Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel (was Sheraton NY Hotel & Towers) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Just a heads up on the reconfigured WiFi. While the lobby signal no longer reaches the gym, the club lounge signal does. Both free for up to three devices. Theoretically the meeting room one does too but they set the passwords to be untypable on a mobile
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Any recent visit report? I'm thinking about spending a short weekend next week in mid-town. The reviews on SPG.com are mostly negative for platinum members.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by ktjan
Any recent visit report? I'm thinking about spending a short weekend next week in mid-town. The reviews on SPG.com are mostly negative for platinum members.
I was recently there and had a very good stay. I guess I was expecting way less, but this turned out to be the better of the SPG hotels I've stayed at in NYC. This hotel is far enough away from Times Square where it's a bit more quiet, which I think is a plus. Some lobby renos are still going on, but the hotel has been updated quite well, and the rooms were a good size. I am not sure of the plat benefits.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
I was recently there and had a very good stay. I guess I was expecting way less, but this turned out to be the better of the SPG hotels I've stayed at in NYC. This hotel is far enough away from Times Square where it's a bit more quiet, which I think is a plus. Some lobby renos are still going on, but the hotel has been updated quite well, and the rooms were a good size. I am not sure of the plat benefits.
Lobby renovations are done as of this week.
Old May 12, 2015, 2:21 pm

I have an upcoming stay at the Sheraton TS. Can anybody tell me a little bit more about the suite I was assigned?

"Suite, non-smoking: K or 2 Dbls Rqst, Unconfirmed, Non-smoking, 700-900 sq ft / 65-84 m², Hotel Use Only, Desk And Data Port, Starbucks Coffee In Room, Flat Screen Tv"

Cheers!
Old May 12, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat 100, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Stayed here 2 weeks ago for 5 nights. Tried to use SNA but didn't get clear. They did put me on the high floor (49) as their "upgrade". The room is small but normal for NYC I think. I've never been upgraded to a suite here so can't comment on their size.

They don't do make a green choice which was a bummer. They did send a welcome amenity to my room after check in, some trail mix and water, which was appreciated. The gold / platinum line for check in was a joke for me though. The check in person just kept taking people from the normal line while ignoring me so not sure what's up with that or if the line has just been there for awhile.

The club lounge was ok for the morning with the usual pastries and fruit there but gets really crowded and it's almost a melee trying to get something. They do take your name and room number when you come in. The evening offerings weren't as good as other lounges, I just saw cheese and some veggies I think. Nothing hot or anything that I remember.

Overall we had a good stay and the location is great. The only thing is that the elevators seemed to be pretty old and slow. I felt I was always waiting awhile for one.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:30 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Were back at this property for the holiday weekend. Price for upgrade from Standard SPG Preferred room to a club room is now $50/night, as opposed to $25/night from our prior visits, so we passed. Had a nice room with a view down 7th Avenue. Easy checkin, easy checkout, room was nice and quiet.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
As a Platinum I have a love/hate relationship with this hotel. My biggest issue is that in all my stays at the property I have only seen the inside of a suite once and that only happened after a confrontation with the front desk. (won't go into that here)

Overall the hotel gets numerous stays from me due to the $ and award pricing and the location. At 12k with a Club Lounge it just doesn't make much sense to pick another Cat. 5 award option over this hotel. I am not a huge user of the CL but it is nice to pop up there in the morning for a small bite to eat and also to pick up a bottle of water to take back to the room. (Have actually never been up there in the evening but just having the option is nice.)

Lobby is typically a zoo and the rooms are just ok but the hotel serves its purpose especially if only in town for a night or two.
Old May 26, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
the lounge is also a zoo

Originally Posted by christianj
As a Platinum I have a love/hate relationship with this hotel. My biggest issue is that in all my stays at the property I have only seen the inside of a suite once and that only happened after a confrontation with the front desk. (won't go into that here)
Lobby is typically a zoo and the rooms are just ok but the hotel serves its purpose especially if only in town for a night or two.
Its not (just) the lobby that is a zoo. The lounge is also a zoo!

On the other hand, the staff are very nice. I was given a NYT during a recent visit (only the WSJ and USA Today were on offer) which was nice!

FYI, the management team has had some changes - so PM me if you need an updated contact!
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by youngandplatinum
I have an upcoming stay at the Sheraton TS. Can anybody tell me a little bit more about the suite I was assigned?

"Suite, non-smoking: K or 2 Dbls Rqst, Unconfirmed, Non-smoking, 700-900 sq ft / 65-84 m², Hotel Use Only, Desk And Data Port, Starbucks Coffee In Room, Flat Screen Tv"

Cheers!
I have the same description for my upcoming stay..
Can you tell what type of suite it was?

THX
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:22 am

Staying there this weekend. I have two reservations currently - one in a Club room (that does not allow a Suite Night Award) and the other in a non-Club room that does allow a Suite Night Award. A few questions for this who've stayed at this property:

- Are the Club and non-Club king rooms the same but just on different floors? In other words, are the Club room not renovated or does the non-Club one say renovated just to make it sound nicer?
- Trying to decide between taking the Club room as is or the non-Club with the possibility of a SNA. But I see a lot of folks here who have not had SNAs clear and who say they've never been upgraded. Can anyone report successful SNA (or Platinum upgrade to a suite?
- I'm coming in on a red-eye and am going to try to check in at 7a. Does this hotel typically accommodate? Does doing so disqualify me from a 4p check out at the end of my stay?
- How does this property stack up against Element Times Square?
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by acousticbiker
Staying there this weekend. I have two reservations currently - one in a Club room (that does not allow a Suite Night Award) and the other in a non-Club room that does allow a Suite Night Award. A few questions for this who've stayed at this property:

- Are the Club and non-Club king rooms the same but just on different floors? In other words, are the Club room not renovated or does the non-Club one say renovated just to make it sound nicer?
In my experience there's no tangible difference between the club and non-club rooms.

- Trying to decide between taking the Club room as is or the non-Club with the possibility of a SNA. But I see a lot of folks here who have not had SNAs clear and who say they've never been upgraded. Can anyone report successful SNA (or Platinum upgrade to a suite?
Not sure on SNAs, specifically but this is an extremely popular tourist / tourist group / convention hotel and they typically sell out, especially in the summer months, so I'm not surprised that SNAs would be challenged to clear this time of year.

- I'm coming in on a red-eye and am going to try to check in at 7a. Does this hotel typically accommodate? Does doing so disqualify me from a 4p check out at the end of my stay?
They've traditionally been flexible on my time requests. 7AM does seem very early and will probably be dependent on how full the property is during your stay.

-- How does this property stack up against Element Times Square?
Haven't stayed at the Element Times Square, but this is a bit of an apples and oranges request. The Sheraton is a full service property while the Element is not.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
- Can anyone report successful SNA (or Platinum upgrade to a suite?
- How does this property stack up against Element Times Square?
I can answer two of your questions - I've stayed here several times, and only been upgraded once, on a one-night stay the night before New Year's Eve, to a gigantic corner suite that had great views down to Times Square. Of course, as these things always are, I arrived at around 9PM and then left at 6AM the next morning.

I've only stayed at the Element TS one time, but the room that I had was very small - definitely smaller than the Sheraton rooms. It was nice and new, but I liked the area just a little bit less and it really was a tiny room. Between the two, I think I would pick the Sheraton TS.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 7:39 pm

Thanks to you both for the helpful replies!
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Any reviews on the fitness center? It looks like they don't have a swimming pool. Any recommended good gym with a pool nearby for a serious gymmer?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.