Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: All of them, Katie
It will count toward the year in which the points post to your account, so if you meet the spend requirement in January, it will count toward the 2015 companion pass.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:43 pm

Another Companion Pass Question..

Just got approved for the 50K Business and Personal cards -Have a major purchase thats Due in 2 weeks - If I put $1800 on Each Card next week, then wait until Jan 1 for the other $200 - I should be all set right?

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jeremybe
Just got approved for the 50K Business and Personal cards -Have a major purchase thats Due in 2 weeks - If I put $1800 on Each Card next week, then wait until Jan 1 for the other $200 - I should be all set right?

Thanks!
Yes but if there is any kind if mistake whether your fault or not neither chase nor southwest will be able to fix it. That's why we recommend not cutting it close in time or dollars. Several people have messed this up and those are only the ones brave enough to admit it here.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by jeremybe

Thanks!
You will be about 9600 points shy of CP if you charge $200 on each card after the December statement closes. 100K plus points will be credited towards 2015/16 CP so you have the vast majority.

Don't forget that you have to spend $2k plus the AF on each card.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: AA BA WN US
Just a warning that the credit card annual fee does NOT earn points and it will NOT count toward the $2000 spend requirement.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:13 am

Programs: united 1p, usair silver, nz gold, hilton gold, starwood gold
bad information from Chase Rep

I just was approved for a new Chase SWA credit card. The rep told me if I wanted my 50,000 bonus points to post in January I had to spend before December 8 since that would be my payment due bill in January. I'm pretty sure it is just the opposite in that I have to spend after December 8 as my bonus points will post with the statement issued in January and payable in February.

Am I wrong or was the Chase Rep?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: AA BA WN US
Originally Posted by sheepherder
I just was approved for a new Chase SWA credit card. The rep told me if I wanted my 50,000 bonus points to post in January I had to spend before December 8 since that would be my payment due bill in January. I'm pretty sure it is just the opposite in that I have to spend after December 8 as my bonus points will post with the statement issued in January and payable in February.

MMS has a GREAT post here today about this
http://millionmilesecrets.com/2014/1...ompanion-pass/
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by sheepherder

Make the spend after the December statement close IF you want the points to post in 2015
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:33 pm

I've got what's probably an atypical situation here because I'm hoping that fares go up in the next two weeks. I'm 5694 points away from making A-List and I'm booked in Business Select for one more round trip at $254 each way that should get me 5336. That will leave me 358 short; I need to rebook the Business Select fares at about $15 more each way to make the grade!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:15 pm

A statement closing date of January 1 makes it safe to do the spend now, correct? I know we've covered this a million times but I don't want to screw it up!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by trouble747
A statement closing date of January 1 makes it safe to do the spend now, correct? I know we've covered this a million times but I don't want to screw it up!
Every year people try to cut this too close and get burned.

I would wait if I were you.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:54 am

Guys please advice on my situation. My statement closes on January 1st (also the three month mark). Just wondering if I shoud go ahead and use the card safely now through January 1st or wait until last week of Dec to let transactions post close to Jan 1st as possible. I am concerned about cutting it close. Have about 1200$ to be spend and will be able to meet that easily.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by cknutrine6954
Guys please advice on my situation. My statement closes on January 1st (also the three month mark). Just wondering if I shoud go ahead and use the card safely now through January 1st or wait until last week of Dec to let transactions post close to Jan 1st as possible. I am concerned about cutting it close. Have about 1200$ to be spend and will be able to meet that easily.
If you get too close a payment could remain pending through the statement closing and get pushed to the next statement.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:29 pm

Yeah. That's my concern. Will it be a problem if I make the transactions now that the current statement is through Jan 1st

Edit: I meant in first three weeks
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by cknutrine6954
Yeah. That's my concern. Will it be a problem if I make the transactions now that the current statement is through Jan 1st

Edit: I meant in first three weeks
I assume so? I'm in the same position. It seems pretty consistent that the points are deposited a few days after the statement closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.