect to the Program
beyond those described in these Rules and Regulations.
RPC0278
03/27/12
If you have more than one United credit card account you can earn PQM on each of these accounts up to
the stated maximum per account. However, under the United MileagePlus Program, the maximum number
of PQM that can be awarded to your United MileagePlus Member Number is 15,000 the first calendar year
and 10,000 each calendar year thereafter. Therefore, while excess PQM may appear on your United credit
card account statement these PQM will be forfeited and will not post to your United MileagePlus account.

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Mar 16, 2015 at 6:32 pm Reason: more info, massive confusion
Old Mar 16, 2015, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Do legacy UA Mileage Plus Chase card (Select/Plat) still earn PQMs? {Yes}

The Select Card doesn't have a $35k hurdle. Or any hurdle.

Up to $5K of purchases at United.com are matched with PQM, and 3x RDM earned on UA purchases whether at dot com or phone.

In addition, yearly I get 5K RDM anniversary bonus

2x RDM on Star Alliance purchase, home improvement stores, restaurants and grocery

That's a Plus.

The $35k thing is a different card.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
This is screwy, just noticed, following WineCountryUSA's information, it says "up to 5,000 PQMs" now. That changes everything!....
it has been that way for years. The $35K Purchase 5K PQMs has not been list in the rewards for many years if ever. Why -- don't know.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The Select Card doesn't have a $35k hurdle. ....
The $35k thing is a different card.
Such as the legacy Plat card.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: UA 1k
I just read that sometimes Chase allows people to downgrade the explorer card to the no-fee United Awards card (which is discontinued, but is still listed on the Chase website). I saw reports of this still happening this week.
The Mileageplus Select card is the other discontinued UA card also still listed on the Chase website. I sadly missed applying for it in 2011 before it was discontinued. I could have really used those PQM miles.
Any chance of Chase downgrading the United Club card to the Select? It would still be a downgrade, also to an older card. Or is this just wishful thinking?
I am locked into the $395 annual fee for the United Club Card (it's gone up to $450/year now), which is nice, but I would do anything for the ability to earn 5k PQM miles a year...
Old Sep 9, 2015, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by augias84
Any chance of Chase downgrading the United Club card to the Select?
None at all. (IMO, this would be an upgrade.)
Old Nov 16, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Regarding the 5K EQM earned with the select card, Do they count towards 1K?

I know that Flex EQM do not count towards 1K, but I'm unsure about EQM earned with the select card.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by 1KHI
Regarding the 5K EQM earned with the select card, Do they count towards 1K? ....
yes they do but there still may be the PQD and 4 UA operated segment issues also.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 16, 2015 at 9:14 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
yes they do but there still may be the PQD and 2 segment issues also.
Thanks!
Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA
Anyone else wishing they kept the black tulip card? I destroyed mine out of paranoia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.