Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Lefly
On TK UA miles' table, P is shown as business class with 100% accrual.
But what about UA domestic, when P is used for First cabin? It's still 100% miles (it's the P that count, not the cabin/class) or it's invalid/zero miles, as it's not listed in the eligible fares for First?

Thank you
the bolded, as Duvin said.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
thank you very much
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Plat
"Best" Program to Credit TK miles to

I am generally a OneWorld Flyer, however, i have two roundtrips coming up on Star Alliance carriers - one on Turkish and one on Korean Air .... so trying to determine where is the "best" place to credit the miles for both flights: Turkish, Korean, or elsewhere?

1) Can one credit Turkish flights flown to Korean Air?
2) Can one credit Turkish or Korean Air flight to Singapore
3) Any other ideas of some other Star Alliance program to credit flights to (dont get hung up on what flies from your home city base)

Thanks,
Roy
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
Check this useful WhereToCredit tool.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by roylee9
I am generally a OneWorld Flyer, however, i have two roundtrips coming up on Star Alliance carriers - one on Turkish and one on Korean Air .... so trying to determine where is the "best" place to credit the miles for both flights: Turkish, Korean, or elsewhere?

1) Can one credit Turkish flights flown to Korean Air?
2) Can one credit Turkish or Korean Air flight to Singapore
3) Any other ideas of some other Star Alliance program to credit flights to (dont get hung up on what flies from your home city base)

Thanks,
Roy
Korean Air is not in Star Alliance. It's Skyteam.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:33 pm

I just flew a United flight with N booking code and credited it toward Miles & Smiles.

I just saw that I got credited 50% of my miles and 50% EQMs, whereas with United I would've gotten 100%.

Does this mean I have to fly double in order to reach the same status with M&S as I would with United?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjstallion
I just flew a United flight with N booking code and credited it toward Miles & Smiles.

I just saw that I got credited 50% of my miles and 50% EQMs, whereas with United I would've gotten 100%.

Does this mean I have to fly double in order to reach the same status with M&S as I would with United?
Depends on what classes you normally fly - ALL other *A carriers (and most carriers aside from DL,AA and partially AS) dont credit 100% status miles for all fare classes.

That's something you should've looked up beforehand... UA is in the minority there. But yes, if you only fly discount economy it'll take you twice as long. (Well, less because of the lower requalification limit on TK but you get the idea)
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Depends on what classes you normally fly - ALL other *A carriers (and most carriers aside from DL,AA and partially AS) dont credit 100% status miles for all fare classes.

That's something you should've looked up beforehand... UA is in the minority there. But yes, if you only fly discount economy it'll take you twice as long. (Well, less because of the lower requalification limit on TK but you get the idea)
Is there a chart where I can see what percentage TK credits based on the fare class?
Old Oct 4, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjstallion
Is there a chart where I can see what percentage TK credits based on the fare class?
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...s/when-you-fly
Old Oct 5, 2015, 11:10 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by EWRMAN
Hi,

I can't find a route map on TK's website. Does TK have any direct JFK - UK/Eire/Germany routes?

Thanks
TK only flies to IST put of JFK.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:33 am

Quick Question: How many Miles and Smiles would I need to get from FRA to IST oneway? I could not find any Info in the Award Chart..
Old Oct 15, 2015, 2:08 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Business Class Limited 15000, Economy Class Limited 10000. The easiest way is to do an availability check and the number of miles needed is shown in the top right hand of the display.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 2:21 pm

hey,
just a short question for those of you who know the "rules" of the TK award game:

I'm finding IST-MLE or MLE-IST with AV Lifemiles only for 2 pax in C on nearly every date. My only problem is, I need three tickets. When booking 2 tickets, is there a chance that TK reward control opens up more seats? Or is it "the normal case" that TK only offers 2 seats on this route?

Thanks a lot for any answer.
Bye
Flaw
Old Oct 24, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Maybe a silly question, but I'm trying to use some expiring miles from a family member's account. I'm sadly a few miles short from a return ticket but it's possible to book one-ways. My question now is: What would happen if I opened two separate browsers and booked a ticket from each browser at the same time. Would the system accept it and issue two tickets, or will I get an error message? It's a Classic account, so not sure if it has overdraft or not (only about 50 miles short of the award, and paying 30 bucks seems a bit too much).
Old Oct 24, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Titanium Elite Marriott, Celebrity Elite, IHG, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I might be wrong, but the TK lounge at IST have sleeping rooms and shower suite (although they are not connected, however fairly close to each other). And these rooms are reserved specifically for TK J pax (elite status will get you in the lounge, but not to the rooms!) with longer layovers (4 HRS+??). I assume you are travelling TK J, as you said you booked club. In any case, that might be one option you want to checkout!!

(FT'ers, your input's needed here, if I am incorrect!)
I will be flying TK LAX-IST-CPT in economy Star Alliance Gold. Lay over 7 hours. Will I be able to access the Lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.