Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook Business Class Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: KF Silver (bye long-haul Y, not missed!)
Originally Posted by fimo
I love the beef rawon ex-AMS, which is a beef broth with rice and chucks of stewed beef. Just ordered it again for my flight next week. It's a unique offering as the dish is Indonesian so a nod to the Dutch-Indo connection.

I've had the dimsum and not really cared for it, but I'm fussy about my dimsum. And it's also something offered on a regular basis for the BF menu.

My usual SIN-AMS/FRA routine is to ask the staff to serve my breakfast main as supper (if I do choose to eat a main), and hold my supper main for breakfast. And I choose a light item like the fish congee, even if I don't have it at supper service I have a light option if I'm hungry in the middle of the night/flight. The supper BTC of say a lobster thermidor, I will take for breakfast, since it's closer to lunch time SG time.

But that's just my preference.
A sound strategy fimo, and thanks for the extra edit to clarify it applies ex-SIN. I will gladly adopt it, especially since I intend to check out both SilverKris lounges (in T2 and T3) as well as the Oasis lounge (on a side note, I have tried the real fish spa in a river outside Kota Kinabalu and that really hurt). Will switch my BTC choice to try the rawon, in view of your and cowie's reminder of the Dutch-Indo connection. I suppose after three weeks of mostly European cuisine, some rice and broth would go down well!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 5:17 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
Originally Posted by ClementiTotoro
Thanks cowie, good point. Not that I need/could get second helpings (and deprive crew of their meal!?) Was unable to find a SIN-AMS business class menu except for FlyRilakkuma's Youtube video of the inaugural A350 flight in May. Then, the three main course options for supper were sea bass, herbal chicken with wolfberries and beef rendang.
I haven't flown the route in ages. But here's the Oct 2013 (!!!) selection SIN-AMS:

Supper menu (listing the mains only. there was a starter, a dessert, and cheese as well)

Grilled beef fillet with mushroom gratin, red wine sauce, asparagus and fondant potatoes
Stir-fried chicken with ginger and spring onion, chinese vegetable and steamed rice
Cantonese prawn dumplings in superior soup with leafy greens and flower mushrooms

Breakfast menu

Baked eggs with Hollandaise (hahaha SQ I see what you did there) sauce, chicken sausage, tomato and potatoes
Selection of dim sum
French toast with caramelized banana, whipped cream and maple syrup
Old Sep 20, 2016, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by cowie
I haven't flown the route in ages. But here's the Oct 2013 (!!!) selection SIN-AMS:

Supper menu (listing the mains only. there was a starter, a dessert, and cheese as well)

Grilled beef fillet with mushroom gratin, red wine sauce, asparagus and fondant potatoes
Stir-fried chicken with ginger and spring onion, chinese vegetable and steamed rice
Cantonese prawn dumplings in superior soup with leafy greens and flower mushrooms

Breakfast menu

Baked eggs with Hollandaise (hahaha SQ I see what you did there) sauce, chicken sausage, tomato and potatoes
Selection of dim sum
French toast with caramelized banana, whipped cream and maple syrup
Thanks cowie for keeping a careful record from your flights! LOL French toast must be a staple for CDG flights ...
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
I just flew SIN-AMS, and they have an Indo-dish on the standard menu in both directions. Can't remember off hand what the dishes are but I took photos so will share later.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
I have a flight for May next year (on the SIN>SFO direct) but each time I try to BTC it won't let me... just keeps telling me to call the SQ local office... I guest I'll just order off the regular menu if it's not fixed by then.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: Anything that still flies F
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
I have a flight for May next year (on the SIN>SFO direct) but each time I try to BTC it won't let me... just keeps telling me to call the SQ local office... I guest I'll just order off the regular menu if it's not fixed by then.
Mine took about a month after booking to show the options, not sure why. I am flying in Nov for reference.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer88
Mine took about a month after booking to show the options, not sure why. I am flying in Nov for reference.
I was thinking it may not show up until near the date in case they change some menu items. At least I know I'm not the only one who has this experience.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by fimo
I just flew SIN-AMS, and they have an Indo-dish on the standard menu in both directions. Can't remember off hand what the dishes are but I took photos so will share later.
Looking forward to that fimo. Will PM you about some restaurant recommendations in Rotterdam and Amsterdam, if you don't mind?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: KF
My recent experience proved successful at least on my own taste. I was on MNL-SIN-ICN-SFO...JFK-FRA-SIN-MNL. Only BTC the SIN-ICN leg and it was good. All other legs, I just took from the menu (esp tricky is the JFK-FRA, FRA-SIN , never fancied any BTC options there) . So I guess its a matter of taking the risk to BTC where in fact you have the luxury to choose 4 ? or 3 ? main dish...
Old Sep 24, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
My wife and I have been a bit disappointed with the program and are thinking next time just to take what is offered. I had the beef rendang which was the best of the lot. My wife had a filled pasta that wasn't wonderful as well as just OK salmon. I had Bresse chicken but any resemblance was incidental.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by ClementiTotoro
Looking forward to that fimo. Will PM you about some restaurant recommendations in Rotterdam and Amsterdam, if you don't mind?
Hi Clementi Totoro - Thanks for the offer, but AMS is just a gateway for me, I'm not staying in Amsterdam but hitting other cities in the area!

Here's the menu (I'm too lazy to upload photos so just providing simplified names of the dishes)

SIN-AMS
Supper
Appetiser: Classic gravadlax
Main course: Seared chix breast w/ yuzu pepper dressing, black pasta (seafood), beef rendang
Dessert: Lavender pudding with berry coulis

Breakfast Main: Baked crepe with chive scrambled egg
Selection of dim sum
Buttermilk pancake with maple syrup

AMS-SIN
Lunch
Satay
Gravlax
Main: Pan Roasted beef fillet in black pepper sauce, kalimantan ayam cincane, cumin and coriander crusted lamb with shallot jus, steamed cod fillet in superior soy sauce
Dessert: Macadamia ice cream, buchette cerise

Breakfast
Main: Egg frittata, braised rice noodles (seafood), filo pastry with pecan nuts.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 4:08 am

Any suggestions for BTC Breakfast items ex-SIN?

Grilled angus beef burger
Nasi lemak
Poached egg surveyed with hollandaise sauce
Warm waffle with strawberry coulis
Swedish Wholegrain Crisp Bread
Sliced Grouper Congee

Options seems v limited...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:18 am
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by SQ319

Nasi lemak
Sliced Grouper Congee

because it is limited to Breakfast items. Unless you are keen on one of the above, I would stick to the standard choice available on board.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 6:00 pm

Nasi lemak
Sliced Grouper Congee

Grilled angus beef burger is good but small.
Nasi lemak is fine too, nothing special
Poached eggs is not(the yolk is not runny at all)
Warm waffles is ok, the coulis is a little on the sweet side.

Me and the missus take most of our flights in the morning
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:22 am

Nasi lemak
Sliced Grouper Congee

I wonder what they asked the poached egg... did it like the hollandaise sauce? Could it answer while the sauce was present? Why did it agree to be surveyed?

Hoping it was autocorrect...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.