Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Did you check the vin? Set up a hidden camera? How do you know it was the same vehicle?

Because I know the entire staff at JFK and the attendant I spoke to on Thursday confirmed the same MKZ, not MKS, had been sitting in PS for a week.

I'm not sure why you are being combative towards members who are simply sharing their experiences.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dwbf11
Did you check the vin? Set up a hidden camera? How do you know it was the same vehicle?
pretty hostel post from someone from FT.... I have seen the same car's parked in the Luxury isle when dropping off cars that were sitting there when I got my car. It does happen from time to time.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
pretty hostel post from someone from FT.... I have seen the same car's parked in the Luxury isle when dropping off cars that were sitting there when I got my car. It does happen from time to time.
It could be the same exact car but rental cars (even luxury ones) are rather generic looking and can look alike. My partner has a E350 with Panoramic Roof (fairly rare in an E), yet there are several around town that I often think I'm seeing the car when it's another one.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
It could be the same exact car but rental cars (even luxury ones) are rather generic looking and can look alike. My partner has a E350 with Panoramic Roof (fairly rare in an E), yet there are several around town that I often think I'm seeing the car when it's another one.
Does your partner drive around a car with the same license plate as other E350s around town?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:15 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by chainar1
Does your partner drive around a car with the same license plate as other E350s around town?
Lol - of course not, but when I think I'm seeing the car, I usually haven't seem pan the plate.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Lol - of course not, but when I think I'm seeing the car, I usually haven't seem pan the plate.

That makes sense. Conversely, it's virtually impossible to miss a license plate when a car is parked and being showcased as an upgrade on a rental car lot.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
How are EA/ES these days? My mother in law and grandmother in law will be coming to town soon and I wanted to drive them around the city for a few days of sightseeing to protect them from the cold... wondering if there are any nice options lately.

Also, thanks everyone for the updates on PS. Definitely interesting how things are going here... I don't even think you can make a luxury reservation at JFK even now.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thursday night - around midnight

Looks like JFK renovated since I last several years ago. There's now canopy whereas it used to be an open air ES/EA.

Some minivans, GM sedans., Maxima, Altima. Picked up at 2015 Sonata. Handles very nicely in sport mode.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Monday, 12/8 : 1130

1 x LaCrosse
5 x Malibu (LT/LTZ)
2 x Tahoe (Black, 6K odo, NC plates)
2 x Town & Country
1 x Charger
1 x Durango
1 x Fusion
1 x Sonata
1 x Camry
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1k; AA Ex Plat; National Exe; Marriott Gold; IHG Gold
Dec 18th at 1AM nothing special to report; plenty of bland selections

Executive

3 altimas
2 malibus
2 impalas
1 camery
1 maxima

no leather no working xm raidos

Aisle

2 Jettas (2015 working xm)
1 sonata
malibus
impalas
kia soul
1 chevy equinox
1 jeep compass

maybe another assorted base car or 2
Old Dec 25, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Dec 24

Reserved a full size SUV using my free day and got a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with the Luxury Group II package. Very impressed with the level of luxury with pano sunroof, heated and cooled leather seats, nav, xenon headlamps, and working sxm. Felt way more premium than the X5 I had.

EA: several Souls, Jettas, and Malibus
ES: several Caravans, several Mustang Convertibles, Camaro Convertible, old style Impala, Sonata, Camry, Rogue, Equinox
PS: SRX and QX60
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:56 am

I booked a Full Size SUV at JFK for upcoming June. Does anyone know which cars I can expect? I'd prefer a Tahoe or Denali but is it likely to get one of these cars at JFK?
Do they have a decent Full Size SUV selection?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Blue_note
I booked a Full Size SUV at JFK for upcoming June. Does anyone know which cars I can expect? I'd prefer a Tahoe or Denali but is it likely to get one of these cars at JFK?
Do they have a decent Full Size SUV selection?
Either the GM duo or an expedition. JFK isn't that large of a location so selection off EA/ES is never that great.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by xienon
Either the GM duo or an expedition. JFK isn't that large of a location so selection off EA/ES is never that great.
That's an understatement.

Last time I was there, the ES consisted of four stalls, two of which were empty. Though I think I did grab a Grand Cherokee, as the other choice was a Sebring or something...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 8:14 am

Thanks so far! Well I did book a Full Size SUV, so they should at least have one.
Still, it's best if there are more options in the EA/ES isle.

I'd go for the GM one's. Don't like the expedition that much (as a FFAR).
In my opinion a Grand Cherokee shouldn't be a FFAR either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.