Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase MileagePlus Select Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 3:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't see anything about priority boarding either.
I have been given Group 2 boarding using that card in the past, though. So wondering if there was a recent change?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mknoebel
I don't see anything about priority boarding either.
I have been given Group 2 boarding using that card in the past, though. So wondering if there was a recent change?
Boarding group 2 is defined as (link)
roup 2 – Premier Access boarding
o Premier® Gold
o Star Alliance™ Gold
o Premier® Silver
o MileagePlus® Club Card members
o Presidential PlusSM Card members
o MileagePlus® Explorer Card members
o MileagePlus® Awards Card members
The support credit cards are listed above
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Thank you WineCountry
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Select has good RDM/EQM features for a low annual fee. No bennies for actual travel experience though (bags, boarding)
Old Feb 14, 2014, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

The Select card, which I have, and any of the PMUA cards, AFAIK, never had premier access type benefits. The reason these cards are valuable are for the generous RDM/EQM benefits, which actually help me. The newer cards offer very little for current elites (accept upgrades on award flights).
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Is anyone still getting EQM's from this card? I called in February and was told that since my purchases were made with an agent they did not quality for EQM. So for my next flight I made sure I booked on united.com. Just got off the phone with Mileage Plus and was told that the EQM benefit was cancelled.

Has anyone received them this year? I am so frustrated. I was going to cancel the card before my $95 charge for this year last month and was told by Mileage Plus that the EQM benefit was still in place, Now after I paid it I was told it's gone. Also told that 1k's no longer get a $60 credit towards the annual fee.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
Originally Posted by JackieC2
Is anyone still getting EQM's from this card? I called in February and was told that since my purchases were made with an agent they did not quality for EQM. So for my next flight I made sure I booked on united.com. Just got off the phone with Mileage Plus and was told that the EQM benefit was cancelled.

Has anyone received them this year? I am so frustrated. I was going to cancel the card before my $95 charge for this year last month and was told by Mileage Plus that the EQM benefit was still in place, Now after I paid it I was told it's gone. Also told that 1k's no longer get a $60 credit towards the annual fee.
I got all 5k PQM on 31 Jan this year (I had >$5k of purchases on United.com in the January statement period). I got the 5k last year too.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite

MP is incorrect and PQMs should still be posting albeit there is a lag. I have yet to receive February PQMs but recall it posts middle of the following month so any day now hopefully. The $60 statement credit is still valid. I was already credited $60 for the PMUA Chase Platinum card.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Sterndogg
MP is incorrect and PQMs should still be posting albeit there is a lag. I have yet to receive February PQMs but recall it posts middle of the following month so any day now hopefully. The $60 statement credit is still valid. I was already credited $60 for the PMUA Chase Platinum card.
I'll see if they post next month. I was on the phone for 30 minutes while she checked with several people about this.

In the past I thought they posted when the regular miles posted to my account. I got them and a 5000 bonus for my anniversary, but no PQM's.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:32 pm

The PQM posts about 2 weeks after the statement closing date which contains the qualifying transaction at UAL.com

The RDM earned with the purchase posts within 3 days of closing date, of course, as normal.

Example: my closing day is March 4. Between Feb 4 and Mar 4 I bought $2000 on UaL.com and $1000 on clothes and electronics.

I will get 7k RDM posting March 7 ($2k x 3 + 1k). And 2K PQM posts about March 18.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The PQM posts about 2 weeks after the statement closing date which contains the qualifying transaction at UAL.com

The RDM earned with the purchase posts within 3 days of closing date, of course, as normal.

Example: my closing day is March 4. Between Feb 4 and Mar 4 I bought $2000 on UaL.com and $1000 on clothes and electronics.

I will get 7k RDM posting March 7 ($2k x 3 + 1k). And 2K PQM posts about March 18.
I'll wait a few more days. But my closing date was Feb 26 so it really should have posted by now. When yours posts would you reply to this post? Then I will call back and say that others are receiving PQM's from airfare charged in 2014.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:33 pm

Jackie - that is overdue for you - you should call now. It is a good week overdue.

I actually spent a smaller figure (I rounded up to keep it simple) but mine actually posted already.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 12:45 pm

I am still getting EQM credits on my Select card, including airfare purchases in January of this year. There is a lag before they post, but I have been getting EQMs for the last several years with no issues. I do all my transactions on united.com.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Yes, I am still getting my PQM from United.com purchases, in fact my Feb PQM's just posted a few days ago. Whoever told you that the PQM benefit has ended was misinformed.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CKinMD
Yes, I am still getting my PQM from United.com purchases, in fact my Feb PQM's just posted a few days ago. Whoever told you that the PQM benefit has ended was misinformed.
Same here and that's with the even older and more venerable Platinum class Signature card

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.