Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:32 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Action

A recent post about experience with Global Entry on Arrival at SFO was moved to the following thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold , Marriott Platinum. Both earned BIS/Nights
Just received my conditional approval. I'm scheduled for this Thursday at Tucson. Looks wide open; I could have had an appt the next day.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
SLC dates 30 Oct and in Nov

As of last night, 10/27 SLC CBP office is wide open for appointments on 10/30 Monday. There are a couple of additional days in Nov.

I know because my GF initially got an appointment in April 2018 (!!!) but snagged a resched on Monday.

Jim
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:17 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
The temporary NY Penn Station location appears to be back for dates in January. My girlfriend was able to grab a date in the middle of the month and it was wide open for dates and times.

Makes me a little nervous as there is no announcement from CBP or United (assuming this is working the same as the summer), but the website allowed her to sign up online. There were only appointments for January available.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:42 am

does anyone know what the wait times are for SFO?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:59 pm

For those of you trying to get interviews at LAX, try checking for appointments on Friday morning. Not sure if it was a one-off but it appears LAX opens up weekend appointments sporadically (LAX Global Entry office hours are publicly listed as Mon-Fri). I wanted to share my experience this past weekend.

My original appointment was 1/31. I randomly checked on Friday 1/26 around 10am PST and saw that a couple of appointments became available on Saturday 1/27. Since my previous Saturday appointment was cancelled due to gov't shutdown, I was a bit weary to give up my upcoming appointment on the off-chance that it was a glitch in the system. While mulling it over, I also noticed that Sunday appointments at LAX opened up completely for 1/28. I thought it was a bit strange but bit the bullet and grabbed a spot for 11am Saturday. I wanted to make sure that my appointment was completely legit and not the result of a system glitch so I emailed the LAX GE Enrollment Center and surprisingly got a response confirming my appointment was valid. I went in Saturday, interviewed, and received my approval email by the time I exited the parking garage. I was in and out of LAX in less than 20min, relieved I no longer had to drive to LAX midweek during rush hour for my original time slot.

Curious if anyone else got lucky and scored a last minute weekend appointment at LAX, or if someone can report back after checking this Friday.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:46 pm

Drive to CLT for GE interview or fly to JFK etc. Travel in December.

My partner wants both of us to get Global Entry before trip to South America in December. (RDU-IAH-SCL, EZE-IAH-RDU) I can't decide if it make sense to go to Charlotte, as we are in RDU or whether it would be easier to fly into a place like JFK? Is it likely or possible we could get interviews on the same day and/or time?

Not sure which wiki I should look at first. I have done some reading and have a general idea how GE works.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by zitsky
My partner wants both of us to get Global Entry before trip to South America in December. (RDU-IAH-SCL, EZE-IAH-RDU) I can't decide if it make sense to go to Charlotte, as we are in RDU or whether it would be easier to fly into a place like JFK? Is it likely or possible we could get interviews on the same day and/or time?

Not sure which wiki I should look at first. I have done some reading and have a general idea how GE works.
As long as you schedule an appointment, it (in theory) makes no difference whatsoever where you do the interview. Since you're flying in December and have plenty of time, try to schedule the interview at least two months ahead of time. That way, you will have time in the possible, but unlikely event that CBP makes a mistake in processing your membership. Otherwise, do whatever is convenient. And remember that wherever you choose initially, you can easily change interview sites later, as long as there are open appointments.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by zitsky

It is best for you to make two appointments with Global Entry Charlotte office, preferably one after the other on the same day. Dec is 9 months from now, you should have no problem getting two appointments between now and then.

Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:57 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation Moderator's Action

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
It is best for you to make two appointments with Global Entry Charlotte office, preferably one after the other on the same day. Dec is 9 months from now, you should have no problem getting two appointments between now and then.

I agree and, for indexing and future search purposes, will go ahead and merge this question and the responses to it into the availability thread.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito

Not only is this a good idea in its own right, but I think that 1KChinito is also alluding to the fact that there's a decent, though not guaranteed, chance that both of you will be seen together if you show up at the first of the two appointments.

There's one important thing to remember, though, since it sounds like you might choose to wait a while to schedule your interviews. Be sure to use the online system to schedule interview appointments, whether or not you plan to go to them, within 30 (or is it 60?) days of when you receive your pre-approval notice. I might be wrong about the length of time, but if you do not make appointments within a certain period of time after you receive your pre-approval notices, then your applications will be canceled, and both of you will have to start the entire application process all over again. The 30 (60?) days does not apply to the interview date itself, but to using the online system to schedule a date for the interview. It can be anywhere at anytime; just reschedule it when you have a better idea of where and when you want to do your interviews.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by Nexpoman
Not only is this a good idea in its own right, but I think that 1KChinito is also alluding to the fact that there's a decent, though not guaranteed, chance that both of you will be seen together if you show up at the first of the two appointments.

There's one important thing to remember, though, since it sounds like you might choose to wait a while to schedule your interviews. Be sure to use the online system to schedule interview appointments, whether or not you plan to go to them, within 30 (or is it 60?) days of when you receive your pre-approval notice. I might be wrong about the length of time, but if you do not make appointments within a certain period of time after you receive your pre-approval notices, then your applications will be canceled, and both of you will have to start the entire application process all over again. The 30 (60?) days does not apply to the interview date itself, but to using the online system to schedule a date for the interview. It can be anywhere at anytime; just reschedule it when you have a better idea of where and when you want to do your interviews.
The requirement to use the (former) GOES system within 30 days of conditional approval to initially schedule an appointment slot was changed several years ago to 120 days -- although even that was inconsistently enforced.

Immediately after GOES transitioned to TTP, the TTP system had language that the 120 day limit would be enforced. However, that wording has been eliminated from the only place it existed, on the user dashboard. (I need to post an updated screenshot showing that they've removed the 120 day language from the 'dashboard' portion of the website.)

It was always curious that there was no other mention of the 120 day limit in the FAQ, the CBP INFO center questions and answers, or elsewhere on the site. The elimination of the 120 day language seems consistent with my concern that it was added by someone who did not vet it with everyone else.

At this point, only the 365 day overall limit from conditional approval to interview (and perhaps submission of documents requested at the interview) seems to exist.
Nexpoman likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:11 am

My family recently completed the application and interview process in less than 3 weeks from date of application to receiving cards in the mail. We interviewed at the Atlanta Customs office (not airport terminal location) and although it showed no appointments until about 6 weeks out, I checked periodically throughout the day for a couple of days and on a Thursday a full day of appointments opened up the the immediately following Sunday. We were able to book four appointments over two time slots and the interview process was quick and simple.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 7:44 pm

I had my interview at Bowling Green NY a few weeks ago. I just logged on to try to schedule my wife's interview and the website indicates that no interviews are available at Bowling Green at all. Is that location closing down? Or is this a temporary website thing? Does anyone know?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 8:28 pm

According to the CBP website that enrollment center is open "by appointment only."

I have not seen that disclaimer for any other location.

If I were in your shoes, I'd call and ask (212-344-2296).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.