Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:13 am

Question Houston - IAH

Applied: Nov 3, 2015
Conditionally approved: Nov 11, 2015

Wife:
Applied: Nov 1, 2015
Conditionally approved: Nov 9, 2015

Question about the appointment in Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport, (IAH).

The one in terminal E is booked until Dec but the one Terminal E Sterile Corridor requires Boarding Pass is wide open.
Any idea so we can get earlier appointment in the Terminal E Sterile Corridor requires Boarding Pass location?

Buy refundable ticket?

Thank you!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by nastar1

Wife:

Question about the appointment in Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport, (IAH).

The one in terminal E is booked until Dec but the one Terminal E Sterile Corridor requires Boarding Pass is wide open.
Any idea so we can get earlier appointment in the Terminal E Sterile Corridor requires Boarding Pass location?

Buy refundable ticket?

Thank you!
nastar1

Congrats on your first post. Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by pblawman
Applied: 11/4/15
Still pending

I did disclose an arrest in 1991 for disorderly conduct (misdemeanor). Case was dismissed after a diversion program. Never came up in 4 bar admissions and 1 international adoption, but decided to disclose in the interest of transparency. Hope that doesn't cause a problem.
Update:

Applied: 11/4/15
Conditionally approved: 11/12/15
Interview Scheduled: 11/20/15 (Otay Mesa)
Old Nov 12, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: DL _M
A little late in posting my GE application/approval experience. I lucked out on getting an appt the day after i received conditional.

Applied: June 25th
Conditional Approval: July 6th
Interview: July 7th (Atlanta - International Terminal F)
Approval: July 7th

Note: DaveBlaine, no need to welcome me to boost your post count. You probably don't need to welcome anyone else either to boost your post count ... I would guess everyone probably feels welcome without you filling threads with 'welcome' post.

Welcome to flyertalk

Thank you, your welcome.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: DL _M

Wife:

Buy refundable ticket?

Thank you!
The refundable ticket hack might not be a bad idea. You might also want to keep checking back to see if any spots open up in the other location too. I lucked out and was able to get one earlier by doing that (in ATL).
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, UA GS.

Wife:

Buy refundable ticket?

Thank you!
Sure you could try that or if you have status with United you can ask for a gate pass telling them you have meeting a few coworkers / have a meeting @ the United Club.

Also try checking availability on the outside Terminal E location, I did that and got an interview a few days after the conditional approval.

Good luck.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 2:19 pm

deleted

Last edited by CosmosHuman; Nov 27, 2015 at 6:04 pm
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:08 am

Global Entry Datapoint

I intially applied to Nexus thinking that I would be able to make it to a interview location. I was conditionally approved a few weeks later. Unfortunately some circumstances changed and it was easier for me to apply to GE. I paid the difference and I was conditionally approved for GE 24 hours later. I made an appointment at LAX and crossed my fingers.

Interview took less than 15 minutes and the only question the office asked me was if I had been to Taiwan. After I said yes, he told me that I would get my result via email and explained the program to me. Then he handed back my passport and sent me along my way. I'll update with my approval (hopefully) as soon as I know.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Applied: 11/16 (fee refunded same day by Visa)

Conditional Approval: 11/23

Seattle and Portland were way backed up on appointments. As my next scheduled flight wasn't until Jan. 13th, I decided to try Las Vegas ... which showed as wide open after Dec. 23rd for weeks thereafter! So, I decided I'd use an expiring AS 2015 upgrade cert to fly down there on Jan. 5th, along with points for the hotel room - most of the places were already booked, but as a Sign from Above the airport Doubletree was one of the few available (hotel shuttle to the appointment next day vs. cab from Strip). I'm working on the assumption that I can walk out of there "approved" to use the number for my flight on the 13th. I'll easily live with AS elite benefit of queue-jumping the regular line (as it were) on the Vegas trip, if no random Pre-Check given.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:26 am

I just got conditionally approved and soonest interview date that I'm getting is in Feb 2016. Based on some of the reviews here about LAX or Long Beach, it only takes 3-7 days to get an appointment at LAX or Long Beach (according to almost every single person who has posted in last couple of years about LAX or Long Beach).

Am I missing something really big?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: Global Entry, UA, AA, BA, DL, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by cowboyguy
I just got conditionally approved and soonest interview date that I'm getting is in Feb 2016. Based on some of the reviews here about LAX or Long Beach, it only takes 3-7 days to get an appointment at LAX or Long Beach (according to almost every single person who has posted in last couple of years about LAX or Long Beach).

Am I missing something really big?
Lack of near term interview appointments at LAX has been a continuing state of affairs but we see many posts here from people who find that there are no appointments available for several months but then frequently (and obsessively) check the LAX calendar and are able to snag a spot opened up by a cancellation.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Barcky
Lack of near term interview appointments at LAX has been a continuing state of affairs but we see many posts here from people who find that there are no appointments available for several months but then frequently (and obsessively) check the LAX calendar and are able to snag a spot opened up by a cancellation.
Oh I see. Thanks.

btw I was able to get an appointment at San Diego airport November 30 at 8:15 pm.

However, I work in LA and right now google maps tell me it takes 4.5 hours from LA to San Diego Airport. This seems a little absurd since I thought it normally takes 3 to 3.5 hours. Anyway I can arrive at work earlier and then leave at like 4 PM but I'm not even sure if I would be able to make it to the appointment by that time.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Oh I see. Thanks.

btw I was able to get an appointment at San Diego airport November 30 at 8:15 pm.

However, I work in LA and right now google maps tell me it takes 4.5 hours from LA to San Diego Airport. This seems a little absurd since I thought it normally takes 3 to 3.5 hours. Anyway I can arrive at work earlier and then leave at like 4 PM but I'm not even sure if I would be able to make it to the appointment by that time.
SAN has an enrollment center now? When I applied the closest ones were at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa border crossings.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
SAN has an enrollment center now? When I applied the closest ones were at the San Ysidro and Otay Mesa border crossings.
Mine says this address:

2500 Paseo Internacional, San Diego, CA 92154

Not sure if it is SAN
Old Nov 27, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Mine says this address:

2500 Paseo Internacional, San Diego, CA 92154

Not sure if it is SAN
That's Otay Mesa at the Mexican border, and that's why the time to get there is longer than to get to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.