Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing wheretocredit.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Introducing WhereToCredit.com

Some friends and I have always had a problem figuring out where the best place to credit certain flights have been. After United's devaluation, that is especially true now for many of us. I made a platform for us to enter mileage accrual for different airlines, and figured I'd share it with the community so everybody can help and everybody can benefit.

http://www.wheretocredit.com

To quickly check any airline's fare code:
Code:
http://www.wheretocredit.com/[2-letter-airline-code]

-OR-

http://www.wheretocredit.com/[2-letter-airline-code]/[1-letter-fare-code]
GUWonder likes this.

Last edited by IAkH; Feb 13, 2017 at 10:18 pm
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Awesome site! Unfortunately, I don't see a way to enter revenue based earnings for airlines like DL and UA yet - I was going to add the DL chart for you, but didn't see a way to do it. Is that in the plans?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Also, a way to add 500 mile minimums would be helpful.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 5:50 am

I'm also having trouble adding a new chart. I filled out the full DL-on-AS chart and tried to save it, but got an error when submitting. I even tried removing all the comments, dates and the URL, leaving just the numbers for earning and the airline names - no dice. Might want to check the logs?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenA
I'm also having trouble adding a new chart. I filled out the full DL-on-AS chart and tried to save it, but got an error when submitting. I even tried removing all the comments, dates and the URL, leaving just the numbers for earning and the airline names - no dice. Might want to check the logs?
Hi there! Sorry about the bug, and thanks for trying to contribute.

I think I found and fixed it. If you still have the page open, you should be able to just re-save without having to retype everything.

Thanks again, and feel free to report bugs in this thread or by PM.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Awesome site! Unfortunately, I don't see a way to enter revenue based earnings for airlines like DL and UA yet - I was going to add the DL chart for you, but didn't see a way to do it. Is that in the plans?
There's no way to add revenue based earnings right now. I'm open to the idea of adding it if there is enough demand, but I don't see an easy way to represent the information since so much of that depends on your status, and it would be like comparing apples to oranges.
Also, a way to add 500 mile minimums would be helpful.
Another great suggestion! I considered adding it separately, but I also figured people could add it as a note. Let me mull this one over and see how it could be displayed
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:12 am
Original Poster

wheretocredit.com should now have more or less the complete Star Alliance mileage earning charts (minus NZ). However, a quick look through seems like a some of the data points aren't 100% accurate. Anyways, it should give you a pretty good starting point and also a link to each chart to verify any info. If you find any mistakes, feel free to fix it for the rest of us Thanks and enjoy!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:54 pm

Did I miss it? no Delta in the dropdown?

I'm testing where to credit my cheap Delta V class now, since AS cuts its earning to 50% now (probably still better than Delta Skypesos)
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:46 pm

Really great idea once all the data is included.
For example VA don't have anything listed for crediting to DL
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Did I miss it? no Delta in the dropdown?

I'm testing where to credit my cheap Delta V class now, since AS cuts its earning to 50% now (probably still better than Delta Skypesos)
Originally Posted by fuyao
Really great idea once all the data is included.
For example VA don't have anything listed for crediting to DL
I'm working through all *A right now. It's taking quite some time as there are nearly 600 combinations.

The data is currently available for anybody to edit, so if there's something you want to see/compare, feel free to add it for your and others' benefits!

Thanks!

ETA: After *A, I'll start OW and ST. Not sure which first since I don't fly either, but I'm happy to take requests here.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K
Cool site, thanks for posting!
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Happy to report that crediting to SkyTeam is finished! I'm pretty happy with the results this time.

Up next, OW and maybe some unaffiliated airlines. Then I'll go back and fix up *A last.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:50 am
iep

some improvements

Nice site, the idea is pretty good, while checking I'm thinking of 2 improvements

1) allow sorting function that shows highest earning % first
2) allow user accounts where people add their frequent flyer card + status, so the list can be limited to relevant credit %
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iep
Nice site, the idea is pretty good, while checking I'm thinking of 2 improvements

1) allow sorting function that shows highest earning % first
2) allow user accounts where people add their frequent flyer card + status, so the list can be limited to relevant credit %
Thanks for the great ideas! I can add the sorting pretty quickly, but accounts/custom views will probably not happen until I finish inputting all the data in. I'll keep everybody updated here
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by IAkH
Thanks for the great ideas! I can add the sorting pretty quickly, but accounts/custom views will probably not happen until I finish inputting all the data in. I'll keep everybody updated here
Thx! Let us know in case we can help. Just played around with some TK flights and realized that there is no m&m or aeroplan...
i.e.: http://www.wheretocredit.com/turkish-airlines/p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.