The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:04 pm

thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bobby7321
Hello.

So I have a question. I have 45k miles from TK, and my father another 45k. Most of which expire for us in 2015. So I'm heading to Istanbul again in December 2014. I'd like to see if I can transfer his 45k to my account, then use the 90k to get the best ticket I can LAX > IST. Any advice?
thanks!
-Bobby
It's not possible to transfer miles from one account to the other, unless the member is a deceased. However you can simply book two one-way tickets using the miles from the two separate accounts.

A round trip LAX-IST is 70K miles in Business Class. But sadly the availability is nonexistent.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
flown 8 segments with Lufthansa in the last 6 months and had nothing credited

can anyone else shed any light on this?
Old Feb 6, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
checkin at jfk

Hi, I have a trip on TK4 in April. It was booked with United miles. I read somewhere that TK requires you to show at checkin the credit card used to book the tickets. Can someone explain how this works for checking in at jfk on an award ticket? I do not use the credit card anymore that was used for the taxes and fees for these award tickets.

Also, do I checkin with United or Turkish?

Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by drewdawg199
Hi, I have a trip on TK4 in April. It was booked with United miles. I read somewhere that TK requires you to show at checkin the credit card used to book the tickets. Can someone explain how this works for checking in at jfk on an award ticket? I do not use the credit card anymore that was used for the taxes and fees for these award tickets.

Thanks
You check-in at the Turkish counter.

Regarding showing your CC, that has never been asked of me. I always just show them my passport and that's it.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by mfgr
flown 8 segments with Lufthansa in the last 6 months and had nothing credited

can anyone else shed any light on this?
Some booking fares are not eligible,e.g.P Have you checked ?

Thanks
I was asked twice,which is not often ! None the less.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 2:53 pm

so let's go with the assumption that I will be asked for the CC card that was used to "purchase" the tickets (I only paid taxes and fees on a United reward ticket), what do I do if the card I used is no longer active??

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2014, 2:14 am

so let's go with the assumption that I will be asked for the CC card that was used to "purchase" the tickets (I only paid taxes and fees on a United reward ticket), what do I do if the card I used is no longer active??

Thanks
No problem at all.They'll see that the cc was used for payment and that it's yours.That's it.

I don't think that they will ask you for the card,but better safe than sorry.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 5:29 am

I am close to getting classic plus and it's february. if I break the 25k miles will they award me classic plus instantly for twelve months, instantly but only until the end of the calendar year or at the end of this calendar year for the following calendar year?

thank you :-)
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
You get it instantly, but for 24 months I believe. At least Elite and Elite+ is for 24 months anyways. I've only been Classic for a month or so, so I don't know
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Hopping over from the EK forums for my newbie question.

Group is travelling TK to Colombo in August and I'm struggling to work out what our baggage allowance is. The E-Ticket on the website says 30K.

However underneath it says "Upper limit of 1 pcs for business baggage is 32 Kg and upper limit of 1 pcs for comfort and economy baggage is 23 Kg"

And on the FAQ of the site it under [link=http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-information/baggage/free-baggage-allowance]Free Baggage Allowance[/link] it says 20Kg.

Can somebody shed some light please? Thanks
Old Feb 15, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by marconess
Hopping over from the EK forums for my newbie question.

Group is travelling TK to Colombo in August and I'm struggling to work out what our baggage allowance is. The E-Ticket on the website says 30K.

However underneath it says "Upper limit of 1 pcs for business baggage is 32 Kg and upper limit of 1 pcs for comfort and economy baggage is 23 Kg"

And on the FAQ of the site it under [link=http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-int/travel-information/baggage/free-baggage-allowance]Free Baggage Allowance[/link] it says 20Kg.

Can somebody shed some light please? Thanks
In my experience, the baggage rules on TK's website rarely match the allowance shown on my tickets. The ticket is the 'contract' and therefore I've always used this allowance as a guide. They've always honoured the higher 'ticket' allowance - in fact it's never been an issue on check in.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 12:48 pm

For anyone who has taken the JFK-IST and IST-JFK routes, is there one side of the plane that is better with regard to seating if I want to be able to take some nice pictures flying into and out of Istanbul?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 5:40 am

Also if anyone can comment on the TK4 experience in Biz, that would be great.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: free agent
With United's PQD game, I am taking my money to somewhere, so here I am right now. I love *A network.

I can see that TK will give out 37,500 Status Miles in two years to *A gold members. 37.5k miles require me to fly on TK metal, or it can be any *A airline? my gut say TK metal but want to ask

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.