Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

International Bookings Live on Southwest.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: texashoser
Beginning July 1, 2014, Southwest Airlines will operate daily, nonstop flights between:
  • Atlanta and Aruba, and Montego Bay
  • Baltimore/Washington and Aruba, Nassau, and (twice daily) Montego Bay
  • Orlando and (Saturday only) Aruba, and Montego Bay

For international bookings, only ATL, BOS, BWI, MCO, or PIT can serve as the origination/destination airport. Separate bookings are necessary if positioning flights are required.

UPDATE: Starting August 5, 2014, more cities via staggered schedule will be added as allowed origination/destination airports. The schedule is as follows:

Aug. 5 BDL, DCA, DTW, HOU, LGA, RDU, SDF
Aug. 10 SNA, MKE
Aug. 19 BNA, ORF, PHL, SFO, SJC, SMF, STL
Aug. 26 ALB, BUF, DAY, IND, MCI, MSP, OAK, ROC
Sept. 16 CMH, GRR, ISP, LAX, MHT, PVD, PWM
Sept. 30 DSM, LAS, OKC, PDX, SEA
Oct. 5 ABQ, CAK, CLE, DAL, OMA, SLC
Oct. 28 BOI, FNT, GEG, RNO
Nov. 2 AUS, MDW, SAT
Nov. 11 AMA, CLT, GSP, MSY, ONT
Nov. 18 BHM, CHS, FLL, JAX, LIT, PBI, PHX, RSW, SAN, SJU, TPA, TUS
Dec. 16 CRP, ECP, HRL, ICT, MAF, MEM, PNS, RIC
Print Wikipost

International Bookings Live on Southwest.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:37 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by flyventure
Depends what his question actually is? Do they want to know when they can book from HOU? If that's the question, going to the link and selection Houston from the drop down will say when reservations from HOU to AUA, MBJ, and NAS are available - August 5th.
i think it's pretty obvious that he wants to know if it's just the five cities listed currently eligible for booking on southwest.com.

The answer is that HOU should also be on the sticky list.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by bon95
i think it's pretty obvious that he wants to know if it's just the five cities listed currently eligible for booking on southwest.com.
Which that website clearly shows when HOU int'l bookings will be available and to which cities.

The answer is that HOU should also be on the sticky list.
What makes HOU special outside of the DTW, SDF, RDU, DCA, LGA, and BDL that also get the ability to book int'l res to those 3 cities on August 5th? If anything, the sticky might just need to be updated with a full table of when cities get int'l options and to which markets.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by flyventure
Which that website clearly shows when HOU int'l bookings will be available and to which cities.

What makes HOU special outside of the DTW, SDF, RDU, DCA, LGA, and BDL that also get the ability to book int'l res to those 3 cities on August 5th? If anything, the sticky might just need to be updated with a full table of when cities get int'l options and to which markets.
The link you're talking about says when the travel to cities begins, not when you can BOOK those flights.

For international bookings, only HOU, ATL, BOS, BWI, MCO, or PIT can serve as the origination/destination airport.

All other cities require separate bookings for "positioning flights."

Last edited by ftnoob; Mar 24, 2014 at 2:31 am Reason: quoted image files
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:27 pm

Actually I just did a dummy booking for Sept 2014. I can fly BDL-AUA with stopover in BWI roundtrip as a single reservation on days when the times align properly. I didn't need a separate booking for positioning.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
The link you're talking about says when the travel to cities begins, not when you can BOOK those flights.

For international bookings, only HOU, ATL, BOS, BWI, MCO, or PIT can serve as the origination/destination airport.

All other cities require separate bookings for "positioning flights."
That's not true. I just booked two tickets from DAY-MBJ with a connection in BWI. It was less than 1,000 points more than just BWI-MBJ alone. Pretty fantastic deal if you ask me.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by DutchRyan
That's not true. I just booked two tickets from DAY-MBJ with a connection in BWI. It was less than 1,000 points more than just BWI-MBJ alone. Pretty fantastic deal if you ask me.
Which is why the sticky needs updating. SW is frequently loading the website with new cities for international bookings.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Anyone else having issues booking companion pass online for international travel? I am required to fill in the gender field but it is greyed out. Works fine for domestic flights. Am forced to call in now every time and the CSR seemed to think it was a known issue. Southwest IT, why?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by ronbo83
Anyone else having issues booking companion pass online for international travel? I am required to fill in the gender field but it is greyed out. Works fine for domestic flights. Am forced to call in now every time and the CSR seemed to think it was a known issue. Southwest IT, why?
Did it a while ago, but worked fine.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Is there Standard Availability for these flights? I get the same error.
Has anyone been able to book a standard award (to CUN)? Does SW allow using std awards?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by eethan
Has anyone been able to book a standard award (to CUN)? Does SW allow using std awards?
Trying to book online generates the following error (ATL-CUN):

Not sure if CS would be able to book it; I suspect not. Hopefully someone here with experience will chime in?
Old May 18, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN-CMP, Marriott Plat-Life
International Schedule - connection cities to AUA after Nov 1?

Any rumors if there will be other connection cities opening up tomorrow, May 19th to AUA? Currently, the connections go through MCO (Orlando), but I'm thinking that when the schedule opens up tomorrow through Jan 5, 2014, there must be other connection cities to support the west coast (Calif, Ore, Wa). Maybe Hou?
Old May 19, 2014, 1:22 pm

Just got an email from WN showing the timetable of when you can book international travel from a particular city:

http://www.southwest.com/html/promot...mile-sale.html
Old May 20, 2014, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by ronbo83
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same problem.
Their software won't handle the CP at this point. You have to call in and have a rep add it. At least, that's what they told me when I had the same problem.
Old May 21, 2014, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by AnthonyGT
Their software won't handle the CP at this point. You have to call in and have a rep add it. At least, that's what they told me when I had the same problem.
I added my companion to nonstop MDW-CUN and CUN-MDW flights without any problems this morning. They are for flights in December. I received confirmation emails for the companion with confirmation numbers. However, it has been over an hour and I still do not see the companion listed under the "My Travel" tab on my account (usually the companion shows up in about five minutes). I'm pretty confident everything is fine since I paid the taxes/fees and have a confirmation number for the companion, but I'll probably call in if it doesn't show up in another day or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.