Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:42 pm

Programs: na
hi

Originally Posted by pjm1300
I have a reservation on Saturday the 17th at 8am and am looking to snag a G37 or Caddy. Any know what is currently around at JFK? I have a premium res and am Exec/AMEX Plat.

Thoughts?
jfk has very horrible selections seriously.if you want a luxury good luck on that cuz that location is very rude staffing also they will overcharge you for a luxury that you want like a cts or a g37.my suggestion is to rent from avis at jfk to get something that you really want.those people at jfk national are greedy and they will refuse to give you a luxury even if you ask cuz they make profits on upgrading non emerald members of any kind that walks into their counter which is very unfair.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Post-Holiday Update?

All,

Any updates on selection at JFK? Club member (Midsize) renting Tuesday morning @ 10AM...
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by nycatl
All,

Any updates on selection at JFK? Club member (Midsize) renting Tuesday morning @ 10AM...
Hope I'm not committing some FT faux pas by answering my own post (is that like speaking of yourself in the 3rd person?). Anyway...here is what was available on Tuesday of this past week @ JFK approx. 10AM...

A decent mix of vehicles - the attendant let me help myself

ES : Malibu, Impala, Traverse, Camry

EA : Multiple 200's, Jetta, Altima, Grand Caravan, Explorer, Journey, Durango (my selection - 14K miles, with sat, back-up display)

Specialty : Sentra, looked like an Lincoln MKX, other "green" small vehicles.

Typically, I would have taken the Explorer (as a Ford preference), but, based upon the other reviews here of the Chrysler family products, especially the fact that they more often then not seem to have working sat, and that my client has affiliation with Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, went with the Durango. Drove nicely (from JFK to Bergen County and around...229 miles total 1/2 tank of gas)...native of NYC had not been back since 9/11, got sticker shock on the $12 to cross the Hudson (return to LGA) and $6.50 for the RFK (Triboro)!!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:23 am

Hey, my first post over here (long-time lurker).

Picked up on Fri 2/10 @ 12:30. In my opinion, that was one of the best selection at JFK.

EA: Lots of Impalas and Malibus any color and trim (even saw couple of LTZ's), some Hyundais, Kias, 1 Jeep Patriot. Overall, nothing really exciting.

ES:
-Crown Vic
-2012 Traverse LT
-Mazda Cx-7
-2012 Ford Taurus x2 (one with leather, both without Nav)
-VW CC around 14K miles (leather/Nav)
-2012 Hyundai Genisis with 5K miles (grabbed this one, no Navi though)
-2012 Toyota Avalon with 500 (five hundred) miles on clock (leather)
-2012 Toyota Camry with 1,500 miles (no leather, but had Navi)
-Chrysler 200 convertible
-2012 Buick LaCrosse with around 500 miles (with a nice smell of a new car)
- and couple of more Full-size cars.

Premium:
-2 2012 Chrysler 300's (one of them was Ltd.). Btw, I saw them both on ES on 1/27).

Spec:
-Mustang conv

Last edited by Lenin; Feb 13, 2012 at 12:09 pm Reason: spelling
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Wow nice selection above, was at JFK earlier in the week and I snagged a Malibu LTZ out of a sea of garbage. Lots of high mileage Impalas and one Crown Vic.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:33 am

Usually on Fridays they have pretty good selection around noon. On Fri 1/27 @3PM I managed to get Durango Crew on ES. They had a lot of SUVs that day + couple of vans.
Returning on Monday 1/30, I noticed they had BMW 3 on Spec and couple of Suburbans/Yukons on ES (which they always try to charge extra on weekends).
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:09 pm

2/13 12PM

Half-empty lot

EA: Impalas, 200's, etc.

ES: just 4 cars
-Tahoe
-Ford Flex
-Crown Vic
-Ford Expedition

On the lot for premium cars saw an Altima(!?) and some other car.

Spec:
-Mustang conv
-Camaro
-Challenger
-Fiat 500 (x2)
and something else.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:04 am

Programs: na
Originally Posted by Lenin
2/13 12PM

Half-empty lot

EA: Impalas, 200's, etc.

ES: just 4 cars
-Tahoe
-Ford Flex
-Crown Vic
-Ford Expedition

On the lot for premium cars saw an Altima(!?) and some other car.

Spec:
-Mustang conv
-Camaro
-Challenger
-Fiat 500 (x2)
and something else.
a fiat 500 in the specialty aisle haaa!!! haaa!! thats a big laugh in the face to jfk.those cars here in florida are in the EA aisles all kind of trimming including the convertible ones and an altima in premium lol how funny those are full size car look at the sticker it says fcar instead of pcar.wow jfk is horrible thats why i rent with avis when im up in the NYC tri state cuz they have the worse cars selection in every aisle.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
February 17 @ 8:30am

Selection Sucked:

Emerald Aisle:
4 Base Dodge Avengers (all very low mileage)
3 Chevy Impalas (one limited)
1 VW Jetta
1 Nissan Altima
1 Hyundai Sonata (Sonata was the highest mileage and oldest car but I took it as it was the only car with working XM and I had a 6 hour one-way rental)

ES:
Worse than EA (only 6 total vehicles)
1 Chrysler Town & Country
1 Brand-new Toyota Avalon
4 Small SUV's (various makes/models
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:23 am

Yeah, Fri 17 was really bad. Was there @ noon:

Didn't look at EA, as it was regular cars over there.

ES: some small SUV, Maxima (no leather, no touchscreen), Camry, Avalon, Lacrosse (took it, fully loaded, but with 16K miles) and some other cars.

They explained the poor selection due to the holiday. Will check next weekend if it was true.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:23 am
VBF

Programs: MVPG 75K, National Exec
Feb. 18 around 8:30 am the place was wiped clean.

There were two cars on the EA an Altima and something similar.

The ES consisted of three cars, an STS, a DTS, and an XC70. While not the widest selection, the selection was great for being so limited.

Also saw a Tahoe and an Expedition on the lot. Other than that the place looked like the parking lot of an abandoned mall.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:39 pm

Feb. 20, Monday @ 12PM

ES:
-Suburban (x2)
-Buick LaCrosse (loaded)
-Hyindai Sonata
-Crown Vic
-Acadia SLT
-Altima
and couple of other cars, which I don't remember.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: National EE, Hertz PC
An exciting new $2.25/day surcharge has been added to JFK rentals as of Mar. named "TRANSPORTATION FACILITY CHARGE".

Hertz.com shows it too, Enterprise doesn't.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
APR 11 10PM
EA
Altimas
Altima Coupe
Beetle

ES
Flex
Suburban
Another large GM SUV (wasn't Tahoe)
Old Apr 12, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: Southwest AList, National EC Exec, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz 5S
Originally Posted by seawolf
APR 11 10PM
EA
Altimas
Altima Coupe
Beetle

ES
Flex
Suburban
Another large GM SUV (wasn't Tahoe)
I imagine that must have been a Traverse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.