Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live Search Club/Bing -earn up to 2500 miles on various airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:45 pm

Talking

For those who had the "communications error" problem, I received this from Live Search club today:

We want to make sure you are aware that on Tuesday, February 26th, we will be awarding double the tickets for any of the games. Double Ticket Day! Be sure to mark your calendar.

Note: The double tickets will appear in your account within 48 hours, so you will not see them right away.

So rest up those fingers and get playing!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:38 pm

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by twinsflytoo
Double Ticket Day!
But, is the daily limit going to be doubled for that day?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, SWA A+, SPG Titanium, Avis Chairman
Originally Posted by abezebabe
Just to clarify, this appears to be a one time deal, not once per day. Good find anyway.^
Just saw that myself. Oh well. Still a quick 40.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by edlin303
Just saw that myself. Oh well. Still a quick 40.
So, in light of the double tickets day, should I hold off on enLIVEment until next Tuesday?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by kipper
So, in light of the double tickets day, should I hold off on enLIVEment until next Tuesday?
Aren't you smart? It certainly would be worth a try. ^
Old Feb 21, 2008, 7:01 am

Bluetooth keyboard

has anyone cashed in for the keyboard? the reviews I read online say the newer version is far superior to the older one - but there is no way to figure out which keyboard MS is offering - they don't provide a model number
Old Feb 21, 2008, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by twinsflytoo
For those who had the "communications error" problem, I received this from Live Search club today:

We want to make sure you are aware that on Tuesday, February 26th, we will be awarding double the tickets for any of the games. Double Ticket Day! Be sure to mark your calendar.
So, is this going to be avail to everyone who plays Tuesday, or were they able to isolate spefically who was having the communications error? 'cause I did not receive the message about double ticket day.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chuckles
So, is this going to be avail to everyone who plays Tuesday, or were they able to isolate spefically who was having the communications error? 'cause I did not receive the message about double ticket day.
I hadn't read it that way, but now that you mention it, I can see how it could be interpreted that way. I'm hoping it is for everyone. This way, after i have used my daily limit for flexicon, this makes some of the other games "worth it".
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:27 pm

I hadn't read it that way, but now that you mention it, I can see how it could be interpreted that way. I'm hoping it is for everyone. This way, after i have used my daily limit for flexicon, this makes some of the other games "worth it".
The daily limit is for all games FYI, not per game. So if you hit your limit with flex, you can't move on to another. Also, different games seem to give you a different max. I have gotten well over 1000 on one day, and barely 1000 another, without much apparent logic.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by goodie021
has anyone cashed in for the keyboard? the reviews I read online say the newer version is far superior to the older one - but there is no way to figure out which keyboard MS is offering - they don't provide a model number
I ordered one, but it has not arrived yet. I just happened to score the $15 wireless laser set from staples, so now I wish I hadn't wasted so many tickets. Guess I'll have a backup set?
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:01 pm

The daily limit is for all games FYI, not per game. So if you hit your limit with flex, you can't move on to another. Also, different games seem to give you a different max. I have gotten well over 1000 on one day, and barely 1000 another, without much apparent logic.
Might be due their strange definition of a 'day'. See this on the HELP page http://club.live.com/help.aspx

I read this to mean that anything I do after 5:00 PM (MTN time zone) will count towards the next 'day'?

Daily Ticket Limit
Users can win tickets through game play up to the daily ticket limit. Once the user has exceeded this limit they are unable to play games and win tickets until the next day. When determining the next day, Live Search Club uses UTC date/time. The following table will help you determine the start of your UTC day based on your local time zone.

Local Time Zone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start of UTC Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacific 4:00 PM
Mountain 5:00 PM
Central 6:00 PM
Eastern 7:00 PM
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Chuckles
Might be due their strange definition of a 'day'. See this on the HELP page http://club.live.com/help.aspx

I read this to mean that anything I do after 5:00 PM (MTN time zone) will count towards the next 'day'?

Daily Ticket Limit
Users can win tickets through game play up to the daily ticket limit. Once the user has exceeded this limit they are unable to play games and win tickets until the next day. When determining the next day, Live Search Club uses UTC date/time. The following table will help you determine the start of your UTC day based on your local time zone.

Local Time Zone
Good thought, but that's not it. I found the reset time pretty early on.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Aren't you smart? It certainly would be worth a try. ^
I think I will try.

ETA: I just received an email about double points day, so I'll definitely be waiting!

Last edited by kipper; Feb 22, 2008 at 6:57 am
Old Feb 22, 2008, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Good thought, but that's not it. I found the reset time pretty early on.
OK, then what is it? The reset time that is.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
OK, then what is it? The reset time that is.
According to the Help page on their website:

"The following table will help you determine the start of your UTC day based on your local time zone.

Local Time Zone

Start of UTC Day

Pacific 4:00 PM
Mountain 5:00 PM
Central 6:00 PM
Eastern 7:00 PM "

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.