Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Optiontown - Upgrade on SK flights
SAS Scandinavian Airlines offers, via partner Optiontown, all customers the opportunity to purchase an upgrade on SK operated flights, which will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure, pending on seat availability.

SAS Go passengers can purchase an upgrade to SAS Plus on all flights and to SAS Business class on SAS’s intercontinental flights between Scandinavia, the US and Asia, while SAS Plus passengers also can buy an upgrade to SAS Business class on intercontinental flights.
Booking class Europe: A (SAS Plus)
Booking classes Intercontinental: Z (Business) and P (SAS Plus)
Note: All upgrades will be handled by Optiontown.
Contact to Optiontown

Phone: UK +44 (0) 203 371 7854
E-mail: [email protected]
Homepage: www.optiontown.com
Upgrade fees

Intercontinental flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR140 and EUR900, depending on availability, destination and service class.
European flights:
Upgrade fees will range between EUR30 and EUR75, depending on availability, destination and service class.

EUR 1 (one) for short haul flights
EUR 5 (five) for long haul flights.
Note: During the period 10JUN15-31AUG15, no sign up fee will be charged.
Reservation

All upgraded PNRs will be updated with and include OS SK OPTIONTOWN UPGRADE.
Reservation for non 117-documents (only applicable on long haul flights)

Reservations for non 117-documents will be updated by Optiontown with the following information:

OS SK UTO
SR CKIN SK KK. ATTN CHECK-IN. UTO PSGR. PLS UPGRADE TO (CLASS) ACC TO PROC ON SKXXX (DATE), UPG ALREADY PAID BRGDS REV MNGT.
Note: Tickets will not be reissued and upgrade will take place at check-in counter.
Rebooking
If the passenger wants to rebook a flight with confirmed upgrade via Optiontown, always use the original ticket fare, found in TWD, to calculate the fare difference.
Change fee must be collected if applicable for the original ticket.

Refund

After requesting upgrade it is not possible to change or cancel the upgrade request.
Upgrade amount is not refundable.

If the passengers upgrade request is not successful, the upgrade fee will be refunded.
Optiontown must be contacted for refund.
Restrictions

Upgrade of the following passengers cannot be performed:

Travel Pass passengers
Groups (booking class G)
Passengers holding award tickets (booking classes I and X)
ID-passengers (booking classes R and N)

Irregularity

Rebooking procedures for passengers with an upgrade, affected by irregularity:

Rebooking to other SK-flight
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is available - rebook the passenger in the upgraded booking class.
If the same booking class as passenger was upgraded to is not available - rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.
Rebooking to other airline
Rebook the passenger in the same service class as originally booked and refund the upgrade.

Note: In case of refund in above cases, the passenger himself must contact Optiontown and request refund.
Benefits

The upgraded passenger is entitled to:

Baggage allowance according to the new class
Star Alliance Priority tag
SAS Business check-in
Fast Track security
SAS Lounge access
EuroBonus points earned according to the new class
Onboard service according to the new class

Passenger process

Passenger makes a reservation on an SAS operated flight. Reservation must be confirmed.
Passenger logs onto www.optiontown.com, creates an account and enters credit card info.
Passenger can register the upgrade request immediately after reservation is made
Sign-up must be made latest 36 hours before departure

Optiontown selects the passengers to be upgraded according to conditions set forth by SAS

If there are seats available and the upgrade request is successful, the upgrade will be confirmed 72-24 hours prior to departure.
Updated 03JUL15 08.57
Print Wikipost

Optiontown.com paid upgrades on SAS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:00 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Glad you got your upgrade, fassy.

We did SFO-CPH-SFO last year and we were in the back of the bus [didn't get upgrade because we used cash + points] for the eastbound flight. Dinner, movie, wine, Ambien and it wasn't too bad. We had the 2 seater in the first GO row.

Flight back we paid for upgrade to GO PLUS and kind GA put us up front. Not too shabby.

Safe travels.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:39 am

Boarding complete and every single seat in the aircraft is taken... Don't see that too often but CPH-SFO seems to be a huge success.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Don't forget we've had to beg for that route for years and SK repeatedly stated they didn't think it would be successful. The typical mismanagement and lack of data you'd expect from SK.

I'm happy to see they listened to HKG and I'm hoping we'll see another relevant destination in the 4th slot from ARN.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Don't forget we've had to beg for that route for years and SK repeatedly stated they didn't think it would be successful. The typical mismanagement and lack of data you'd expect from SK.

I'm happy to see they listened to HKG and I'm hoping we'll see another relevant destination in the 4th slot from ARN.
Maybe CPH-LAX could come back? Or maybe a pax study would reveal the need for CPH-SJC as an alternate to SFO (maybe keep the night flight SJC-CPH, but make CPH-SJC a night flight as well, then). That'd be nice.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 7:55 pm

Hmmm, SJC would be nice for me but I don't think it is attractive for any leisure traveller (which probably fill at least 50% of the plane) compared to SFO.

Before you serve northern CA with two airports just 40 miles apart LA, San Diego, Seattle on the West Coast or Florida would be certainly more attractive.

I could also use some connection to Africa, preferable Cape Town

Anyway, the C class product really needs improvement... I don't moan about the old cabin, I can absolutely live with it but the food (including the poor wine selection) was really bad compared to e.g. LH, LX or OS - not to start comparing to the Asian competition.

But what ever, good flight and I arrive well and rested.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fassy
Hmmm, SJC would be nice for me but I don't think it is attractive for any leisure traveller (which probably fill at least 50% of the plane) compared to SFO.

Before you serve northern CA with two airports just 40 miles apart LA, San Diego, Seattle on the West Coast or Florida would be certainly more attractive.

I could also use some connection to Africa, preferable Cape Town

Anyway, the C class product really needs improvement... I don't moan about the old cabin, I can absolutely live with it but the food (including the poor wine selection) was really bad compared to e.g. LH, LX or OS - not to start comparing to the Asian competition.

But what ever, good flight and I arrive well and rested.

I know what you mean; I just know they've had troubles in the past with LAX and SJC would separate Silicon Valley-travelers from the SFO leisure travelers - demand is obviously there for more than the one flight a day. At least from what we hear here with full flights all the time.

I wonder what the O&D #s are on CPH-SFO?

Agree with CPT/JNB; the options from CPH to these are not great.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
SJC would be great but it wouldn't work as it doesn't provide the connection options that SFO has being a UA hub. LAX would be a good choice but they'd have to take on the competition with DY to fill the back of the plane. I'm also thinking MIA is a good choice, either from ARN or CPH as they have a codeshare agreement with AA. Or anything in Canada really.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:39 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Maybe not anything in Canada. But anything in Quebec or Ontario would do. Flying further west limits the options of using the connection for the Eastern part.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
Maybe not anything in Canada. But anything in Quebec or Ontario would do. Flying further west limits the options of using the connection for the Eastern part.
Clearly, though I wouldn't mind an early departure to YVR from any Nordic hub.

The main reason to fly to Canada directly is to avoid the US, something SK is currently not able to offer. Flying into YYZ, YUL, YOW, YHZ etc come with transfers at EWR or ORD generally. For some people this comes with an otherwise unnecessary ESTA/VISA requirement.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:09 am

Got my upgrade to business(from Plus) on SK907 to EWR yesterday, 3 days before departure! I was prepared for a "no" as the plane is very empty, I was the only one in Plus for instance..
However I have one question; after the upgrade was confirmed I got a new seat(row 3) but on the itinerary it still says "SAS PLUS" despite the seat in business.. Should I call SAS?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by miap
Got my upgrade to business(from Plus) on SK907 to EWR yesterday, 3 days before departure! I was prepared for a "no" as the plane is very empty, I was the only one in Plus for instance..
However I have one question; after the upgrade was confirmed I got a new seat(row 3) but on the itinerary it still says "SAS PLUS" despite the seat in business.. Should I call SAS?
On a recent optiontown upgrade from GO to PLUS intra-european, my itinerary never changed from GO to PLUS but my boarding card showed the right class and I got the correct points.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:25 am

The itinerary doesn't change, you should like helosc describes have gotten an updated BP and get points appropriate to your upgraded class.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:14 am

Very - very UNSUCCESFULL

I have for the last 3 years bought optiontown UTO on all my trips EWR -CPH + SFO-CPH. For the last 3 years I have not one time been sucesfull. Tormorrow I fly SFO-CPH(SK-936) and have booked UTO for upgrade to business (4 persons) total EUR 1768,-. This time I have duly checked that there is ample supply of business seats to buy (Means more than 9+). And I can also see on seat alert that the seats are there.

I more or less get somewhat bored that paying for an option (the option fee) that I almost never are able to excersise.

In the earlier bookings I very travelling alone or with my wife only.

On the trip over SAS e-mailed me about 24 hours ahead and opted me for buying busiess class for a Price lower than what I paid.

If SAS writes me on the home bound with same offer does anybody know wheter that will jepodarize my refund from OPTIONTOWN?
(I have the mail of no upgrade and promise of refund)

The onloy positive thing I can say about optiontown for the last 3 years is that they always pay me back accordingly (5 days).

But on the other hand I do not get anything for my fee !

(Total of 10 UTOs unsuccesfull)

I start to wonder if SAS are more keen to sell opgrades directly and paying to fee to OPTIONTOWN and ONLY accepts UTO if they not can fill BUSINESS themselves?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:19 am

Hmm, I never got any offer for an upsell directly from SAS and officially they don't do that at all.

Are you sure this is not some kind of scam/phishing?

Anyway, on a trip for 4 getting the upgrade is pretty difficult. In my experience they upgrade solo travelers most of the time, even traveling just as a couple is significantly reducing your chances. (At least in my experience).
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:30 am

Yes I am sure they do try to upsell - they also announced that earlier !Here is a clip from the mail I got, which was fully intergrated with SAS logos and ect. (I only quoted a Little of the text in dansh - and I have actually upgraded succesfully in this way a couple af times)

Quote"Opgradér til SAS Plus eller SAS Business

Nu er der mindre end 24 timer til du/I skal flyve med os.
Vi vil gerne give dig/jer mulighed for at opgradere rejsen på flyvningen mellem København og San Francisco fra SAS Go til SAS Plus, fra kun 1.599 kr per person. Så længe der er pladser, er det muligt at opgradere rejsen op til 8 timer før afrejse, og det er først til mølle!

Med opgraderingen får du/I en endnu mere behagelig rejse. Desuden giver opgraderingen adgang til check-in ved Business-skranken, Fast Track og SAS Lounge i den lufthavn, hvor din opgradering gælder fra*.

Lyder det som noget for dig? Klik på linket nedenfor og køb opgradering.
Bookingnummer XXXXXXXX (PNR: is Xet out by me)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.