Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase MileagePlus Select Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
What's the AF? It sounds like it could be the 0AF downgrade version of the Explorer.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
The thread that never dies! OK, trying to figure out the benefits (or lack thereof) of my two legacy UA MP cards. One is the Platinum Select, and that one is a keeper because it still gets the 5000 PQM on $35k spend and 1 PQM for each dollar spent on UA.

It's the other card I can't figure out. Presently it's labeled "MileagePlus Card" with "Visa Signature" lower right. Does not earn any PQMs, costs 3% on foreign transactions, and generally seems like a loser card. Time to get rid of it, probably get an Explorer card. Would still like to know what it's benefits are though, since I've recently booked a trip with it and curious if it carries any sort of trip insurance. I've found the following "legacy" card links by changing a single digit in the URL provided by another FTer-

Option 1 (dated 01/31/15 United MileagePlus® Presidential PlusSM Card Visa Signature®)
Option 2 (dated 03/15/18 United MileagePlus® Explorer Card Visa Signature® and Visa Platinum®)
Option 3 (dated 11/01/13 United MileagePlus® Card Visa Signature®)
Option 4 (dated 11/01/13 United MileagePlus® Club Card Visa Signature®)

But nothing contained in any of those links gives a clue as to how such a card might presently appear. I've also looked through old emails, checking for information on benefits, but zilch. Any help appreciated. Thanks!
I think I have the card you are indicating. It has Mileage Plus Card on the top right hand corner. The United logo and Chase logo are right underneath. Visa Signature is on the lower right corner in two rows. I am getting 5000 PQM for up to $5000 United spend and 5000 PQM for $35K total spend. The AF is $140.00. If you have this card, you should be getting the PQM.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wilp888
... I am getting 5000 PQM for up to $5000 United spend and 5000 PQM for $35K total spend. The AF is $140.00. If you have this card, you should be getting the PQM.
That is the legacy Chase MP Platinum Visa card - silver gray in color
You get 2 miles / $ for UA purchases, grocery, restaurants, home improvement, auto gas
Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
The thread that never dies! OK, trying to figure out the benefits (or lack thereof) of my two legacy UA MP cards. One is the Platinum Select, and that one is a keeper because it still gets the 5000 PQM on $35k spend and 1 PQM for each dollar spent on UA.

It's the other card I can't figure out. Presently it's labeled "MileagePlus Card" with "Visa Signature" lower right. Does not earn any PQMs, costs 3% on foreign transactions, and generally seems like a loser card. Time to get rid of it, probably get an Explorer card. Would still like to know what it's benefits are though, since I've recently booked a trip with it and curious if it carries any sort of trip insurance. I've found the following "legacy" card links by changing a single digit in the URL provided by another FTer-

Option 1 (dated 01/31/15 United MileagePlus® Presidential PlusSM Card Visa Signature®)
Option 2 (dated 03/15/18 United MileagePlus® Explorer Card Visa Signature® and Visa Platinum®)
Option 3 (dated 11/01/13 United MileagePlus® Card Visa Signature®)
Option 4 (dated 11/01/13 United MileagePlus® Club Card Visa Signature®)

But nothing contained in any of those links gives a clue as to how such a card might presently appearm. I've also looked through old emails, checking for information on benefits, but zilch. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

You have put in a lot of effort posting and researching. Why not call Chase and get specific information?

My legacy MP Select visa signature card has the 3% foreign transaction fee and 2X miles for gas, UA tix, and groceries. I only use it for groceries now, and for that it compensates for its annual fee.

Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by 747FC

You have put in a lot of effort posting and researching. Why not call Chase and get specific information?

My legacy MP Select visa signature card has the 3% foreign transaction fee and 2X miles for gas, UA tix, and groceries. I only use it for groceries now, and for that it compensates for its annual fee.

I did call, and the agent was able to paraphrase but could not provide me with a link to the benefits. She said at some point I'd been sent an email with the information, but I haven't been able to find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.