Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:11 am
Moderator: National Car

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by Closingracer
With the Durango and enclave it's 2-3-2. Haven't seen those 2 with captain chairs
Premium SUV is not the same as Premium crossover. Also, the Enclaves all have Captain's chairs, not a middle bench. The Durango depends on trim level.

As KevinMD reported, the Suburban/Yukon XL is typically offered in a 2-2-3 configuration as are the Ford Expeditions in Limited (higher end) trim. If 8 passengers are a must, try the Ford Expedition EL in XLT trim. I've seen those almost exclusively with a middle bench (2-3-3). You can pick those apart from the Limiteds by their wheels (they are dark silver and black, versus the Limited's highly polished aluminum) and cloth seating.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Premium SUV is not the same as Premium crossover. Also, the Enclaves all have Captain's chairs, not a middle bench. The Durango depends on trim level.

As KevinMD reported, the Suburban/Yukon XL is typically offered in a 2-2-3 configuration as are the Ford Expeditions in Limited (higher end) trim. If 8 passengers are a must, try the Ford Expedition EL in XLT trim. I've seen those almost exclusively with a middle bench (2-3-3). You can pick those apart from the Limiteds by their wheels (they are dark silver and black, versus the Limited's highly polished aluminum) and cloth seating.

Yeah I just realized lol. Was half awake when I wrote that.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:39 pm

I've found the Suburban LT to be likely to have the bench seating for 8 rather than the LTZ's.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Selection at EE yesterday around 11 am was mostly Impalas, Explorers, turbo Mustangs, Fusions, Tauruses, Infinti QX70, QX30. Curiously, there were 3-4 Camaro SS's, and the only reason I didn't pick one is because I had it last week as well.
I picked a Charger with the Hemi V6, whose only problem is that it doesn't have a rear view camera.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
As a newly minted Executive Elite, how does this ES work? When I booked a reservation the online system shows:

Emerald Aisle
Aisle Choice

Book this car class, you will be able to choose any car from Emerald Aisle"

Unless you flash your membership card or how does this work. I don't see an option for Executive Selection?

Also $50 a day is around average for LA?

Last edited by YoungSoloTraveler; Jul 22, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
As a newly minted Executive Elite, how does this ES work? When I booked a reservation the online system shows:

Emerald Aisle
Aisle Choice

Book this car class, you will be able to choose any car from Emerald Aisle"

Unless you flash your membership card or how does this work. I don't see an option for Executive Selection?

Also $50 a day is around average for LA?

As an Executive or executive elite you need to just make a full size res at the mid size rate and you get access to the executive aisle ( or the emerald aisle).
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:08 am

Cool

Any chance of finding something nice on a Saturday at noon on the Executive Aisle? *August.5

I think a 2017 AWD QX30 / X3 / Q3 would be really perfect for me ...any chance of getting that?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by uxela
Any chance of finding something nice on a Saturday at noon on the Executive Aisle? *August.5

I think a 2017 QX30 / X3 / Q3 would be really perfect for me ...any chance of getting that?
There is absolutely no way to forecast what would be on any aisle at a specific location on a specific date.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC

I think a 2017 AWD QX30 / X3 / Q3 would be really perfect for me ...any chance of getting that?
My magic 8 ball says - try again later.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond

I have seen all 3 of those regularly at LAX, they're not as numerous as Impalas, Fusions, Caravans but usually there is at least one of those 3 on the lot. Q3 is usually only FWD though.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:34 pm

Saturday at noon I'd guess selections may be limited...weekends are going to be high volume for any rental car places (duh). I'd say Fri-Mon are going to be sketchy.

I did talk to a National rep on the phone (I'm doing monthly rentals out of HNL next month) and she told me over phone that sundays at 5pm may have more cars available....
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:43 pm

Could you tell me what can i choose for mid size SUV for 4 ppl for 4 weeks 5000 miles? I ll be three around 9pm at sunday?
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by Erkabe
Could you tell me what can i choose for mid size SUV for 4 ppl for 4 weeks 5000 miles? I ll be three around 9pm at sunday?
Ford Explorer, Nissan Pathfinder, Dodge Durango, Jeep Cherokee....
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:57 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Heading to LAX at the end of August and looking for a vehicle for 8 people. What are my options for 8 seaters?

I read earlier the Suburban LT might be available. Should I book an aisle reservation and hope there's a Suburban or 8 seater in executive, or should I make a separate booking as well reserving the Premium SUV in case none are on the aisle?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Putnik
Ford Explorer, Nissan Pathfinder, Dodge Durango, Jeep Cherokee....

The Ford explorer is a Standard SUV and the Dodge Durango is a premium crossover. The pathfinder is at least a Standard SUV?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.