Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 3:24 pm

I'm curious how you could get JFK-LAX in A if the the entire booking is in Biz class?
Old May 2, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by rinipiyan
I'm curious how you could get JFK-LAX in A if the the entire booking is in Biz class?
You can't AFAIK...
Old May 2, 2016, 7:29 pm

Seeing some scattered dates for $1450. Mostly CDG - DFW - LAX - HNL
Old May 3, 2016, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
All the dates in September and October I was looking at are available (out from and back to CDG) but I just can't commit myself just now. But I'm sure this isn't the last nutcase sale we will see. Has anyone any idea where it would get me to if I credited it to airberlin TopBonus?
Old May 3, 2016, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Yes, that price change is inherent to searching on GF. I can work to your advantage as well.

And maxvor, let me compliment you on your great contribution to this thread and the way you help others! We were of to a slightly rocky start, but it looked like I completely misjudged you and I once again apologise! You rock.
Thanks, as you can see, I'm quite happy to help, it is just easier when there is certain structure anyways, glad to have constructive collaboration.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by nyczreklis
Seeing some scattered dates for $1450. Mostly CDG - DFW - LAX - HNL
Actually, not that scattered, quite many of them. I have seen those fares before, but no matter what I tried, none of them seemed bookable, therefore didn't report.
Old May 3, 2016, 3:54 am

I'm wondering if you can do stopover in JFK in first way? For ex. CDG-JFK-LAX-HNL?

It's possible to book on-line or only via phone?

M.
Old May 3, 2016, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ledakar
I'm wondering if you can do stopover in JFK in first way? For ex. CDG-JFK-LAX-HNL?
For around $600 more you can ($2295). Still a great deal but not as great. Start in MAN end in CDG.

For $1978 you can do it on the way back.

There are some more examples in this thread and in the Premium Fares and Tier Point run thread over on the BAEC forum.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by ledakar

It's possible to book on-line or only via phone?

M.
yes you can. I have 5 days in NY before flying on to HNL

my schedule: CDG-JFK (stopover) -LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-CDG

1485 euro via AA (see link on previous page). First leg is ticketed as AY, that's the trick here
Old May 3, 2016, 7:15 am

ok, first one booked and paid!

now looking to book another flight, but again can't seem to price it:

CDG - JFK (AA45) on June 22
JFK - CDG via LHR on the evening of June 26th (either AA104 or BA182)

initially it shows up at around 1400 euro

@maxvor: would you be willing to help me out again?
Old May 3, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: AA PLT
Hoping someone can help me, after years of lurking at these fares I've finally put CDG-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-CDG on hold to get to BA Gold this year!

Now I have a 2hr stopover at JFK on the outbound and 55mins at LAX and pretty similar on the way back.

From what I can tell by searching old threads I am going to need to clear customs when I enter the US and collect my luggage. Does this give me enough time to clear immigration and customs and re-check my baggage for the domestic flights? I guess I have protection with AA but I'm only staying for 2 nights in HNL so it will be chaos if I miss a connection.........
Old May 3, 2016, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Jeffers8, you are asking for misconnects and reroutes. AA is also notoriously bad if you miss your connection, as they will have upgraded every man and his dog for free and therefore only have last minute availability in Y. Protected you are but fly in comfort you will not (necessarily) and original routing credit will be a pain.

Find a route with at least 3hrs in NY and 2 in LAX and travel HBO... You're only in Hawaii for 2 days after all.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:16 am

We booked this yesterday to Hawaii for Christmas. Our first warm Christmas!

We're doing CDG-JFK-LAX-HNL and then the same back. 2.5 hours in JFK to change will hopefully be enough time.

On the way back, HNL-LAX is treated as domestic right? So no need to recheck bags, etc.?
Old May 3, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by cooksey87

We're doing CDG-JFK-LAX-HNL and then the same back. 2.5 hours in JFK to change will hopefully be enough time.

On the way back, HNL-LAX is treated as domestic right? So no need to recheck bags, etc.?
Yes domestic as Hawaii is part of the US.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by cooksey87

2.5 hours is plenty of time in JFK. If there is a storm or something, it will not matter if you have a longer layover.

HNL and LAX are both in the USA, thus, domestic!

Christmas in Hawaii... nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.