Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 8:43 am

Finally got time to complete my moving trip. Pretty solid selections on Saturday afternoon at JFK. Saw a few facelifted Mustangs, one Caddy CT4(maybe CT5), Q5, A6, and Genesis G80 on ES.

Was about to take G80, but it has 18k miles on the odometer, so I took the A6 with ~800 miles instead. It's a 24 45 Premium Plus and has ACC with lane guidance. Rides smoother than an A5 and has better gas mileage on interstates than the Q3 I drove last week. Very big trunk & comfortable rear seats. My only complaint is the cushion in the front seats is too short.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by SinglePenguin
Finally got time to complete my moving trip. Pretty solid selections on Saturday afternoon at JFK. Saw a few facelifted Mustangs, one Caddy CT4(maybe CT5), Q5, A6, and Genesis G80 on ES.

Was about to take G80, but it has 18k miles on the odometer, so I took the A6 with ~800 miles instead. It's a 24 45 Premium Plus and has ACC with lane guidance. Rides smoother than an A5 and has better gas mileage on interstates than the Q3 I drove last week. Very big trunk & comfortable rear seats. My only complaint is the cushion in the front seats is too short.
No extendable thigh bolster? The A4 Premium Plus I had last week did.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by funnyfarm299
I was thinking the same. The A5 I drove last month also has a manual thigh bolster. Maybe the A6 has a powered one but I didn't know how to operate it.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by funnyfarm299
I rented an A4 recently in NY and I don’t think it had a thigh bolster. But I only had it for 12 hours so I didn’t get a chance to play with it
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Lots of different choices in ES: A5, A3, Q5, 228i, Palisade, CX-30, Wrangler 4xe, G70, XT4, Forester
EA: Taos, Edge, Tundra, Forester, Mustang plus the usual sedans and midsize SUVs.

Old Feb 13, 2024, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by xienon
Lots of different choices in ES: A5, A3, Q5, 228i, Palisade, CX-30, Wrangler 4xe, G70, XT4, Forester
EA: Taos, Edge, Tundra, Forester, Mustang plus the usual sedans and midsize SUVs.

Very interested in that Boxster in the bottom left... Technically National does have categories of luxury sports car/exotic sports car, but in my experience they're almost never available. I actually reserved it once in Vegas - "Luxury Sports Car - Porsche Cayman or Similar". However, when I went up to the attendant to ask for my car, the guy looked at me like I had 3 heads and had no idea how he was going to satisfy my reservation. I ended up leaving and going to Hertz where they conveniently had a 911 ready to be rented
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by wal5036
Very interested in that Boxster in the bottom left... Technically National does have categories of luxury sports car/exotic sports car, but in my experience they're almost never available. I actually reserved it once in Vegas - "Luxury Sports Car - Porsche Cayman or Similar". However, when I went up to the attendant to ask for my car, the guy looked at me like I had 3 heads and had no idea how he was going to satisfy my reservation. I ended up leaving and going to Hertz where they conveniently had a 911 ready to be rented
That Boxster had an Enterprise Exotics $300 upcharge sign on the dashboard.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:04 pm

1st photo is EA. Next 2 photos are ES. Good selection as usual at JFK, too bad rates/taxes at JFK are much higher at JFK than LGA.

Old Feb 19, 2024, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
Good selection as usual at JFK, too bad rates/taxes at JFK are much higher at JFK than LGA.
Planning my spring break trip and I found that the rate at JFK is actually much cheaper than EWR. $100+ cheaper for a weekly rental, and JFK is still a few bucks cheaper than LGA.
I guess $100 might be worth it to stay with the NYC traffic and toll fees for me, especially when seeing that the good selections of JFK.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:45 pm

Does anyone have experience on whether National will hold a car for late flights? I have an international flight arriving at 11 PM in June, and the JFK branch closes at 11:59. Considering the customs waiting time and the air train, should I just stay at a hotel nearby and come back in the morning?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.