Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:12 am

I still don't get all this complaining about the PS.. I've seen many instances where vehicles on the PS list are still on the aisles. Not to mention, I don't think anyone (except maybe Agero2k5) regularly saw GXAR's and the like on the aisles anyways.

It is possible that the selection has been SLIGHTLY diminished, but it really doesn't seem like that big of a difference.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Coastercameron
I still don't get all this complaining about the PS.. I've seen many instances where vehicles on the PS list are still on the aisles. Not to mention, I don't think anyone (except maybe Agero2k5) regularly saw GXAR's and the like on the aisles anyways.

It is possible that the selection has been SLIGHTLY diminished, but it really doesn't seem like that big of a difference.
So...you've recently seen many vehicles on the PS list on the aisles, yet you don't think anyone, except for Agero2k5, regularly saw PS cars on the aisles before the PS concept was introduced?

Whatever the case, some members, like me, found being EE at National quite beneficial when it came to getting upgrades to elite cars on full-size reservations before PS. In fact, it was quite common for me to get upgrades at stations I frequented prior PS being implemented. I actually don't think it was that uncommon for EEs to get these types of upgrades across the board. Now, however, the selection of cars I can choose from HAS dramatically decreased in that I cannot choose any car on the PS upgrade list, which is actually quite extensive, without having to pay at least an additional $25 a day. So, in the end, it is a big difference and quite a disappointment for people like me who rent 200+ days a year. In fact, I have had numerous managers at various tristate locations inform me that virtually every EE they have spoken to about PS has been disappointed as well.

Let us sulk, man!
Old Nov 14, 2013, 6:31 am

I guess the PS vehicles I am seeing on the aisles still are mostly the suburbans and Yukons. I have also seen a Volvo on the ES as well. What I was getting at is that it seems that Agero is the only one who claims to regularly get Infinitis, BMWs or MB's off the aisles.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:23 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

+1. I'm a bit disappointed with PS but if I can usually find a Premium (300, Taurus, etc) on ES, I'm ok with it.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:13 am

I guess the PS vehicles I am seeing on the aisles still are mostly the suburbans and Yukons. I have also seen a Volvo on the ES as well. What I was getting at is that it seems that Agero is the only one who claims to regularly get Infinitis, BMWs or MB's off the aisles.
Agreed. I have never seen a BMW, MB or anything of that nature on the aisles at any location in the past either. However, I have seen many locations that throw other GXAR and Lux cars, like G37s, Touaregs, XTSs, ATSs, MKZs, MKSs, S60s, XC60s, etc, on ES. This was more common at stations throughout Florida, which is where I think Agero predominantly rents.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chainar1
Agreed. I have never seen a BMW, MB or anything of that nature on the aisles at any location in the past either. However, I have seen many locations that throw other GXAR and Lux cars, like G37s, Touaregs, XTSs, ATSs, MKZs, MKSs, S60s, XC60s, etc, on ES. This was more common at stations throughout Florida, which is where I think Agero predominantly rents.
I have seen them and rented BMW and Volvo's at National and they are Pcars.. My last was a Volvo XC60.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
I picked up a car this Monday, and drooped it off Thursday, the same MKS was sitting there with a 50$ upgrade charge, this whole premier selection is nuts
Old Nov 15, 2013, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by fresar
I picked up a car this Monday, and drooped it off Thursday, the same MKS was sitting there with a 50$ upgrade charge, this whole premier selection is nuts
Ha! Saw the same car on Wednesday night. What's even funnier is that there are three, literally three, more MKZs in the back of the lot waiting to be put in PS.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 5:42 am

BMWs and Volvos are not PCARs. The S60 and XC60 are both GXAR, as are most of the BMWs. This is a much higher class than PCAR.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:21 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by fresar
Did you check the vin? Set up a hidden camera? How do you know it was the same vehicle?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

BMWs and Volvos are not PCARs. The S60 and XC60 are both GXAR, as are most of the BMWs. This is a much higher class than PCAR.
I rented one out of BTV (Burlington, Vt) which had a NY plate, on the key tag it was tagged as a Pcar. Also, I was not up charged for the car from a Full Size car either...
Old Nov 15, 2013, 8:39 pm

The upcharge and Premier Selection rules may be different at franchises, which if I recall correctly from another thread, BTV is. It sounds like they may have given you a corporate car for some reason, ex perhaps for a one-way to a corporate store?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
The upcharge and Premier Selection rules may be different at franchises, which if I recall correctly from another thread, BTV is. It sounds like they may have given you a corporate car for some reason, ex perhaps for a one-way to a corporate store?
went from Burlington to Stamford Ct, which was in a Sheraton hotel doubt it was a corp. store
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:28 am

Stamford is almost certainly corporate. It's the sister neighborhood store to HPN, seems to have a lot of National-barcoded cars with NJ plates driving around nearby, accepts the FL driveout, and other one-way rates can be decent.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:13 am

The XC60 is most definitely not a PCAR at least in the corporate ecosystem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.