Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2016, 12:10 pm

sorry for asking again, but can anyone explain in a simple way how I can ticket this starting with google flights (on AA)? thanks!
Old May 1, 2016, 12:24 pm

Thank you so much Henke. Just booked one for October.

I'm working on another one to MCO in november with my wife and 5 years old (first TATL flight) and would like the old J seat so we can seat all together and we can lock her tight in the middle seat ). I'm very concerned that she won't behave well and will bother the entire plane.
‎I'm crazy to book the old product for that reason ? (especially that I love the "cirrus" on the 777-200 more than the 300, but I'm not a big fan on the "new" J on the 767.

‎Does DFW always served with the 777 old J and and MIA always with the 777 new J ?

CDG-DFW-MIA is Euro 1800, maybe I did something wrong ? ‎
Old May 1, 2016, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by fwerfel
sorry for asking again, but can anyone explain in a simple way how I can ticket this starting with google flights (on AA)? thanks!
Start with searching for a simple CDG-HNL search for the dates you want. Look if the routing you want is part of the choices you are offered.

If yes, select all your flights and then click on the price next to 'book with American' at the bottom.

If you would like to force a different routing you select the multi-city option and add one or two lines. You can only have 2 stopovers in the US. You cannot have one for >24hrs.

You book the same way.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:26 pm

Click here to get to google flights.

(I plugged in CDG-HNL, random dates.)

At the bottom, click book with American.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CGRA
CDG-DFW-MIA is Euro 1800, maybe I did something wrong ? ‎
Why would you do that? CDG-MIA-MCO seems more logical. And CDG-MIA is the old 777, AFAIK. No AA expert or an expert on travelling with an infant. I would think the Cirrus middle seats would work about the same as a pair of old style seats, but I honestly haven't got a clue.

On QR I see parents having a bit of a hard time with the configuration, so I can see what you may mean.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by 110pgl
Click here to get to google flights.

(I plugged in CDG-HNL, random dates.)

At the bottom, click book with American.
I do get this, but I need 4 days in NYC. I do get it prices at 1486 euro in google flights, but it only give the option to book via the phone with IB, not with AA (price around 2000 euro)
Old May 1, 2016, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I do get this, but I need 4 days in NYC. I do get it prices at 1486 euro in google flights, but it only give the option to book via the phone with IB, not with AA (price around 2000 euro)
As stated multiple times: no stopovers > 24hrs allowed. This fare won't work for you. You need the SXM fare unless you also need Hawaii. More information here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...-1245-eur.html

Hold on...

I got it... You want this.

You need an ITA expert who can force this into the AA booking engine with the TATLs (first and last flight) booked as AY or IB or a TA who can book it for you. If you don't know a TA, I can recommend http://www.propellertravel.com/ (a regular here) as they are completely aware of all the crazy stuff we want.

Last edited by henkybaby; May 1, 2016 at 12:49 pm
Old May 1, 2016, 12:50 pm

Sorry I misunderstood.

henky has you hooked up with a way to do it!
Old May 1, 2016, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby

I got it... You want this.

You need an ITA expert who can force this into the AA booking engine with the TATLs (first and last flight) booked as AY or IB or a TA who can book it for you. If you don't know a TA, I can recommend http://www.propellertravel.com/ (a regular here) as they are completely aware of all the crazy stuff we want.
that is indeed exactly what I need (with different dates obviously). I could just book it via Iberia though, right? Never dealt with them on the phone though...
Old May 1, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

that is indeed exactly what I need (with different dates obviously). I could just book it via Iberia though, right? Never dealt with them on the phone though...
I am not sure that would work* but you can certainly try. If you do, please report back how it went! Seriously, please do! ^ For a small fee the TA would take all this off your hands. I never use them, but they say it has some benefits if you do.

* I think someone tried to talk AA or AY into ticketing it this way, without success. I believe he then forced ITA to create a link to aa.com (very complicated and not my thing) and booked it successfully online.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Why would you do that? CDG-MIA-MCO seems more logical. And CDG-MIA is the old 777, AFAIK. No AA expert or an expert on travelling with an infant. I would think the Cirrus middle seats would work about the same as a pair of old style seats, but I honestly haven't got a clue.

On QR I see parents having a bit of a hard time with the configuration, so I can see what you may mean.
Thank you very much.
Last month mia cdg was with the new j on a 777
Old May 1, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thank you very much.
Some people would say that's a good thing.

It is a lottery on AA and in your case I don't think it is one you can lose. I am sure the new config will work too. Need to try it anyway.
Old May 1, 2016, 1:41 pm

Thank you very much.
MIA-CDG-MIA on retrofit ends beginning of May. There are a few consolidated topics in AA forum with current routes on new/refurbished aircrafts, similar to that one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...iscussion.html
Old May 1, 2016, 1:55 pm

I guess you need something like this
http://i11l-services.aa.com/xaa/mseG...DG%2C%2CJFK%2C

You basically need to use AY's INN8S4I1 fare on the part that requires a stopover, and it combines nicely with AA's one, but despite fare rules, looks like there is limited availability open to AY on TATL codeshare, so not all dates will work even when conforming to the rules. If you don't want to call, you can book it via ITA script with advanced routing codes
Old May 1, 2016, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by maxvor
you can book it via ITA script with advanced routing codes
thanks!
Is there a manual on how to do this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.