Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by dwbf11
Maybe the coupe, but certainly not the sedan.
I did some looking, because I was going to comment on the idea that the Q50 was compact too. I've driven one, and didn't feel that it felt like that small of a car (and to me, I think it's a reasonable car on an LCAR reservation, I don't think all LCAR's have to be large cars by definition). Oddly, when I was looking it up, I thought it came out smaller than I had thought, so I didn't post on that at the time, but now looking it up, I must have misread something the other day. The Q50 is 188.3 inches in length. That makes it larger than a Fusion, but shorter than a Malibu, Impala or CTS. Based on that I certainly wouldn't call it a compact, but it's probably closer to midsize than full size in my books (since while a Fusion is classified as full sized these days, I think full size is more impala/taurus territory).

FLL does seem to like to try to pass 300's off as LCAR's though.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
I rented from FLL this past weekend, picking up just past midnight on Sunday. The ES was fully stocked. In addition to the typical Malibus, 200s, and Maximas, there were a number of "muscle" cars available (i.e. Challengers, Camaros, and Mustangs). There was also a lone a very basic Mini Cooper Countryman available. Not much in the way of the SUV department other than a lone Traverse LT.

I originally wanted a Camaro, but headroom was bit a tight for me despite numerous attempts to adjust the seat. So a grabbed a Challenger with 4,888 miles and SXM active. Quite the nice ride for the weekend.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 2:59 pm

Picked up 3/31....actually 4/1 at 1:30am due to flight delay.

EA and ES quite empty overall. Took a Ford Escape from ES, only other option for my family of 5 was a Toyota Sienna minivan. Was happy with the Ford.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
Update for April17:
Greeter was aweful, just pointed to EA and said grab one. Asked if anything was being cleaned up maybe a PCAR and was told I could have a high mileage camero or a higher mileage maxima. Ended up with a Malibu.

EA had:
4-5 Santa Fes
9 15' se Chargers
3 Jeep Cherokees
Anything more than a base model was over in specialty at Alamo.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Hertz PC, National EE, Bonvoy TE, GE, CLEAR
Today I arrived at a busy time in the morning and nearly the whole Executive area was cleared out. I wanted to grab a Tahoe but someone was already there about to get in.

The attendants asked me what I was looking for and I did mention I would like a Tahoe. They checked for me and said there were no Tahoe's but they would give me a Suburban for the same price. Thumbs up for the effort and customer service. ^
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:49 am

Cars at FLL

Picked up on April 19 early evening. Almost took Buick Enclave from ES until my son pointed out there was bird poop on the back seat! Ended up with a 12,000+ mile Chevy Traverse. ES also had a pickup, several Dodge Journeys, a Chrysler minivan, and some Malibus. Did not look carefully at EA so don't remember what was there.
Old May 3, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: UA Platinum. 1MM IHG Platinum. National EE. Hertz PC
I recently status matched from Hertz to EE and have been very happy on the Green side of the fence. I am taking advantage of the Florida drive out next week and will be doing FLL-SDF over 5 days. I arrive Sunday afternoon ~1pm.

Would it be effective to let them know I am looking for an Escape Titanium or an Encore and would be happy to wait until one comes in?

Last edited by PHXPVG; May 3, 2015 at 7:10 am
Old May 3, 2015, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by putney
I recently status matched from Hertz to EE and have been very happy on the Green side of the fence. I am taking advantage of the Florida drive out next week and will be doing FLL-SDF over 5 days. I arrive Sunday afternoon ~1pm.

Would it be effective to let them know I am looking for an Escape Titanium or an Encore and would be happy to wait until one comes in?
This is an interesting question. Usually contacting the station about a preference for a premium or luxury car yields good results (if you know who to ask in advance). Sunday mornings is the big return period for the week, so they should have a lot of cars coming in before noon, and there is a high likelihood an Escape will be among them, but a low likelihood it will be a specific trim line...also we're entering shoulder season, so the volume will be lower than mid-winter.

If time is flexible, I would arrive around 11a or so and let the greeter know your status and preference - if asked nicely, they should radio down to the returns area and ask the clean-up staff to find what you want. Worst case, you'll need to wait up to a couple hours for a specific car to make its way from the return lane (if the lane is jammed, walk over there first to see if there is something you want, then write down the VIN/barcode number) through clean-up.

If you see something in the return lane, take the VIN/barcode to the supervisor on duty (if they're in the return area, just point at the car), explain your status and ask if the car can be taken for priority clean-up and brought to you over in the Aisle pick-up area.
Old May 14, 2015, 10:17 am

When I arrived to the Executive Aisle on the morning of May 8th, I saw two Nissan 370Zs, Jeep Cherokee, Hyundai Sante Fe, VW Passat, truck (didn't pay attention to make and model), a minivan, and many many sedans. I would've gone with the 370Z but alas I had 3 other people with me and lots of luggage.
Old May 27, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA Platinum. 1MM IHG Platinum. National EE. Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PHXPVG

Follow up: I asked for an Escape Titanium. The fellow at the counter told me to choose what was in the aisle and then went back to looking grumpy. I walked around a bit hoping something would come up and perused the cars (does anyone ever take a pickup truck from the aisle ???). Eventually he noticed I was sticking around and called one up for me - a Titanium Fusion and said "Here you go".

I thanked him. Switched it for an LaCrosse with 4000 miles and had a fine drive to KY.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 6:20 pm
md5

Question Which car should I expect in the EA @FLL?

Hey guys, I'll be in FLL on June 22 for a 2 weeks trip with my wife + 2 kids and I was wondering which cars could be found in the EA lately.

If some of you pass by, I'd greatly appreciate if you could share what you see there.

Thanks!
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: Nexus
Arrived today - Sunday, June 7 - around 11:30am

Some of the cars on EC:

Chevy Camaro
Dodge Journey
Nissan Altima
Chrysler 200
Dodge Challenger
Chevy Traverse
+ more

Went with the Challenger (needed the luggage space - Camaro wouldn't fit).
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:16 pm
md5

Smile

Originally Posted by md5
Hey guys, I'll be in FLL on June 22 for a 2 weeks trip with my wife + 2 kids and I was wondering which cars could be found in the EA lately.

If some of you pass by, I'd greatly appreciate if you could share what you see there.

Thanks!
Back from FLL, I was pleased to grab a 2015 RAV4 in the Emerald Aisle for the price of a midsize! There was also a convertible Mustang. But too bad that it had too little storage for all our stuff.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: HH D, MB G, IHG P, Nat'l EE, Hertz PC
Picked up here late on a Sunday night recently and both the EA and ES were stocked. The usual mix of standard/full size cars/suvs, more than a handfull of Challengers, and a Mazda Miata convertible. I considered the Mazda as it was a 1 day rental, but there wasn't even room for 2 carry on bags. Took a Challenger and was satisfied.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ncSam
Picked up here late on a Sunday night recently and both the EA and ES were stocked. The usual mix of standard/full size cars/suvs, more than a handfull of Challengers, and a Mazda Miata convertible. I considered the Mazda as it was a 1 day rental, but there wasn't even room for 2 carry on bags. Took a Challenger and was satisfied.
Was it the '16 Mazda Miata?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.