Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2021, 11:28 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by Hoof Hunter
So, looks like National is restocking the supply. Wanted to give back some information to FT.
Thanks! I have a rental booked later in August at JFK (EE aisle) and all these reports of lack of rental cars is making me a bit nervous. I am doing a one-way rental to ALB, so Uber/Lyft are not an option. Hopefully the JFK supply will be restocked even more over the next month.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Nope, but I'm picking up someone early at JFK tomorrow. Instead of waiting at the cell phone lot (if I remember) I'll swing by National and take a look.
I am sorry I didn't make it My friend's flight was delayed (for a totally preventable reason) late enough that I was unable to go pick her up.

-J.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:32 am

Any recent availability reports?
Old Aug 2, 2021, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
A few weekends ago

ES
2x Mustang convertibles
Jeep Compass Limited
Toyota RAV4 (not sure of trim)
Hyundai Sonata
VW Atlas (about to go on ES)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Chevy Malibu

EA
Buick SUV (the small one)
Hyundai Kona
Old Nissan Rogue (not the remodeled new ones)
Hyundai Elantra

Premier (But with no price tags but locked)
GMC Yukon Denali
Audi A5 Sportback (not the S-line)

In the back and locked
Range Rover Sport
Audi Q7
2x Audi Q5
3x BMW 3s
SinglePapa2, Brandinho1 and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Dropped by 30 minutes before close in the middle of July on a Sunday night and the lot was nearly bare. Scrounged up a BMWX2 sitting in the premium selection spot and agent just let me have it. It was a 2020 with 30k plus miles on it and later a brake issue ( more of a warning message ). It’s now a coin flip if you will get a 2021 vehicle at any location lol.

xienon and Ordpc like this.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Executive selection and emerald were bare last weekend. The guys were homeys though and found a good car around back for me
Old Aug 20, 2021, 2:40 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Avis Chairmans Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
I was at JFK 8/14/21 about 7am. Lots were nearly bare.

Executive had a Mitsubishi Outlander sport with 47500 miles on it. That's what I ended up with. Other vehicle was a 2019 Dodge Charger that reeked of weed and had 38000 miles.

Emerald had a 2020 Corolla but the keys were missing.

When I returned later that day about 7pm the lot was still empty, and they were bringing vehicles out 1 by 1.
Ordpc likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
I was there evening of 8/18. Lot was maybe 25% full. We had a reserved a "premium" category and I asked an attendant which cars were eligible for that. He pointed to a BMW 5-series and said he'd get the keys. Not complaining about that.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: Platinum Medallion Delta SkyMiles, National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Another quick JFK report from Fri. 8/20 at approx. 5:30 - 6 pm. Executive Aisle was fairly populated at that time with approx. 25-30 cars/SUVs of all sizes, most of the Toyota/Hyundai/Kia/Nissan variety, but I spotted an Audi Q3 with ~ 8k miles on it and grabbed it.

Premium Selection had approx 2 options (BMW and Range Rover, I think).

Nothing fancy, but the aisle was stocked with various options. Major difference from 6-9 months ago
Auto Enthusiast, Ordpc and Kevin L like this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Had a Premium Elite SUV reservation and tried to go for the Navigator but that was a no. Ended up with a 2019 Q7 which drove excellent but was just old ( in rental car terms ). My first time driving the Q7 and I enjoyed it, makes me hope to drive a 2022 next year.

Old Nov 12, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
On the lot a couple weeks ago were your typical cars but couple models that stuck out to me:

On ES 2022 Hyundai Sonata Limited (complete with digital dash with rear cameras when using the turn signals) with ACC and auto steering.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia - about 5 or 6 of them in the back. Only one had ACC with auto steering and panoramic sunroof, 1 had ACC with no auto steering and panoramic sunroof, the rest had regular cruise control and no sunroof. Station said these were brand new. They look really nice.

PS:
2020 BMW X7 with heated and cooled seats, no HUD.
Several 2021 BMW 740s, one with Nappa leather (none had HUDs). One in PS, the rest were in the back.

In the back:
2022 Audi Q7
2021 or 2022 BMW 530
2021 BMW X3
Several 2021 Audi Q5s
Tesla Model S
Some Lincoln SUV.
Hyundai Kona EV
Old Mar 4, 2022, 8:53 pm

Picked up today for a weekend getaway. JFK had cheaper rates than the local neighborhood locations which is always a plus since the airports usually have more inventory. I'm executive status and reserved a Premium SUV. The app tells me I can skip the counter and go straight to the car. However, this location holds the keys at the front desk so you have to speak to a representative anyway. I was given a 2020 Ford Expedition. I like the Expedition so I was okay with it. The driver's door wouldn't open though. Spent 10 mins with a lot attendant trying to figure it out. They then offered me a 2019 GMC Yukon XL but noticed it's two front windows were down. I'm usually spoiled with newer models so I asked if I can have a Navigator that was parked in Premium Select since the other big SUVs had problems.

At first I was told I need proof of insurance and it'll cost more since it's considered "exotic". No idea that was considered as such. Then a manager was made aware of the situation by the lot agent and was told by the manager that all they need from me was proof of insurance and I can leave with it. Sounds like a deal. While trying to figure my log in out on my app, the manager told me don't worry about the insurance, we have a 2021 GMC Yukon Denali XL available for you. Even better. I find the new Yukon/Tahoe models to be a huge improvement over the previous gens. They even offered to waive the "return full" requirement. Definitely got that one in writing. Lol. Overall, a pleasent experience with the staff here. What should have been a 20-25 process, became and hour plus but was handled well by amazing employees. Very happy with them. And the Yukon is a pleasure to drive as well. The Yukon Denali is classified as a WZAR and I had a PFAR reservation

Navigator I tried to get right there in the middle.

My original Ford PFAR and the older Yukon. Drivers window on Yukon was rolled down after the photo and wouldn't go back up.

Denali XL
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
Did a 3 day rental from 03/18-03/21.

Exec Selection had a few SUV's, sedans, and a Charger but not much in premium options. Ultimately chose a 2022 Audi A3 with 3,500 miles over a 2021 Mini Countryman as it's far easier to find parking in Manhattan with the small size of the A3. I did see a BMW 750i and a X7 5.0 in premium selection that, on another trip, I would have been tempted by.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:00 pm

Came to lot at 3:30pm on 4/10. Only three vehicles available in EA - a Charger, '22 Sorento, and a F150 4x4 crewcab (lol). Saw a few Yukons in the back, lot was pretty bare otherwise. Took the Sorento, since I was gonna be with 2 others.

Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:49 pm

my post was deleted for some reason?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.