Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Any recent updates? Headed there later this week

I haven't been there since the last report I did but I can guarantee the choices will be one of these options in no specific order:

Dodge Journey
Dodge Charger
Ford fusion of various trims like SE, SE with titanium appearance package, optional ecoboost engine, titanium and hybrids of both.
Ford edge
Toyota camery
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep grand Cherokee ( sometimes)
Nissan Altima
Nissan maxima
Nissan rogue
Nissan murano
Various pickup trucks
Nissan pathfinder
Jeep renegade ( sometimes put in the exec but mostly emerald)
Crysler 300 ( rarely but I've taken them there)
Best thing I've seen on the aisle that is besides the X3 promotion has been the Audi Q3 once.

Sometimes seen on aisle:
Mustang in the hardtop and convertible. Seen a GT once.
Camaro base trim
Challenger base trim
Ford Explorer

Honestly I don't like this one and prefer LGA if given the option.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Closingracer
I haven't been there since the last report I did but I can guarantee the choices will be one of these options in no specific order:

Dodge Journey
Dodge Charger
Ford fusion of various trims like SE, SE with titanium appearance package, optional ecoboost engine, titanium and hybrids of both.
Ford edge
Toyota camery
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep grand Cherokee ( sometimes)
Nissan Altima
Nissan maxima
Nissan rogue
Nissan murano
Various pickup trucks
Nissan pathfinder
Jeep renegade ( sometimes put in the exec but mostly emerald)
Crysler 300 ( rarely but I've taken them there)
Best thing I've seen on the aisle that is besides the X3 promotion has been the Audi Q3 once.

Sometimes seen on aisle:
Mustang in the hardtop and convertible. Seen a GT once.
Camaro base trim
Challenger base trim
Ford Explorer

Honestly I don't like this one and prefer LGA if given the option.
Thanks. Turns out Avis rates are now much more competitive than when I originally booked with National. Might end up doing a backup with Avis since I know PC status there will get me something decent
Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Thanks. Turns out Avis rates are now much more competitive than when I originally booked with National. Might end up doing a backup with Avis since I know PC status there will get me something decent

Eh I've rent from Avis there sometimes because price is cheaper as well but typically I usually get what I reserve. I once got a Buick LaCrosse on a premium reservation Which is a luxury car with them. It actually wasn't bad and probably wouldn't even complain on a lux res getting one of these considering the trim. The only other time I got a decent car on a res was getting a Charger R/T on a full size reservation ( it's a specialty car with Avis). Granted I'm only preferred with them.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:56 am

Was here last night and there was nothing here. I had a luxury res for two days and they were originally going to give me an Audi A8 but couldn't find the keys and since I wanted a sedan because I didn't want to pay for gas and only thing left was an Audi Q7 and a BMW X3 ( with the M sport package). Since I was going to end up in a SUV I took the Q7 and they offered a tank of gas for the trouble.

On the ES:

Mini vans and a Dodge Journey

On the EA: a lone ford focus
Old Aug 15, 2017, 11:59 am

any minivans or other big cars ever on the aisle?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by jr611
any minivans or other big cars ever on the aisle?

Yeah I've seen Ford Taurus, Buick LaCrosse l, crysler 300, Dodge charger and mini vans in the aisle at JFK.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Closingracer
Yeah I've seen Ford Taurus, Buick LaCrosse l, crysler 300, Dodge charger and mini vans in the aisle at JFK.
on the regular EA?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:43 pm

on the regular EA?

on the aisle I've seen them very rarely with the exception of Mini vans. I've seen them there and I have taken a Chevy impala once on the EA.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: SU Bonus, SK EBG, BD Silver, HH Diamond
If renting late in the evening (around 22.00), will EA contain less "good" cars or more ?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Xevus
If renting late in the evening (around 22.00), will EA contain less "good" cars or more ?

It's hit or miss TBH. At that time it depends on how many cars they have in Stock. Safe bets would be jeep compass, Altima, Corolla and Ford Fusion.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:11 pm

anybody know why it wont let me reserve a one way from here and return in manhattan next week?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
anybody know why it wont let me reserve a one way from here and return in manhattan next week?
Labor day weekend.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:27 pm

Certain times of year (usually major holiday period), you cannot do one way rentals from NYC area airports; that is rent at LGA or Kennedy and return in Manhattan. At least not via any sort of online reservation. Sometimes it *MAY* go through if done via telephone or in person.

Though haven't seen one in a while, also around major holidays NYC area airport rentals will slap some sort of "one way fee" onto reservations as well. First time that happened was able to get a manager to take it off before leaving LGA; again haven't seen it since.

Things can also vary by how far in advance one books the reservation. Have made reservations for LGA at holidays months in advance with no problems about being a "one way rental".

Cannot promise this will work, but sometimes at the counter when completing the transaction the rep can change the drop off location. This even when the system wouldn't let the reservation go through as wanted.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sunday night 2000 - 19 degrees
Two Mustangs
Camaro
Explorer Limited
Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Other sedans
Nissan Murano
X3

Got into the Fusion Titanium Hybrid as I was making a 300 mile one way but the X3 pulled up. Even thought it had 26,000 miles, couldn't resist taking it out for a long road trip.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:28 am

Hi all! I am new to Emerald Club Executive, hoping to get a minivan at JFK on an upcoming reservation, just wanted to check in to see if minivans have been spotted in the ES aisle lately?

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.