Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master Thread new LX Eco Biz & First Class

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I may be in the minority, however there are still some of us who prefer Old F on the Swiss A340 to the new "office cubicle" of the A330.
The main point for me is that the old F show a lot of aging recently. I like the open space but I hate if the seat does not function and looks half broken. In my last 4 flights I had 3 times something broken/not working. The last time it was the power plug and I also realized that the Swiss plug does not fit into their own F seat which I find a bit surprising. Talking to the crew they are commented "we know and face it every day but management does not invest yet". At the same time the same management wonders why people change to ME3 or others. LH has a great F seat why does LX need to wait until 2016 with the 777 coming to come up with something new in F.
Old May 15, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HKG1111
The main point for me is that the old F show a lot of aging recently. I like the open space but I hate if the seat does not function and looks half broken. In my last 4 flights I had 3 times something broken/not working.
Oh- in that case I completely agree with you- broken seats are not fair at all.

I hope you are sending in a complaint after each flight- management needs to realize this problem is serious- I have been lucky on my F flights and not run into this- if I did have a broken seat I would be disappointed.
Old May 15, 2014, 6:17 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I haven't ticketed yet, but am interested in an even numbered throne (such as 8A). If ticketed directly with LX, can *A Gold reserve these in advance? If ticketed via UA, is it easier? Wondering if the ticketing process impacts the ability to verify status, or if it is strictly for SEN/HON.
Try a dummy booking on swiss.com. After selecting the flights scroll down to Reserve seat and select See choices. You will notice that all even numbered A seats and some K seats (depending on the route) are marked as 'Preferred seat: reserved for Miles & More Senator and HON Circle.' So it looks like these seats are not available for *G to select in advance.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:32 pm

I think business class needs a makeover more than first class.

Just check out the quality / resolution / size of the personal TV monitor... it feels like I was watching a movie on a TV screen from 1995.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I flew GVA-CPH in Business on that amazing cheap deal booked a couple of months back. So I'm certainly not complaining, but as an observation I was surprised by how frugal the breakfast offering was. Apparently the return flight does not get a hot meal, but rather a cold meal for lunch. Just 15 years ago, last time I did this route, a hot meal was served in economy!

I do wonder how they manage to sustain a business class on European routes as such prices, though, so it's no surprise that the service offering has gone down hill. Friendly crew, though.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But last night I flew MAD-GVA in Business and was surprised how much better the service was in terms of food offering. There was a choice of hot meal, either a vegetarian dish or meatloaf with mash and veg (which wasn't quite as bad as it sounds, but meatloaf is not everybody's thing). There was a green salad and small dessert on the same tray. It would have been nice to have a menu, to read what wines were available (the bottle was never presented).

Service was ok, I thought, nothing amazing but adequate. Not so for a person in the 3rd row, who demanded a customer service card and had quite a long shindig with the purser. Let's face it, service has definitely gone down and this was like what you would have got in economy about 20 years ago. But prices have also gone down a long way since those days. I did KLM two nights previously in Business and it was much better, with a menu and winelist. The other thing was, we had a purser dedicated to the business cabin, without disappearing for ages to help out in the economy cabin.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I don't have the time to go through the whole thread. Are there still LX planes with the Old F configuration out there or is the refurbishment complete?

Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I don't have the time to go through the whole thread. Are there still LX planes with the Old F configuration out there or is the refurbishment complete?

Thanks
All the A340 flying still feature the old F class seats
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by WestAust
All the A340 flying still feature the old F class seats
Thanks a lot, WestAust. To summarize:
All A340 old F
All A330 new F
All B777 new F.
Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:31 am

I'd be interested in finding out on which routes Swiss uses its 777 fleet.
Did a search but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I'd be interested in finding out on which routes Swiss uses its 777 fleet.
Did a search but didn't find the answer I was looking for.

Thanks.
JohnRain, As of today, SWISS have 8 77Ws in their fleet (Registrations HB-JNA to HB-JNH). They're pretty much on routes between ZRH and HKG, SIN, BKK, SFO, LAX, and ORD.

I think SWISS have a 9th 77W to be delivered this year and a 10th one ordered is to be delivered in 2018.

Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Can anyone advise on whether they have a preference for 1A/K vs. 2A/K on the 777?

2A/K seem like they would have less noise as they are away from the galley and there is a gap between them and mini business cabin (which is usually quiet anyway).

I'd appreciate people's advice. Thank you in advance.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by shogan1977
Can anyone advise on whether they have a preference for 1A/K vs. 2A/K on the 777?

2A/K seem like they would have less noise as they are away from the galley and there is a gap between them and mini business cabin (which is usually quiet anyway).

I'd appreciate people's advice. Thank you in advance.
Used to be a big fan of 2A/K, but after two flights on 1A and a flights on 1D on the 777, I have to say that it does not make a big difference. Did not notice any galley noise at all. On the 777 the galley appear further away from the seats as on the A343/333. Also row 1 felt as 'private' as row 2, there was neither disturbance due to light from the galley.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Used to be a big fan of 2A/K, but after two flights on 1A and a flights on 1D on the 777, I have to say that it does not make a big difference. Did not notice any galley noise at all. On the 777 the galley appear further away from the seats as on the A343/333. Also row 1 felt as 'private' as row 2, there was neither disturbance due to light from the galley.
thank you 👍
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by Viennafly
Or let's say it this way, the B77W is such a loud plane that it doesn't matter where you sit, it's always noisy...Why couldn't LX go for the A350

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.