Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by KChu
Thanks, how about flights within Europe? does that constitute international? For example if I want to go from IST to CDG?
Still yes.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Which lounge does TK use at VIE and is it near the gate they usually depart from?
The OS Business lounges if traveling in J or the OS SEN lounge if *G. Austrian has 4 (2 J) and (2 SEN) lounges at VIE so you should have one close enough.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The OS Business lounges if traveling in J or the OS SEN lounge if *G. Austrian has 4 (2 J) and (2 SEN) lounges at VIE so you should have one close enough.
Thanks! Do all the J lounges open at 530 AM as the TK flight leaves early in the morning to IST?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Thanks! Do all the J lounges open at 530 AM as the TK flight leaves early in the morning to IST?
One J lounge on the non-schengen side opens 05:30AM.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:37 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Anyone know the trick in signing up for miles and smiles....getting kicked back on the USA telephone numbers on the application.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Originally Posted by SSF556
Anyone know the trick in signing up for miles and smiles....getting kicked back on the USA telephone numbers on the application.
I don't think I encountered any issues with signing up with a Canadian phone number - Did you correctly select your country, etc?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:38 pm

The Miles&Smiles sign up page needs a big update. It took me 30 mins in order to get signed up properly. I have never spent as long creating a frequent flyer account. They asked for two phone numbers, one home and and one mobile. House phones are becoming uncommon so I had to insert 0000000. At the bottom where it asks if your'e a member of other FF programs and it says "Shouthwest". It doesn't give you the option of entering your own city where you live, instead just fixed cities to choose from.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The Miles&Smiles sign up page needs a big update. It took me 30 mins in order to get signed up properly. I have never spent as long creating a frequent flyer account. They asked for two phone numbers, one home and and one mobile. House phones are becoming uncommon so I had to insert 0000000. At the bottom where it asks if your'e a member of other FF programs and it says "Shouthwest". It doesn't give you the option of entering your own city where you live, instead just fixed cities to choose from.
Quite true, when I filled mine in, I wanted to indicate my specific city, but instead I was forced to choose Toronto.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by KChu
Quite true, when I filled mine in, I wanted to indicate my specific city, but instead I was forced to choose Toronto.
My solution was to first select the closest major city and then write the specific in the empty address fields with capital letters.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold, Marriott platinum, IHG gold
IST-Manila 777 business best seats

Hi.
I will be flying Istanbul-Manila on July 2nd, back on 11th, business class (J). Which are the best business class seats on 777 and how can I reserve the seats? I tried online but I can not find any way to make seat reservation…
Thx
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:56 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Mbcan
Hi.
I will be flying Istanbul-Manila on July 2nd, back on 11th, business class (J). Which are the best business class seats on 777 and how can I reserve the seats? I tried online but I can not find any way to make seat reservation…
Thx
You need to call them or wait until OLCI starts. The wiki in this thread explains all. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...er-thread.html
Old Apr 12, 2016, 9:46 pm

Let's say I miss my connecting flight because of a delay and there are no more flights to my destination on that day.

Does TK put me up in a hotel and book me on a flight the next day?

It seems like they changed their schedule, and removed the late flight as well as switched my flight from a A330 to a A321.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 12:45 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by February
Let's say I miss my connecting flight because of a delay and there are no more flights to my destination on that day. Does TK put me up in a hotel and book me on a flight the next day?
Yes they do.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
So, I flew on a Jet Airways flight (9W), domestically within India in their Premiere class (business class, booking code 'P'), that earns 150% RDMs with TK. Put my TK no. during booking and then check-in, however, miles haven't been still credited.

Submitted an online missing-miles form with TK, and got a prompt reply within about 2 days that they'll look into it. And this was about 8 days ago.

Any suggestions? Keep on waiting or submit another reminder, online? Any personal experiences with crediting 9W flights on TK? Thanks!

My 9W experiences are here (post #8)! It is a solid business class product for travel within India, and I enjoyed it!
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:46 am

Can't find A3 award available for IST-CPT in J will travel there in Sept, should I wait ??

Last edited by IBstudent; Apr 14, 2016 at 8:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.