Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold
My account, which I had figured had been blocked because I used an anagram solver a couple of times, is now back to normal!
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:06 pm

Flexicon has been re-enabled in my account. no sign of my headphones but I guess I'll eventually get to redeeming for 2500 miles.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:43 pm

Does anybody know if there are limits as to how many miles you can earn?
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Lutz
Does anybody know if there are limits as to how many miles you can earn?
There are none, evidently.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"In an effort to better serve you, we are currently making enhancements to our site. We appreciate your patience during this time and encourage you to return shortly." This after I'd played two Flexicon puzzles and received error messages when the points were supposed to post. I went back to the main page to try another game and got the message. Either they're fixing the problem posted previously, or they're fixing it so we can't rack up so many points.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 4:11 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by roadtripman
There are none, evidently.
Not true actually. There is a maximum number of puzzles per game. They add more occasionally, but you can safely guess that the top score in the leaderboard for each category is close to the highest number available for that game. I think the total number of tickets is around 40k, so you can get ~20k miles.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I'm back in!

Originally Posted by Tmpy
I'm getting a communication error as well when I play the game even though I can sign in. I have never used a bot and only played Flexicon. However at times I might play 2 hours or so and many times had to enter special numbers and letters in a box before continuing. I'm not very fast so I didn't accumulate a lot of points but this is nonsense if they blocked my acct. I am legit!
I'm back in!
I didn't do anything just kept checking this thread. Tried to play today and worked great. Points are accumulating with flexicon. So those of you who kept getting the "communication error" try it now. I almost gave up on Microsoft and thought to myself it's "Google" all the way and I will never use Microsoft's search engine nor Yahoo it it comes to be. I think I had a change of heart!
Old Feb 8, 2008, 6:15 pm

Programs: US, NW, HH Gold, iDine VIP
Originally Posted by Tmpy
I'm back in!
I didn't do anything just kept checking this thread. Tried to play today and worked great. Points are accumulating with flexicon. So those of you who kept getting the "communication error" try it now. I almost gave up on Microsoft and thought to myself it's "Google" all the way and I will never use Microsoft's search engine nor Yahoo it it comes to be. I think I had a change of heart!
Thanks to everyone for posting this - I'm back in too!
Old Feb 9, 2008, 6:22 am

deleted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jun 5, 2009 at 7:51 pm
Old Feb 9, 2008, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shoodawg
Has anyone actually seen AA miles credited to their account from Live?

How long does it take to see them?
For me, about a week longer than the time specified on the Live Search web site. So far I've gotten 5000 miles, with another 2500 imminent. Posts as:

AADVANTAGE --AIR INCENTIVES
Old Feb 9, 2008, 7:01 am

deleted

Last edited by shoodawg; Jun 6, 2009 at 5:01 am
Old Feb 9, 2008, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
For me, about a week longer than the time specified on the Live Search web site. So far I've gotten 5000 miles, with another 2500 imminent. Posts as:

AADVANTAGE --AIR INCENTIVES
I gotta ask, how long did it take you to collect 12,900 tickets for those miles and which games?
Old Feb 9, 2008, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lurker1999
I gotta ask, how long did it take you to collect 12,900 tickets for those miles and which games?
I do Flexicon, but switch to others for a bit when I get bored. I have no idea how long, because it's usually in spurts or while I'm doing something else, and there was a period on inactivity while I waited to see if the miles would post. Flexicon usually only takes a few minutes, because there are so many repeat clues. I rarely have to look something up. One tip, though: make sure you have a moderately fast computer. My old 1.6GHz laptop's fan starts running hard when I'm playing. I checked, and the CPU usage goes up to near 100%, while objects are slow to appear on the screen. I'm guessing they have some time-wasting routines built in so that you don't go too fast.

Last edited by PaulMSN; Feb 9, 2008 at 2:19 pm
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:02 am

Has anyone been able to get into this today?
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by willdallas2003
Has anyone been able to get into this today?
No problems here - though I wish I couldn't - am going crazy bored out of my mind with this - the sacrifices we make for miles!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.