Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by 2Labs
Good selection tonight at JFK again. While I *really* wanted to take the Challenger R/T on the lot, I took the brand new Volvo XC90. It was a really nice vehicle ... great seats, excellent power, automatic cruise, pilot assist, android auto, heads up display and more.

I have a great relationship with my local National/Enterprise office and try to bring them back cars they want in their inventory. In exchange, they give me excellent cars when I am looking for something special.

Todays inventory at JFK included: Challengers base & R/T, chargers base & R/T, vw atlas, Nissans, a good selection of SUV'S and sedans. JFK can be hit or miss some days, today was a great selection day.
Ugh, I was going to rent a car for the weekend this morning, but I am going to use my grandparents' car instead. The XC90 is very nice but it would have been too much truck for me on this trip. That Charger R/T (or even the Challenger R/T) would have been a ton of fun.

-J.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Ugh, I was going to rent a car for the weekend this morning, but I am going to use my grandparents' car instead. The XC90 is very nice but it would have been too much truck for me on this trip. That Charger R/T (or even the Challenger R/T) would have been a ton of fun.

-J.
My rentals from JFK and LGA are always one-way back to OXC, and like yesterday, are returned on the same day if I have an early NYC arrival. With our corporate rate, it's cheaper for me to rent one way than it is to get an Uber or Lyft to or from the airport - even with the toll and fuel costs for the rental. Plus this really helps me increase my free days pretty quickly.

For each work trip I take, I'm getting at least 3 credits towards free days (As EE, I get 1 free day with every 5 rentals). Add in the current OneTwo Free promo, and I am double stacking free days as quickly as I can.

Now when I rent from the airport where I have the work trip, I'm always looking for something fun. I've had great luck the past few months with Mustang Convertibles, Challenger R/T's as well as a brand new Audi A5SB on my trip to Nashville earlier this week.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Anybody rent here recently?

-J.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: Mosaic. AA Gold, National EE, Avis PC
Yes.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: Platinum Medallion Delta SkyMiles, National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite

-J.
Yeah, picked up late night Christmas Eve (approx. 11:30 pm). As expected, in EA, pickings were very slim, like 3 cars slim. I had to grab a Chevy Equinox, as the other options were much smaller.

There were SUVs in the Emerald aisle, but according to the agent, there were specifically being held for folks that reserved SUVs.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hoof Hunter
Yeah, picked up late night Christmas Eve (approx. 11:30 pm). As expected, in EA, pickings were very slim, like 3 cars slim. I had to grab a Chevy Equinox, as the other options were much smaller.

There were SUVs in the Emerald aisle, but according to the agent, there were specifically being held for folks that reserved SUVs.
Yikes. Glad I drove my own car today!

-J.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
2020 BMW 330i

Really liked how it handles around corners and in the snow.

Ordpc likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:38 pm

I picked up from National at JFK this past Thursday and it was the best selection I have ever seen there ... and maybe at any National in the past few years.

There was an excellent variety of vehicles in the Executive Aisle includin sedans, SUV's, sports cars, Jeeps and more. I grabbed a new (under 2,000 miles) loaded Audi Q5 including a panaromic sunroof. There were a few more Q5's, Chrysler Minivan, 3 Jeep Wranglers, Audi A5 sedan, Volvo Sedan, Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees, Infinity Q60, Mustang Convertibles -- including a lime green one! A couple of Cadillac sedans and XT5 - along with a few nice upgrade vehicles.

It's like JFK hit the lotto with delivery trucks!

joepa26 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:32 am

Looks more likely JFK hit the lotto on inbound one-ways, since most cars have out of state plates. Ex the minivan from TX. If it had been delivery trucks, most cars would have been brand new, and probably with local NY/NJ/CT plates. Your photo shows just a few.

I passed by the JFK National lot on the Airtrain a few weeks ago. It seemed to be mostly small (Nissan Frontier) and large (Ford F150, Dodge Ram) pickup trucks. Most seemed to have Northeast Corridor plates, ex CT, MD, etc. It's amazing how quickly inventory can change.

On a different note, it seems all the cars have an Avis-style swing EZ Pass box glued to the windshield. I recall National used to use suction cup EZ Pass holders, for ease of switching between cars, especially those one-wayed in from non EZ Pass states. Has something indeed changed here?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
I picked up from National at JFK this past Thursday and it was the best selection I have ever seen there ... and maybe at any National in the past few years.

There was an excellent variety of vehicles in the Executive Aisle includin sedans, SUV's, sports cars, Jeeps and more. I grabbed a new (under 2,000 miles) loaded Audi Q5 including a panaromic sunroof. There were a few more Q5's, Chrysler Minivan, 3 Jeep Wranglers, Audi A5 sedan, Volvo Sedan, Cherokee's and Grand Cherokees, Infinity Q60, Mustang Convertibles -- including a lime green one! A couple of Cadillac sedans and XT5 - along with a few nice upgrade vehicles.

It's like JFK hit the lotto with delivery trucks!

Very nice selection.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:50 am

2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Great vehicle to have in the snow. First time I have grabbed one of these Wrangler’s. I don’t think I would choose this in the summer however.

xienon likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Looks more likely JFK hit the lotto on inbound one-ways, since most cars have out of state plates. Ex the minivan from TX. If it had been delivery trucks, most cars would have been brand new, and probably with local NY/NJ/CT plates. Your photo shows just a few.

I passed by the JFK National lot on the Airtrain a few weeks ago. It seemed to be mostly small (Nissan Frontier) and large (Ford F150, Dodge Ram) pickup trucks. Most seemed to have Northeast Corridor plates, ex CT, MD, etc. It's amazing how quickly inventory can change.

On a different note, it seems all the cars have an Avis-style swing EZ Pass box glued to the windshield. I recall National used to use suction cup EZ Pass holders, for ease of switching between cars, especially those one-wayed in from non EZ Pass states. Has something indeed changed here?
Yes they are moving to the swing style EZ Pass Box and no longer charging to the daily use - at least as far as I can tell on the use charge. Just remember to open it before you pass through a toll.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes they are moving to the swing style EZ Pass Box and no longer charging to the daily use - at least as far as I can tell on the use charge. Just remember to open it before you pass through a toll.
With Hertz and Avis with the swing/slide-out pass, there is a daily fee in addition to the toll costs. I can't imagine National wouldn't have this daily fee as well, but props to them if it is indeed the case.

-J.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Great vehicle to have in the snow. First time I have grabbed one of these Wrangler’s. I don’t think I would choose this in the summer however.
Wranglers are actually great in the summer! You can easily take the panels above the driver and passengers off and you have a semi-convertible.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by xienon
Wranglers are actually great in the summer! You can easily take the panels above the driver and passengers off and you have a semi-convertible.
Yeah biggest gripe with that when traveling is where I would put the panels? I don’t own a car and I am based in EZE so when I am renting I am at hotels. Maybe I can ask for the Jeep suite at my next Bonvoy property 😆

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.