Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LH4116
Update November 2014: Recent reports indicate the unofficial status match programme is not running very smoothly. Requests are seldom replied to, and some reports indicate that there now needs to be an activity on the Miles&Smiles account in order to be qualified for a match, assuming they haven't stopped matching altogether.

TK will only match Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus and Oneworld Emerald members. Other, more exotic, gold card holders are out of luck. Please report your experience in this thread.

Please note that the only way to contact TK is now via the website
Print Wikipost

FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by michlflyer
I checked this for myself last month and as far as I can remember it was 07.30 - 22.30.
Thanks. I will try and pass through during the day for the best chances then.

Originally Posted by NH2176
I became A3*G this month and have not received the physical card yet.
Is there anybody who tried status match before a physical card arrived? Did TK accept it or not?
I don't know if A3 have the feature, but some airlines will offer a "print your own" option. You could print a quality colour version and rescan it, before sending it to TK.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: NH*G, TK*G
Originally Posted by Schwann
I don't know if A3 have the feature, but some airlines will offer a "print your own" option. You could print a quality colour version and rescan it, before sending it to TK.
Unfortunately, A3 does not have this feature...
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Status match

I was matched around 28/11/13 to Turkish *A Gold. I still haven't received the card. Is this normal?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: TK Elite+(*G), UA*S, IHG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by Isochronous
I was matched around 28/11/13 to Turkish *A Gold. I still haven't received the card. Is this normal?
In short, yes.

I received my match at the beginning of September and am still waiting. Check out the elite status match FAQ thread for both 2013 and 2014 and you'll see plenty of similar stories. A very few handful have been successful, but very very rare at this point.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 9:48 am

Seems the only reliable way getting the card is to visit Turkey for it personally.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:05 am

Requested my status match this time last week and it has taken a speedy week to be approved.

Matched using my SkyTeam Elite Plus card until 31.01.2016 with *A Gold. Slendid..
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:30 am

Programs: Many
Status match based on AF/KL Platinum :
- requested on 3rd of Feb ;
- granted on 9th of Feb ;
- TK Elite (*Gold) valid until 29th of Feb 2016.

Leap year : 1 day of extra Elite status

Last edited by bodory; Feb 10, 2014 at 6:02 am
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold
FAQ 7: TK status match (2014)

Got upgraded to Elite today matched from SK eurobonus gold. Took about 2 weeks to be approved. Now it remains to be seen if they send a card..
Old Feb 13, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by Lore
Just got an email from Customer Service today approving my status match!

12/24/2013: sent in request with a PDF copy of my statement and card
1/1/2014: received a request for a scanned copy of my physical UA Gold card and mileage statement. Sent those in on 1/2/2014
1/8/2014: Status match received

I'm flying via SFO tonight so I'll take a print-out and see if I can't get into the lounge. Still planning to credit my miles to UA though, at least for now.
Please tell us whether you were granted entry to the SFO UC using a print-out of your status. Thx
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
Please tell us whether you were granted entry to the SFO UC using a print-out of your status. Thx
For what it's worth, I flew from LAX to Europe in January with no card, and I had no problem getting into the UC in LA or Swiss Air lounge in Zurich. I'm also a UA *G, but I purposely didn't use the card to see if they would give me a hard time since I was flying on my TK *G this time around to try and get my renewal miles set.

I would carry a printout of your recent Elite Statement (they email it to you every month or you can generate one from TK's website) because it has the date of expiration on it.

FYI -- Also make sure your BP actually says TK *G and you'll have no issues -- I mention this because a lot of folks don't know when you enter in your FF online (or your travel agent does it), make sure you/they don't add the "TK" portion at the beginning of your number -- or else it won't recognize. I found this out both with US Air and EVA Air, and once you drop the "TK" and enter in just the digits afterwards you should show up immediately as a *Gold.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by pinoymutt
FYI -- Also make sure your BP actually says TK *G and you'll have no issues -- I mention this because a lot of folks don't know when you enter in your FF online (or your travel agent does it), make sure you/they don't add the "TK" portion at the beginning of your number -- or else it won't recognize. I found this out both with US Air and EVA Air, and once you drop the "TK" and enter in just the digits afterwards you should show up immediately as a *Gold.
But - you shouldn't have to credit your miles to TK in order to gain entry to the UC, correct? My BP would have my UA MP # on it.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by SFOTerry
But - you shouldn't have to credit your miles to TK in order to gain entry to the UC, correct? My BP would have my UA MP # on it.
That's a little more tricky. Unless you are Gold or above with UA, your boarding pass will not say *Gold -- so if you are trying to get in a lounge with no *Gold on your BP and no physical card, you may have a hard time. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but it may not be easy.

When I flew I was using my TK number so at least the BP said *Gold and that's actually why they didn't bother with the printout.

EDIT -- my bad, I didn't realize from your profile you were already a UA 1K. If you are flying internationally, shouldn't be an issue, but I assume you want to use it domestically right? Not sure how that is going to fly if you have UA on your BP but try to use your TK printout.

Last edited by pinoymutt; Feb 17, 2014 at 8:08 pm
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
I got status matched to Elite on M&S with my Singapore Airlines KF Gold status. Whole process took 5 days from the time I submitted my statement and card copy. I used the online feedback form
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I have a quick question. I did a Status Match with M&S (TK) in October 2012. I received my card in a about a month later (for those with concerns) I have never posted miles to TK and it will expire end of October 2014. I use the card for UA Lounge Access. I am *Gold with UA. I would need to post 35K for another 2 year extension and prefer to have those miles posted to UA to continue *Gold with them.

So the question is. What would you do? Do you know of another *Gold Carrier that matches to UA *Gold as easily as TK does? Just want the free lounge access for UA? Thanks in advance and Safe Travels
Old Feb 19, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
So the question is. What would you do? Do you know of another *Gold Carrier that matches to UA *Gold as easily as TK does? Just want the free lounge access for UA? Thanks in advance and Safe Travels
Get A3 Gold or start paying for your lounge memberships

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.