Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cars at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
First time I've been here on a Monday and didn't have an insane line/wait for cars.

Greeter pointed me one aisle left to the ES - not sure if this is a new thing they are doing to expand the availability during peak times. If it is, it's working since the lines have vanished.

As far as cars, it was a lot of the usual stuff, a few SUV's and Minivans, Prius, Challenger, Fusions, and a couple of Maximas.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Monday around 10am

Both ES and EA were about 75% stocked.
ES had about 80% cars. Across both I saw:

- MANY Maximas and Altimas
- Malibu
- Camry
- Sonata
- Buick (Standard class car whatever that is called)
- Pickups x4
- Minivan x5
- Kia Sedona SUV
- Small VW Crossover SUV

I had Premium reservation but there was nothing of interest there -- not even a 300 -- and the luxury aisle was also empty.

Ended up in a loaded Ford Expedition from the ES with Factory NAV. I'm not driving too far so this was a fine choice.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Sunday 1pm:

EA: A few Malibu's and a bunch of Fusion's (SE's), some 200's, and a Passat
ES: Maxima's... lots of Maxima's... a few Fusion's (SE's) and two Passat's. Basically looked the same as the EA except Maxima's instead of Malibu's.
ER-Prem: 2 Maxima's and a '14 Taurus Limited.

Reserved a Luxury using a free-day online. When I arrived they couldn't find any luxury vehicles parked in the ER area. Upgrade area was empty as well. They found a BMW 328i (GXAR) blocked in between cars in the back on the Alamo side. They pulled that around and I was on my way.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Mariott Platinum
Minivan/premium SUV

I've been trying to reserve a 7 seat-er in late June and National keeps telling me there aren't any available at SFO that weekend. Historically there has always been one or two in the executive isle, however this is the first time I've needed one.

Are Minivans/premium SUVs not usually listed but available in the emerald/exec aisles? My flight lands at 10am on a Friday.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Its peak season, they could be all reserved. If I were you, I'd do the following
1) Make regular mid-size reservation hoping you can get one on the aisle
2) Make backup reservation with another company at SFO in case you can't find any on the aisle
3) When you show up, if there aren't any -- ASK. I've had good luck getting everything from suburbans to 15 passenger vans when the aisle is empty and I'm willing to wait a little.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Priority Club, National Exec Elite, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis First, Thrifty Bluechip
Wondering what SFO has in the way of Luxury or Convertibles? Looking to book a one-way to Seatac on free days and take the Coast route up, so I'd want something fun to drive. According to roadman3313 they have some 328i's, that might do decently, but I'm interested in dropping the top...
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Wondering what SFO has in the way of Luxury or Convertibles? Looking to book a one-way to Seatac on free days and take the Coast route up, so I'd want something fun to drive. According to roadman3313 they have some 328i's, that might do decently, but I'm interested in dropping the top...
Finding a convertible shouldn't be hard. I see a lot pretty often at SFO. It just depends on availability. LCARs tend to be pretty hard to find on weekends from what I hear. Enterprise does not have any usually so don't expect National to "borrow"

Have you considered SJC? They might have a better selection there (especially on weekends) and the staff there is fantastic.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Last Saturday morning: ES was only sedans. Almost all of them were FCARs, mostly Chargers, Altimas and Sonatas, may have been a couple of Passats as well. I walked to the very end of the ES and found a lone Lacrosse, nicely appointed but expired XM.

Last Tuesday afternoon: Similar mix of FCARs plus a few Town and Countries, and a couple of PCARs mixed in - a new-style Impala and a Maxima.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA
ES / Premium Updates

Any updates on ES and Premium at SFO lately? Picking up a rental at SFO this Wesnesday, July 2 - hoping to get something fun/high end.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 11:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by lcyoung1
Any updates on ES and Premium at SFO lately? Picking up a rental at SFO this Wesnesday, July 2 - hoping to get something fun/high end.
Um the last report on ES is 2 days old.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 9:31 am

Any new reports ?! I'll be at SFO in a week, and like to know what the "regular" EA choices are ...

Rudi
Old Jul 6, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: National executive elite, Marriott gold, Hilton diamond, swa cp, DL DM
I turned a 14 terrain in for sjc. The exec aisle on Friday was your typical maxima, charger, Malibu, impala, and a few captiva and small SUV. Nothing over a pcar stood out
Old Jul 8, 2014, 12:40 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Tonight ES was mostly Challenger, Mustang, Camaro (a couple of coupons) and a handful of Altimas. I grabbed a '15 200C as they were pulling it up and, even as an SCAR, it's better than anything else on the either side of the aisle and anything south of a PCAR other than a Fusion Titanium.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
I've been renting at this location for around the past 6 weeks and show up on Monday's between 9:45 and 10:30 most weeks and this is what my observations are:

(1) They have been using the area to the left of the "booth" for the ES staging area (with the exception of the 4th of July week). This staging area is usually used for returns on Thursday afternoons.

(2) 80% or more of the cars are usually Nissan

(3) The rest of the mix is mostly Hyundai sedans and a few SUV's (Kia's I think) and sometimes a few VW's

(4) Usually there are 1 or 2 Fusion's or an occasional Buick or Prius

(5) I've also seen a few full sized Pick-Up's one or two weeks.

Bottom line - the mix does not really change week to week but if you walk the aisle sometimes you get "lucky"

Hope this helps!
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I had to wait 15+ minutes to get the 200C I mentioned above, though there were several Mustangs, Camaros, and Challengers out for those that fancy a RWD coupe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.