Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

International Bookings Live on Southwest.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2014, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: texashoser
Beginning July 1, 2014, Southwest Airlines will operate daily, nonstop flights between:
  • Atlanta and Aruba, and Montego Bay
  • Baltimore/Washington and Aruba, Nassau, and (twice daily) Montego Bay
  • Orlando and (Saturday only) Aruba, and Montego Bay

For international bookings, only ATL, BOS, BWI, MCO, or PIT can serve as the origination/destination airport. Separate bookings are necessary if positioning flights are required.

UPDATE: Starting August 5, 2014, more cities via staggered schedule will be added as allowed origination/destination airports. The schedule is as follows:

Aug. 5 BDL, DCA, DTW, HOU, LGA, RDU, SDF
Aug. 10 SNA, MKE
Aug. 19 BNA, ORF, PHL, SFO, SJC, SMF, STL
Aug. 26 ALB, BUF, DAY, IND, MCI, MSP, OAK, ROC
Sept. 16 CMH, GRR, ISP, LAX, MHT, PVD, PWM
Sept. 30 DSM, LAS, OKC, PDX, SEA
Oct. 5 ABQ, CAK, CLE, DAL, OMA, SLC
Oct. 28 BOI, FNT, GEG, RNO
Nov. 2 AUS, MDW, SAT
Nov. 11 AMA, CLT, GSP, MSY, ONT
Nov. 18 BHM, CHS, FLL, JAX, LIT, PBI, PHX, RSW, SAN, SJU, TPA, TUS
Dec. 16 CRP, ECP, HRL, ICT, MAF, MEM, PNS, RIC
Print Wikipost

International Bookings Live on Southwest.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by indelible
oh, its been a while since I've canceled. maybe i'm not remembering correctly. is it different if theres a CP booking?
neg, you can choose refund for CP booking as well.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Does anyone know what MCO terminal / gate the Southwest nonstop to MJB generally departs from? I'm trying to strategize. We are flying out 7/5.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Does anyone know what MCO terminal / gate the Southwest nonstop to MJB generally departs from? I'm trying to strategize. We are flying out 7/5.
Southwest operates from Terminal A/Airside 2 in Rodentville.

Flight# 272 in recent days

Although it appears they seem to have favored gate 120 for this flight's departures recently, remember that they can and often do jostle gate assignments around, sometimes at the last minute.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by steved5480
Southwest operates from Terminal A/Airside 2 in Rodentville.

Flight# 272 in recent days

Although it appears they seem to have favored gate 120 for this flight's departures recently, remember that they can and often do jostle gate assignments around, sometimes at the last minute.
Thanks. In looking at an MCO map, it appears there is no duty free in that section. Saying only departures from A20-29 are eligible for duty free. I was thinking about buying some gin for our outbound direct to Jamaica. TripAdvisor forum suggests top shelf stuff will be cheaper on duty free and carryon. Anyone know if Southwest international out of MCO has access to duty free shop?

Also, quick question re returning with duty free liquor from Jamaica. I believe it is 1 bottle per person. We are a family of 5 with 3 underage kids. Would we be entitled to 3 bottles or 5?
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Thanks. In looking at an MCO map, it appears there is no duty free in that section. Saying only departures from A20-29 are eligible for duty free. I was thinking about buying some gin for our outbound direct to Jamaica. TripAdvisor forum suggests top shelf stuff will be cheaper on duty free and carryon. Anyone know if Southwest international out of MCO has access to duty free shop?

Also, quick question re returning with duty free liquor from Jamaica. I believe it is 1 bottle per person. We are a family of 5 with 3 underage kids. Would we be entitled to 3 bottles or 5?
You will only be allowed one liter per adult (21+) duty free. Any more, you may be required to pay the duty. If you have just one bottle more, they are likely to waive it, but you never know.

I've not been seeing a lot of different in price between duty free and buying it at Walmart, but YMMV. I recommend visiting your favorite store before you go and snapping a photo.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Algebralovr
You will only be allowed one liter per adult (21+) duty free. Any more, you may be required to pay the duty. If you have just one bottle more, they are likely to waive it, but you never know.

I've not been seeing a lot of different in price between duty free and buying it at Walmart, but YMMV. I recommend visiting your favorite store before you go and snapping a photo.
Ah. Got it re import. I was thinking about duty free outbound b/c I'm not checking luggage and can't go through TSA with bottle of gin.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: UA, WN, AS, AA
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I have have two non-US passports on my reservation. When I tried to put them into the system, it looks it only accepts passports issued by the US. I can just do it at the airport, but does this info need to be put in before I can check-in?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: UA, WN, AS, AA
Originally Posted by KLMatSJC
I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I have have two non-US passports on my reservation. When I tried to put them into the system, it looks it only accepts passports issued by the US. I can just do it at the airport, but does this info need to be put in before I can check-in?
I figured it out. Thanks anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.