Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by jasonvr
And now it's worse. If you select Long Beach it just says "Appointments are Fully Booked". No calendar at all. LAX brings up a calendar, but when you move thru the dates there isn't a single blue date....ever. I went all the way into 2019. That means I can't even book a placeholder to satisfy the 30 day requirement. I'm going to have to book a placeholder at some random location to make sure I satisfy the 30 requirement.
LAX just opened up 1 appointment on Apr. Hurry up and snatch it before it's gone!
Old Oct 13, 2016, 2:04 pm

LAX now shows available appointments for most of Jan 2017.

I'm still looking for something sooner at either LAX or LGB. Been constantly refreshing for the past few days.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dkgamez

I'm still looking for something sooner at either LAX or LGB. Been constantly refreshing for the past few days.
Grabbed one for my wife to satisfy her 30 day requirement, but really want something earlier. I'm assuming if she doesn't interview before her expiration her pre check will lapse. Not something I really want for the holiday travel season
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by dkgamez

And weekends too! They did not have weekends appointments before. Moved ours from Feb/April to Jan and together... on the weekend.. awesome.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

Timing for scheduling interview at MIA

Hope this is the right place to post this question.

Husband and I just got conditional approval today. No slots in NYC area for many months, and not convenient for us anyway.

Have 2 week cruise out of Miami, returning on 12/11 (Sunday). Flight home is at 5:51 pm UA to EWR. No interview availability pre-cruise, but as of now very open on return date.

Currently scheduled both of us at 12 noon just in case any issues with ship arriving late. My question is how to best do this in MIA as we have no familiarity with this airport.

Will have 2 carryons and 1 larger bag (it's a 2 wk cruise - no free laundry) plus personal item each. Can check 1 bag each for free on flight home. Will have Priority Pass for lounge access. Don't have TSA Pre.

Should we drop off checked bags first, then go for interview, then clear security? Or should we go to interview first, schlepping luggage? Should we change time of interview?

Suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
does anyone have any experience with the BOS enrollment center? Mu buddy got the conditional approval a couple days ago. Appt is set for Nov 15th but since he will be traveling abroad on the 17th, he's hoping to do the appt earlier. Best advice I have him was to check often to see if slots opened before his. People always cancel.

Is BOS ok with walk-ins?

One last thing. if he interviews and gets approved. for pre-check purposes, Will he be able to get the Known Traveler Number from the Officer right after approval or does he have to wait for the card? Are GE-privileges active immediately after approval?
The number will be in the pre-approval letter, it doesn't change.

I just did my interview at Boston and they were running about 5 people ahead of schedule. Scheduled for 7:30pm, arrive at 6:40pm. A CBP guy stuck his head out and just waved me over. In-and-out within 10 minutes.

As far as walk-in, the officer said "it depends". They have the discretion to pull up your application and do the interview if they want to, but it's not a locked-in procedure.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage, SPG, MileagePlus
FYI.. for those in the NYC area, as of this post (Oct. 20, 2016) the JFK Global Entry office strangely just opened up a pretty much all of November for appointments, whereas previously the next available date was Jan. 2017. Hope that helps for those who are scheduled months in the future, or happen to have flights @ JFK next month.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Grabbed one for my wife to satisfy her 30 day requirement, but really want something earlier. I'm assuming if she doesn't interview before her expiration her pre check will lapse. Not something I really want for the holiday travel season
I was able to amazingly grab something the week of Thanksgiving and she is off, so that works out. However, it's 7 days before her birthday That means she would basically get the absolute minimum amount of time out of her membership (5 years). If we can get something a week later, she'll get almost 6 years.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I was able to amazingly grab something the week of Thanksgiving and she is off, so that works out. However, it's 7 days before her birthday That means she would basically get the absolute minimum amount of time out of her membership (5 years). If we can get something a week later, she'll get almost 6 years.
Keep trying. You will be pleasantly surprised.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 11:20 pm

Long Beach availability wide open online

Tonight, LGB opened up all of Oct and Nov schedule. I hope it's real that wide open and not a computer glitch that would keep me from being interviewed on my new day.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by uiucsb
Tonight, LGB opened up all of Oct and Nov schedule. I hope it's real that wide open and not a computer glitch that would keep me from being interviewed on my new day.
Hot d@mn! Thanks for the heads up. December is open as well. Rescheduled my wife for after her birthday
Old Oct 27, 2016, 10:21 am

Hot d@mn! Thanks for the heads up. December is open as well. Rescheduled my wife for after her birthday
Lax cancelled all weekend appointments but managed to grab long Beach in December. Hopefully this one won't be cancelled.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Lax cancelled all weekend appointments but managed to grab long Beach in December. Hopefully this one won't be cancelled.
You mean they actually cancelled existing appointments? Glad I switched off of a weekend there
Old Oct 29, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: AX-Plat, Fairmont Premier, AC, SPG-Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
As BOS was backed up 7 months and my wife's membership expired in five months, we drove to New Brunswick as they had hours free at a time on multiple days. Two great fellows without much to do there..we were in and out quickly slowed down by only pleasant conversation. We were told they were aware of BOS scheduling issues and an effort was underway to get Canadian fellows down to BOS to help out clear the backlog. Easy trip up, spent the night in Portland, and back to BOS the next day. Coming back through the border into the US, the border guard said he had had people from even Connecticut and Pennsylvania make the drive up.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 2:38 pm

Isnt South Burlington a better idea ?

Originally Posted by andrew02467
As BOS was backed up 7 months and my wife's membership expired in five months, we drove to New Brunswick as they had hours free at a time on multiple days. Two great fellows without much to do there..we were in and out quickly slowed down by only pleasant conversation. We were told they were aware of BOS scheduling issues and an effort was underway to get Canadian fellows down to BOS to help out clear the backlog. Easy trip up, spent the night in Portland, and back to BOS the next day. Coming back through the border into the US, the border guard said he had had people from even Connecticut and Pennsylvania make the drive up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.