Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Cerritos Hotel, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I think they might be getting a little tired of us FT'er elites
Old Jul 21, 2009, 10:53 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Be careful. SESTAR was told that she only booked the bedroom and not the entire suite.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...owngraded.html
I had a very lovely stay last weekend in the Plaza Suite; no issues at all when checking in.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 1:06 pm

Got upgraded to a nice suite when checking in the other night.

Only problem I'm having is the points and stays are not posting two days after checking out.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I had a very lovely stay last weekend in the Plaza Suite; no issues at all when checking in.
How lucky. I'm sitting in the hotel lobby at the LINK right now. I checked in 15 minutes ago. Got a junior suite with free breakfast. I brought my confirmation but did not pursuit the plaza suite since a lot of you thought my booking is just the bedroom of the plaza suite.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 4:18 pm

Showed my confirmation to front desk. He said Plaza Suite and Jr. Suite are the same. I said no they are not. Plaza Suites have dining room, etc. He said the sofa is consider dining room. I asked to speak to a manager. He said he is the manager. His name tag showed "FRONT DESK"

Anyhow, lame...but oh well...
Old Jul 26, 2009, 1:53 am

so did he ended up giving you a plaza suite or jr suite ?

I am staying at the property now. I heard they do honor this mistake rate tho. Maybe your suite is occupied by someone else
Old Jul 26, 2009, 9:49 am

No, I got jr suite. Very nice room though.
Old Aug 16, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, NW, US
Stayed one night Aug 13-14, 2009.

I was in SoCal on business and mainly wanted a low cost SPG night. I was more than happy with the Sheraton Cerritos. Not only was it a very nice hotel for $79 + a night, but I got free breakfast (fantastic service with the buffet breakfast and excellent offerings as well) and there is no charge for parking (unlike MANY other SoCal Starwood properties). I also got free Internet.

Another thing I like about this property is the proximity to the Cerritos Towne Center, an outdoor amall with lot of shops, and restaurant choices as well as multiplex theatre. All a slow five minute walk from the hotel.

Access to the 91 Freeway is near and very convenient. Even though this hotel is about 25-30 minutes from my client's office, i will stay there again for certain. Hotel rate inflation (Starwood and Marriott and Hilton in particular) in SoCal has gotten ridiculous. The Courtyard I often stayed at in the past in $229 a night! Who are they kidding. It was a wonderful find for me discovering the Sheraton Cerritos for $150 less than the Courtyard Foothill Ranch.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 7:50 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I was there the same weekend-very good stay.
The hotel was very busy with a wedding and a 100th B'day party^

Google maps had us driving 15 minutes out of our way to find a store that was located across the street from the hotel
Old Dec 25, 2009, 11:25 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
My wife and I are staying here at the end of the month. As we are both SPG Gold, can we expect any free breakfast / upgrade etc?

thanks
Old Dec 25, 2009, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by gallagher
My wife and I are staying here at the end of the month. As we are both SPG Gold, can we expect any free breakfast / upgrade etc?

thanks
As a Gold you would get some sort of upgrade after Plats - maybe Club floor, a suite is very unlikely. IIRC, only Plats get free breakfast.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
I will let you know what Gold's get...I am staying next week.

Originally Posted by bocastephen
As a Gold you would get some sort of upgrade after Plats - maybe Club floor, a suite is very unlikely. IIRC, only Plats get free breakfast.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Starwood Gold, Fairmont Platinum
A good check in experience. Upgraded to Club Floor and will be given free breakfast and internet. Nice upgrade for a Gold.

Originally Posted by shyam99
I will let you know what Gold's get...I am staying next week.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
A bit disappointed with this hotel. Had a Club Level room booked on a corp rate. Get to the hotel and find the hotel booked solid and me in a regular room on the 4th floor. No apologies from the guest service agent.

On the whole, I find the hotel actually rather dingy. Sure the bed has the newer sheets, but tired furnishings, stains over the carpeting, and a nice pile of trash left by the previous guest in the closet. Hmm...
Old Jul 30, 2010, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by slippahs
A bit disappointed with this hotel. Had a Club Level room booked on a corp rate. Get to the hotel and find the hotel booked solid and me in a regular room on the 4th floor. No apologies from the guest service agent.

On the whole, I find the hotel actually rather dingy. Sure the bed has the newer sheets, but tired furnishings, stains over the carpeting, and a nice pile of trash left by the previous guest in the closet. Hmm...
I bet you checked in today. I was trying to book this property a few days ago, it was already full then. They often hold big conventions and weddings there, that may be why.

Nevertheless, if you booked a club floor, I would demand a club floor. I am sure not everyone staying on the club floor booked a club floor room, otherwise the system would should show zero ability, right?

Did you at least ask for the difference in rate back? And some points for compensation.

I will be there tomorrow...As a returning Platinum(I am there at least 3-4 times a month) guest I usually score a jr. suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.