Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA (OneWorld) ex CDG to USA (incl HNL) €1109/£875 price drop (some South America too)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
If say you held one on AA would the pricing still be there for ticketing within the hold time?
Old May 4, 2016, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
If say you held one on AA would the pricing still be there for ticketing within the hold time?
My experience was that there were no problems at all, some people reported that they had to politely ask AA to ticket it, but there was no refusal from AA's side.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:04 am
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by onlysuites
They did for me. I held some this morning at 08:20 so i could confirm my dates, and got in just before the fare was pulled. The reservation page said I had to call to purchase and ticket, so I called them at about 9:45 and after 20 minutes on hold (while the agent was on hold with the tariff department - i think they were trying to charge me GBP but failed), they did charge me the correct amount in EURO, and it ticketed quickly.
Old May 10, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL DM
I'm new to flyertalk. Hope this is the right forum to post this question. In regards to the CDG sale- I'm trying to shift my departure date one day later from what I originally booked. When I've called up AA, they said change fee will be $300 plus difference in fare which is about $3000. Am I out of options unless I pay this small fortune?
Old May 10, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by polderbaan1836
I'm new to flyertalk. Hope this is the right forum to post this question. In regards to the CDG sale- I'm trying to shift my departure date one day later from what I originally booked. When I've called up AA, they said change fee will be $300 plus difference in fare which is about $3000. Am I out of options unless I pay this small fortune?
Yes, you are, unless they introduce another sale
Old May 10, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
You could also get "lucky" and have a schedule change that allows you to change your flight for free, but do not depend on this. These are more unlikely on BA flights and AA int'l flights.
Old May 10, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
If your flight is the last one of the day, you can "accidentally" miss it and they will likely put you on a flight the next day. Definitely a sub-optimal strategy, though.
Old May 11, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
I wouldn't count on that at international stations. They're very strict, especially at stations with contracted staff. They also run into risk of business class being sold out and be put in coach.

Originally Posted by janetdoe
If your flight is the last one of the day, you can "accidentally" miss it and they will likely put you on a flight the next day. Definitely a sub-optimal strategy, though.
Old May 11, 2016, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by DVT
They did for me. I held some this morning at 08:20 so i could confirm my dates, and got in just before the fare was pulled. The reservation page said I had to call to purchase and ticket, so I called them at about 9:45 and after 20 minutes on hold (while the agent was on hold with the tariff department - i think they were trying to charge me GBP but failed), they did charge me the correct amount in EURO, and it ticketed quickly.
Originally Posted by maxvor
My experience was that there were no problems at all, some people reported that they had to politely ask AA to ticket it, but there was no refusal from AA's side.
^
Old May 11, 2016, 3:09 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
No, no,no

Originally Posted by janetdoe
That is not a good plan. Don't count on it, unless there some kind of disaster, etc.
Old May 11, 2016, 4:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL DM
Originally Posted by rbAA
That is not a good plan. Don't count on it, unless there some kind of disaster, etc.
Appreciate the feedback from all. Looks like I'll have to figure out how to get myself on this flight and in the meantime hope there's an equipment change to the retrofitted 777-200, which is probably just as likely as a schedule change.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:43 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
It would seem this deal is somewhat dead, is this a regular thing AA does? Any reason to keep my hopes for dates in Dec/Jan?
Old May 16, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by boosh
It would seem this deal is somewhat dead, is this a regular thing AA does? Any reason to keep my hopes for dates in Dec/Jan?
They do come back... randomly and maybe not for the same time. Assuming AA put enough butts in seats, it will not come back for these dates. Best to think ahead of time and pull the trigger as soon as possible.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by 110pgl
They do come back... randomly and maybe not for the same time. Assuming AA put enough butts in seats, it will not come back for these dates. Best to think ahead of time and pull the trigger as soon as possible.
Cheers, I have a pretty flexible schedule so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by boosh
Cheers, I have a pretty flexible schedule so that shouldn't be a problem.
In that case, keep an eye on the premium deals... there have been a lot lately to various places at various dates.

Enjoy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.