The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 8:46 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by broganl
Sounds strange but what is the overall experience of folks flying to US with TK from IST?

The yelp reviews from LAX and SFO are quite worrying - lost (as in never returned) luggage, stolen items, huge delays and overall rudeness.
Definitely not what I would expect from Europe's best airline.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/turkish-airlines-san-francisco
http://www.yelp.com/biz/turkish-airlines-los-angeles
I'm pretty sure any self-respecting frequent flyer would not even dream to post on yelp.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Star Alliance Gold, Titanium Elite Marriott, Celebrity Elite, IHG, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by broganl
Sounds strange but what is the overall experience of folks flying to US with TK from IST?

The yelp reviews from LAX and SFO are quite worrying - lost (as in never returned) luggage, stolen items, huge delays and overall rudeness.
Definitely not what I would expect from Europe's best airline.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/turkish-airlines-san-francisco
http://www.yelp.com/biz/turkish-airlines-los-angeles
Flew TK LAX to IST last week booked in economy upgrade to economy premium at the gate $350.00. Economy seating 3x3x3 Economy plus seating 2x3x2. The service was very good boarding on the plane. The meals served were good. The seats were soft. There were over 40 movies available. The luggage arrived without any problems. At IST the luggage cart are not free. The cost is 1TL. If you do not have any coins you might have to use a skycap. The skycaps are a little pricey compared to the 1TL for a cart. After two days in IST departed for CPT in economy upgrade available in business for about $3,000 US. The plane only has two classes on the route to Cape Town
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
Hello, I hope that someone can clarify the following. I am not living in Turkey. I signed up for a Miles and Smiles account in August 2015 and earned 10000 status miles in September 2015 before I got upgraded to Elite through a status match in October 2015. The Elite status will end in October 2017. Suppose I earn another 15000 status miles by, say, February 2016. Does it mean that my Elite status will be extended for another two years till October 2019? Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 1:29 am

Programs: TK*S
@breakthrough37 cheers.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Award travel and seat assignmsnt

Hi All,

I'm traveling on a business award ticket through United, leaving DUB-IST-SFO (April '16).

In checking the website I don't see any sort of contact info for trying to get a seat assignment (I'm trying to avoid that middle biz seat to SFO).

Any pointers or advice on getting seat assignments ahead of time (or if at all possible) would be appreciated,

V/r,
Tim

Last edited by popoemt; Dec 2, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by popoemt
Hi All,

I'm traveling on a business award ticket through United, leaving DUB-IST-SFO (April '16).

In checking the website I don't see any sort of contact info for trying to get a seat assignment (I'm trying to avoid that middle biz seat to SFO).

Any pointers or advice on getting seat assignments ahead of time (or if at all possible) would be appreciated,

V/r,
Tim
Call the customer service line at 100 days out.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by joeags
Call the customer service line at 100 days out.
TY!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 10:26 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Hi All,

V/r,
Tim
You need to call TK http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-ie...e/sales-office or wait until check in opens.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:36 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
I called TK to change my FF number but they said the computer wouldn't allow it. Does anyone know how to change FF numbers on TK bookings. It's an all-TK booking, no codeshares if that helps. Some say to change it at check in.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 1:41 am

Hi All,

V/r,
Tim
Go to checkmytrip.com and enter your UA record locator. That site should give you another record locator to use on thy.com
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Go to checkmytrip.com and enter your UA record locator. That site should give you another record locator to use on thy.com
but there is no way to assign a seat on thy.com except for when booking
Old Dec 4, 2015, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by duvin
but there is no way to assign a seat on thy.com except for when booking
Oh I see.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:02 am

Can anyone give me advice...We booked Turkish air to Tel Aviv and our middle names were left out on the reservation. Now they say they won't let us fly on Dec. 20 unless we buy new tickets with our correct names. We are not sure what to do. They won't give us a refund and want us to pay for another flight. Any help would be appreciated. They have not been helpful.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 1:58 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Claudia Root
Can anyone give me advice...We booked Turkish air to Tel Aviv and our middle names were left out on the reservation. Now they say they won't let us fly on Dec. 20 unless we buy new tickets with our correct names. We are not sure what to do. They won't give us a refund and want us to pay for another flight. Any help would be appreciated. They have not been helpful.
AFAIK the middle names are irrelevant as long as your first name and surname are correct.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Claudia Root
Even though I have three middle names (don't ask me why..ask my parents) I have NEVER included any of my middle names in my reservations, and until now (40 years) have never been denied boarding. And BTW, all my middle names are included in my passport. Thus, I believe you will not have any problem, unless your FIRST and LAST name are incorrect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.