Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by henkybaby
We do! We even have 2 threads permanently dedicated to them. Mostly because we would route this a certain way that makes no sense to an AAddict.
And us AAddicts have good reasons for wanting AA codes :-P
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I was able to add a stop over in JFK for $75, the construction looks HNL-JFK(AA) JFK-ORY(EY).

Somehow, Google flights Allowed me to do it, but it was a big pain to ticket it. Phone agents couldn't add the open skies with EY code, only BA, which ski rockets the price. IB instead if EY works as well. At the end, Google flights found the construction for ticketing with AA directly instead of having to call IB or EY
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Wow, thanks a lot henkybaby!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by 1KHI
I was able to add a stop over in JFK for $75, the construction looks HNL-JFK(AA) JFK-ORY(EY).

Somehow, Google flights Allowed me to do it, but it was a big pain to ticket it. Phone agents couldn't add the open skies with EY code, only BA, which ski rockets the price. IB instead if EY works as well. At the end, Google flights found the construction for ticketing with AA directly instead of having to call IB or EY
Very good trick! It jumps to £15xx halfway through, but goes back to the bargain basement once you select the EC flight exJFK. Only works with that combo as far as I can tell, but great for those wanting to spend a few days in NYC.

Good find and thanks for sharing. ^

PS: You also seem to have to route it as PAR-HNL on the outbound. If you try and force a route or even split it up into two entries, the trick doesn't work anymore.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am looking at an option on aa.com for a 24hrs hold on an itinerary and am wondering, if this actually protects the reservation AND guarantees this fare?

Has anybody been able to book it on aa.com? I am getting like 3K to the West Coast.

Last edited by cesco.g; Apr 30, 2016 at 2:25 pm
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
I am looking at an option on aa.com for a 24hrs hold on an itinerary and am wondering, if this actually protects the reservation AND guarantees this fare?
It definitely does, since this is by no means an EF. A few weeks ago I had an option on HNL fare from MUC and was able to purchase it without a problem even after the fare was "prematurely" pulled out of GDS by AA.

Concerning the views that this deserves to be a new topic, looks like I'm in an overwhelming minority here. So be it, let's create more posts about aircraft configurations, routings etc. that were asked and answered multiple times in other threads.
P.S. I don't get this big amount of "thank you" sayers - even in way more amazing threads with EF that were honored it's not that big. Does it possibly have anything to do with henky's personality? Whatever...
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anybody been able to book it on aa.com? I am getting like 3K to the West Coast.
I think it only works if booked straight out of google flights. You can still put it on hold, I believe. I am sure the fare will be around until May 3rd.

Here is a start. Simply change the dates/destinations and then click on the button next to 'book with American' below.

Last edited by henkybaby; Apr 30, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maxvor
Does it possibly have anything to do with henky's personality? Whatever...
I think it may be your personality that gets in the way... That and the fact that you do not seem to understand how a community of people who like to share information works. In the open. Without talking gibberish that is.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:37 pm

Just search it on ITA and use the script to go directly to booking on AA. I personally find it easier to use also in a sense of routing/timing/metal than AA web-site.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:45 pm

I think it may be your personality that gets in the way... That and the fact that you do not seem to understand how a community of people who like to share information works. In the open. Without talking gibberish that is.
Most probably you're right, so many people cannot be wrong, can they? But my stand is that it just takes a bit of lack of organizational approach that turns a community into a herd. Hence we have moderation (and it's not only to stop people getting personal, right?). But yeah, who will ever touch an "evangelist" without very good reason. Anyways, I'm stopping this pointless discussion and will try to get as much use out of this community in its current form, since I obviously do not have any right even to suggest, not to mention influence, since in the eyes of evangelists I don't contribute enough.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

But my stand is that it just takes a bit of lack of organizational approach that turns a community into a herd. Hence we have moderation (and it's not only to stop people getting personal, right?). But yeah, who will ever touch an "evangelist" without very good reason. Anyways, I'm stopping this pointless discussion and will try to get as much use out of this community in its current form, since I obviously do not have any right even to suggest, not to mention influence, since in the eyes of evangelists I don't contribute enough.
Maybe - and this is well intended advise - you should indeed contribute a bit more before you go spreading the gospel (a pun on the evangelist remark) on how to run (or behave on) an online community. It does matter how many fares you have shared, found, posted.

So far, in this thread, you have done nothing but criticise and complain. I have looked at your history and I do think you haven't earned your stripes yet. Be positive, be constructive but do not play forum police. You can - like many other people - get a lot out of FT but you will not get it if you start acting like this. You seem very knowledgeable on certain aspects of the game so I am sure you could be a valuable contributor. Just try and find the right tone.

Honest and well intended suggestions. I apologise for the personal remark. That was bad form of me. The gibberish referred to the 'trick it' thread I seem to remember you post in. Was a joke, not an insult!

I would appreciate less passive agressiveness too.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Take the L and move on max...continually debating the existence of this thread and wondering why people find it useful because you don't isn't really adding any value at this point.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it only works if booked straight out of google flights. You can still put it on hold, I believe. I am sure the fare will be around until May 3rd.
I got it. Tried Kayak, but did not same results.
And kudos for sharing this great fare! ^

Just search it on ITA and use the script to go directly to booking on AA. I personally find it easier to use also in a sense of routing/timing/metal than AA web-site.
Interesting. How do you exactly use/xfer the script over at/to aa.com?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Glad you found it! The script referred to might be this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...serscript.html

Not sure it works for aa.com, but maybe max talks about another one. This should work for some OTAs. I don't use ITA myself anymore. Great for the fuel dump searches*, but for Premium Fares I find Google to be easier and you can check immediately if it can be booked.

Horses and courses of course.

* I don't do those.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:06 pm

I got it. Tried Kayak, but did not same results.
And kudos for sharing this great fare! ^

Something like this
http://imgur.com/uDCRZow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.