Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase MileagePlus Select Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by nycityny
When I have had problems I have gotten them resolved by logging into my Chase credit card account and sending an email from their website. They usually forward the note to the right person who can handle it and it gets resolved. I don't have to bounce between Chase and United.

Lately I've noticed that early in each calendar month I get credited with PQMs based on United charges I've made in the prior calendar month. Sometimes the billing cycle has not yet closed on those charges but I still get credited.

That said, I have not yet seen PQMs credited for March 2013 even though today is April 16. I don't know why.
The 5,000 PQM's for 35K in spend posted in the last few days, but the PQM's specific to purchased United reservations hasn't posted yet. I'm short about 2K PQM's based on this, January and February posted, but nothing for March yet. But I'm not surprised, as I had the same issue last year. Sadly I make 1K on segments now, so the shorting of PQM's isn't a issue for me.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 1:58 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I have gotten my PQMs for January and February 2013, but nothing at all for March. also, the January posting was for some December and c some January charges, and was not coincident with the statement cycle. (two charges from one and one charge from another or some such.) I am currently overseas, and have found my two attempts to Skype up Chase customer service far less than satisfactory, so I think ill send them a secure message. one guy at customer service tried to tell me that card no longer has the PQM benefit, but I choose not to believe him for now, as I sure needed them last year!
Old Apr 22, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Gold
This is from an email I got regarding my MileagePlus Select card on April 1:
1 Premier® qualifying mile (PQM) per $1 spent on united.com ticket purchases — up to 5,000 PQM per calendar year
That said, I purchased tickets in early March and the additional PQM have not posted to my account yet.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by rdalan
Thought I'd jump in on this thread with a somewhat related question. Is anyone else having trouble getting PQM's earned from the Chase Mileage Plus Select Visa properly credited? These are PQM's you earn 1 for 1 for purchases on United.com.

2 problems I am continually having:

1. The amount they credit me never reconciles to what my own records show
2. They cap me at 5,000 PQM's. But I have 2 cards and the rules say you can earn 5,000 per card up to a maximum of 10,000 total.

Every year I have to call and fight with both United and Chase. Both of they always say I have to call the other. It is very frustrating and time consuming. It would appear it's going to be the same fight this year as I have yet to be awarded for 2013.

So anyway, I'm hoping there is a fix I can find here.

Thanks!
I don't think that you can get more than 5k for ticket purchases and 5k for $35k spend regardless of the number of cards. The cap is per MP account - not per CC
Old Apr 22, 2013, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by todorovic
I don't think that you can get more than 5k for ticket purchases and 5k for $35k spend regardless of the number of cards. The cap is per MP account - not per CC
There's also the 5K you can get for burning 50K Choice miles (though they haven't yet updated the redemption function online for 2013)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
update:
sometime yesterday there was a March 31 posting, including all of the rest of the PQMs that I was expecting. so, for now, at least, what I have spent in 2013 exactly matches the PQMs I have received.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: 1P, AA EXP, SPG Gold
Still waiting for my 5K PQMs for annual spend to post in 2013. Based on this thread, assume folks would generally recommend sending an email to Chase through the website?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTurtle
Still waiting for my 5K PQMs for annual spend to post in 2013. Based on this thread, assume folks would generally recommend sending an email to Chase through the website?
I just spoke with a great rep at Chase, and after making a spreadsheet of my individual charges and when the PQMs hit, understand the methodology. Once the statement containing the eligible charges closes, it takes about 8 weeks to post the PQMs. So, were any of your eligible charges on a statement that closed more than 8 weeks ago? If so, you could call Chase and inquire about those. If later than that, they advise waiting until the 8 weeks (past statement close, not charge made) has passed.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Pat+
PQMs earned on the MileagePlus Visa (fka Platinum Class) and Select do count towards 1K. They're just regular PQMs. With the ex-plat class card you can earn up to 10k/year.
Yes they do. In a perverse way, it would be almost good if they did not count, since the card is rather light on other benefits (it still has foreign transaction fees), and I wouldn't mind a different card.

If it has been more than 45 days, yes.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mre5765
Yes they do. In a perverse way, it would be almost good if they did not count, since the card is rather light on other benefits (it still has foreign transaction fees), and I wouldn't mind a different card.
Since they've killed off Choices from this card, and there's no CC spend waiver for 1K, I can almost guarantee you at some point they'll either discontinue this card entirely for active users, or put the same restriction on for 1Ks that they do with the PPlat card.

Too bad too as it's a relatively easy 10K PQM (which is of course why they'll do the above at some point).
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:30 pm

I just spoke with Chase, and they explained it this way:
1. You make the charge on XXXX day.
2. Credit card statement closes (could be almost 30 days later than XXX, theoretically.)
3. up to 8 weeks later, PQMs post.
So, if it has been 8 weeks since close of statement with spend, then yes, call. Otherwise, wait until that landmark so they don't have any further reason to delay their inquiry.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC RA, HH Gold
MileagePlus Select Cardholders - $35K Spend Gets You 5K Miles Still?

As many are this time of year I'm looking at a close call to achieve status for 2014.

Having held the now discontinued United Signature card from the past, I was transferred to the United MileagePlus Select card a couple years ago. From memory, I am eligible for 1 PQM/$ spent up to $5000, and I thought also another 5K PQMs for hitting $35K spend total on the card in a year.

I reached this threshold in September, and didn't see the 5K PQMs post, so today I called Chase and asked for an update. The call center told me that the $35K threshold for 5K PQMs wasn't a benefit of my account.

For those of you who get or have received the 5K PQMs in the past for $35K spend, which specific card did you hold and did you have to fight to get those PQMs?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by 95 Z/28 LT1
As many are this time of year I'm looking at a close call to achieve status for 2014.

Having held the now discontinued United Signature card from the past, I was transferred to the United MileagePlus Select card a couple years ago. From memory, I am eligible for 1 PQM/$ spent up to $5000, and I thought also another 5K PQMs for hitting $35K spend total on the card in a year.

I reached this threshold in September, and didn't see the 5K PQMs post, so today I called Chase and asked for an update. The call center told me that the $35K threshold for 5K PQMs wasn't a benefit of my account.

For those of you who get or have received the 5K PQMs in the past for $35K spend, which specific card did you hold and did you have to fight to get those PQMs?
I called Chase recently with the same question. They were willing to give me the name of the card (which, yes, I unhelpfully forgot), but they mentioned the card is no longer offered (like the Select card).
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have it - it's the old MP Plat Visa.

I have no doubt UA will force a cancellation of this card at some point. A too easy 10K PQM annually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.