Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johhenrik
I think I have waited up to 2 weeks.
Noticed that the miles landed in my account roughly 4 days later. Apparently they have stopped sending e-mail notifications when flights credit. I kind of liked that feature as it allowed you not to have to constantly monitor your account.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ukthesis
I didn't hear it, I just assumed it. The only thing I can think of why I would want Miles & Smiles for are future flights. I don't want it for hotel usage, a credit card, care rental, etc. Just to save money on future economy class flights. Am I eligible and how?
Hmm.. I guess you are new to Frequent Flyer programs. Have a look at this link and you'll see how they work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequent-flyer_program

Last edited by johhenrik; Mar 6, 2014 at 9:20 am Reason: Bad paste
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Noticed that the miles landed in my account roughly 4 days later. Apparently they have stopped sending e-mail notifications when flights credit. I kind of liked that feature as it allowed you not to have to constantly monitor your account.
I've never received an email... I guess I was enhanced right from the start!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:14 am

The wikipedia entry states:

"There were no results matching the query."

What else is there?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:21 am

The wikipedia entry states:

"There were no results matching the query."

What else is there?
Sorry, my bad. I pasted the link twice apparently. I have edited my post and it works now.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 10:04 am

I found the article, but it deals with generalities and is not specific to Turkish airlines. So, for example, it says that if I accumulate enough points, I get a discount on fares. But I'm still trying to find out how many of these Miles & Smiles air miles I need to accumulate and what I get from them, specific to Turkish airlines.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Question re: Stopover at IST with TK

Im booking a flight for a friend to Venice from Belgrade, but she needs to get back to Venice by 7:00AM on April 29th, so the only option she has is to fly out earlier. She has agreed to take the sights & sounds of Istanbul on a day stopover. Is this possible to do ? Does TK allow a stopover on a one way ticket?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:24 pm

I found the article, but it deals with generalities and is not specific to Turkish airlines. So, for example, it says that if I accumulate enough points, I get a discount on fares. But I'm still trying to find out how many of these Miles & Smiles air miles I need to accumulate and what I get from them, specific to Turkish airlines.
If you have enpugh miles, for example 70.000 miles, you can get a business class ticket round-trip to New York, if there are award seats available. Miles never give you a discount, you buy a ticket with them or an upgrade from e.g. economy to business. What you pay are the taxes and fuel surcharges (on tickets, not upgrades), but the fare is "free". For 20.000 miles I guess you can get a round-trip in economy within Europe.

Just look at the Miles & Smiles web page, www.thy.com and click through there. Read the FAQ, read the Spend Miles part, look for award charts etc. EVERYTHING about Miles & Smiles is there. Sometimes a bit buried, but it's there.

Some programs allows you to pay a ticket with miles and cash, e.g. SAS Eurobonus, but the value is usually pretty crappy, but M&S does not have this.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
I have two reward tickets booked in business class flying YYZ-IST in June coming up. The website indicates we can book seats 100 days in advance but I have seen many thread posts referencing 90 days - does anybody know which is correct? Will we be able to choose seats online by checking the reservation or do I have to call in?

Thank you,
Mark
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:37 pm

looks like I need about 2500 more miles to book a reward flight that I want. I can simply buy the bonus miles needed? (not sure what status miles vs bonus miles do for me)

I'm and 46,300 and need 48750 for my LAX > IST flight on comfort class. any advice is appreciated.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 1:14 am

Yes, you can buy them . Don't buy status miles though, since they can't be used for anything but status. No tickets.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL, TK Gold
hello. i was wondering if i can earn miles for flights with lufthansa regional (air dolomite, e.g.).

thanks
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Skatn85
hello. i was wondering if i can earn miles for flights with lufthansa regional (air dolomite, e.g.).

thanks
If it has a Lufthansa flight number then yes. If it has a EN flight number then no. LH codeshare LH9XXXX doesn't earn any miles either.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:10 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL, TK Gold
Originally Posted by LH4116
If it has a Lufthansa flight number then yes. If it has a EN flight number then no. LH codeshare LH9XXXX doesn't earn any miles either.
thats what i thought.. I will have to credit them on Miles and More or find a different route and fly LH
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:07 am

I have a rather complex seating question regarding the window alignment of the Business Class seats on the 777-300ER. I've currently selected 2K as my seat in TK11 but by looking at the pictures it seems that the window isn't perfectly aligned with the seat e.g when you turn your head when sitting upright you will be looking at the thing that separates the windows, and not out of the actual window. 3K seems to have a perfectly aligned window with the seat, hence no need to lean forward to have a look out.

Can anyone confirm if this is true, or should I stick with 2K?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.