Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:44 pm

Thanks, we're only annual travellers, we don't have / collect points based on our 2 trips per year
ISTFlyer likes this.

Last edited by Rattle My Cage; Apr 14, 2021 at 10:53 pm
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
For K fare bucket, the cancellation fee is €300 per ticket while for the Z fare bucket, the ticket is fully refundable.
When I last checked the fares, there was a difference of £250 between class K & Z

If I was to book class Z, maybe that would work out cheaper in the event of cancellation
Old Apr 15, 2021, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
I found 2 biz 45k awards BOS-IST-FCO for Weds September 1st, but had to wait 2 days for the Citi TYP transfer, by the time I got back to it they were gone. I'll take the Thursday flight but it does kind of impact my itinerary. Does TK open up last minute promo award space? I set an alert on Expertflyer but wondering if it's hopeless at this point.

Seems odd there are either 4 seats available or 0 during that week.
It depends on the loads, I am not sure if last-minute availability would open on BOS-IST, however, on IST-FCO if the ban for non-EU citizens resume, I am pretty sure that availability would open up at a later stage for that leg.
joachimm likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:59 am

Real confused newbie here! I’m thinking about purchasing R/T 2 Promo Biz tickets for September/October 2021 from JFK-IST-ATH but am baffled by the fare rules. As Greece isn’t yet officially opened to the US, but it looks likely that they will be doing it soon, I was hoping to lock in the tickets before there are any more ticket price increases.

I’ve copied the page from the website and would like to understand the following:
1) When TA refers to a “flexible change policy” are they referring to the Flexible business ticket only or does it refer to all tickets? So if we had to voluntarily reschedule, would this be possible, and if so, is there a charge? See the following question
2) How do I find out if there is a change fee and what it is? This seems to suggest that there is a fee.
3) Under Ticketing (optional) process, what does “no reservation rights offered” mean as well as the following points about paid options? I can schedule my seats after purchase, no?

And signing up with Miles&Smiles was more than a little baffling. I live in NYC and there is nothing available in the menu for Manhattan, New York, or NYC! I’ve signed up but not using my actual hometown!

Last edited by progol; Apr 15, 2021 at 11:00 am Reason: Adding additional info
Old Apr 15, 2021, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by progol
Real confused newbie here! I’m thinking about purchasing R/T 2 Promo Biz tickets for September/October 2021 from JFK-IST-ATH but am baffled by the fare rules. As Greece isn’t yet officially opened to the US, but it looks likely that they will be doing it soon, I was hoping to lock in the tickets before there are any more ticket price increases.

I’ve copied the page from the website and would like to understand the following:
1) When TA refers to a “flexible change policy” are they referring to the Flexible business ticket only or does it refer to all tickets? So if we had to voluntarily reschedule, would this be possible, and if so, is there a charge? See the following question
2) How do I find out if there is a change fee and what it is? This seems to suggest that there is a fee.
3) Under Ticketing (optional) process, what does “no reservation rights offered” mean as well as the following points about paid options? I can schedule my seats after purchase, no?

And signing up with Miles&Smiles was more than a little baffling. I live in NYC and there is nothing available in the menu for Manhattan, New York, or NYC! I’ve signed up but not using my actual hometown!
The screenshot that you have provided is the regular ticketing policies which was also offered pre-COVID. The "flexible change" policy is something in addition to the regular policy.

So,
1- With the flexible change policy, the change fee for all tickets are waived however, you would need to pay a fare difference if applicable during voluntary changes, however, as I mentioned before no change fee ( service fee ) would be collected despite the ticket itself being flexible or not. Also, you would have the right to convert your ticket to an open ticket where you could use it and fly until 31 March 2022. The "Business Flexible" term means that the ticket is fully refundable.

2- No change fees would be collected for all TK tickets purchased until 31 December 2021 for travel until 31 March 2022; only the price difference between your old ticket and your new ticket would be collected.

3- That means that no additional services such as travel insurance, etc... could be offered for your ticket and yes, you would be able to select seats without a charge ( as you're traveling in Business Class ) after purchasing your ticket if seat selection does not pop-up in the additional services menu.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 1:39 pm

The screenshot that you have provided is the regular ticketing policies which was also offered pre-COVID. The "flexible change" policy is something in addition to the regular policy.

So,
1- With the flexible change policy, the change fee for all tickets are waived however, you would need to pay a fare difference if applicable during voluntary changes, however, as I mentioned before no change fee ( service fee ) would be collected despite the ticket itself being flexible or not. Also, you would have the right to convert your ticket to an open ticket where you could use it and fly until 31 March 2022. The "Business Flexible" term means that the ticket is fully refundable.

2- No change fees would be collected for all TK tickets purchased until 31 December 2021 for travel until 31 March 2022; only the price difference between your old ticket and your new ticket would be collected.

3- That means that no additional services such as travel insurance, etc... could be offered for your ticket and yes, you would be able to select seats without a charge ( as you're traveling in Business Class ) after purchasing your ticket if seat selection does not pop-up in the additional services menu.
Thank you so much! One more question - if we were to change the ticket, would we have to actually travel by March 2022 or just rebook by that date and travel at a later time?
Old Apr 15, 2021, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you so much! One more question - if we were to change the ticket, would we have to actually travel by March 2022 or just rebook by that date and travel at a later time?
Travel by 31 March 2022 if you would like to benefit from the no change fee policy.

You should be able to postpone your trip to an onwards date but then ( unless the policy changes one more time ), then, you would. be responsible for any change fee on your ticket.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 3:15 pm

Thanks so much, ISTFlyer!
Old Apr 15, 2021, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks so much, ISTFlyer!
You're welcome
Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:34 pm

Stopover award

Hi all,

Is it actually possible to book one-way award flight with stopover in IST? For example, ORD-IST, then IST-TGD after a few days for 45k assuming there is award space? Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2021, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jason1991
Hi all,

Is it actually possible to book one-way award flight with stopover in IST? For example, ORD-IST, then IST-TGD after a few days for 45k assuming there is award space? Thanks!
Unfortunately it's not possible;

From the TK website:
You can make one stopover either on the outbound or inbound flight when using award tickets for travel with Turkish Airlines. On a second stopover the miles earned on that flight is reduced. When using award tickets for travel with other Star Alliance member airlines, stopovers can only be made if the award ticket value is at least 60,000 Miles in Economy Class and 90,000 Miles in Business Class.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-t...eys/index.html
Old Apr 17, 2021, 4:19 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Can anyone confirm if alcohol is currently being served in the TK Bangkok lounge? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:49 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoY
Can anyone confirm if alcohol is currently being served in the TK Bangkok lounge? Thanks!
....anyone? Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoY
Originally Posted by NoY
....anyone? Thanks.
As Thailand is closed for most foreigners and there aren't that many passengers who are flying internationally from/to Thailand because of the 14 day quarantine; it might take time that you get an answer.
ankomonkey and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 7:09 am

Hi IST,

For K fare bucket, the cancellation fee is €300 per ticket while for the Z fare bucket, the ticket is fully refundable. Both fare buckets have no change fees according to the current COVID related policy
It's impossible to know what status the airline industry will be in come January 2022, it's a risk for anyone making an airline reservation, that said, I think I'll take a chance and book K class,

The only query I have, should we not be allowed to enter / depart a country due to Covid restrictions, but the flight operates as scheduled, do you know if we would qualify for a refund?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.