Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] Citi Premier 50,000 TY Bonus Pts. ($500+ worth) FEE FREE FIRST YEAR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Epic Data Point!

Ha HA!

tried 2 browser trick cuz it asks if you want MC or VISA.

Picked one in Chrome one in Firefox

One window went through --- 30 day response

Other window crashed.

Called in... no record of my app... awesome told to call back later today.

Called in again... no record of my app... cool identity fraud? hope not!!

Read this thread again... decided W T expletive i will apply again today by phone, hopefully minimizes my hard pulls.

(do you think citi is intentionally trying to make us incur hard pulls as a poison pill to limit our creditworthiness to others... maybe class action case here lawyerfolk?)

As efficiently as possible I call in and get approved with a >$10K credit limit

Phone call took 29 minutes so make sure your bowels are empty, the kids are fed, and the dog has been taken out.

So I figure $665 for 29 minutes of work and spending $2.5k is worth it.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Ha HA!

tried 2 browser trick cuz it asks if you want MC or VISA.
Tried the same thing and got the 30 day pending on both.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by ia9561
Tried the same thing and got the 30 day pending on both.
Good luck and let us know if it worked. ^
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:03 am

Thank you!

Best offer out there for those who have already taken advantage of the Sapphire card!
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Igor718
what airlines do these transfer to???
There better than Airline points. When you use them to purchase tickets you get FF points and miles flown credit with the Airline.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 11:07 am

length

does anyone have any idea how long this will be around for since I am trying to time applications?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
In recent months, we've channeled just about all of our spending to our new Chase Sapphire (50k bonus) and CapOne Visas (110k bonus). I only keep my Delta gold AMEX because of the free checked bag feature, which saves me tons of money every year.

Just today, my husband and daughter (who is a college student and doesn't have a job) received the same offer from Citi TYP Premiere card that offered a a 100k bonus with a $3000 spend in 3 months. Not hard to do with my oldest daughter in college. $125 annual fee is waived.

I suppose I'll pull the trigger on this one because it's such a generous offer, but I'm really confused about which card to pick of the three because I've never actually tried to redeem anything yet. I'd like to narrow it down to just two cards, if possible, to consolidate points instead of having 100k here and 100k there. And if I don't spend the points soon, I'll have to start paying annual fees just to keep the points!

I guess it's a good problem to have, but man is it getting confusing to know which card to use.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by drbobguy
Yes I did the thank you premier and after being approved I decided to do the citi 50,000 ($1500 spend) HHonors card as well. Approved for both today, and hopefully just for one pull.
I was thinking of doing the Thank You Preferred, but wasn't sure if you can get both the preferred and premier (anyone know?).

Yes they do. I had tried the Premier card but got stuck at step 3 and never finished? I called and they said no record of it. So later that day I got invite for the Preferred in the mail with $2,500 spend for 50,000 points(I like the no yearly fee). Called and applied for it. Today I got letters from both saying I'm approved and both have 10,000+ CL and different last 4 digits.

10/19 Just checked today and only 1 credit pull.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Oct 19, 2011 at 5:25 pm
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Recreation
In recent months, we've channeled just about all of our spending to our new Chase Sapphire (50k bonus) and CapOne Visas (110k bonus). I only keep my Delta gold AMEX because of the free checked bag feature, which saves me tons of money every year.

Just today, my husband and daughter (who is a college student and doesn't have a job) received the same offer from Citi TYP Premiere card that offered a a 100k bonus with a $3000 spend in 3 months. Not hard to do with my oldest daughter in college. $125 annual fee is waived.

I suppose I'll pull the trigger on this one because it's such a generous offer, but I'm really confused about which card to pick of the three because I've never actually tried to redeem anything yet. I'd like to narrow it down to just two cards, if possible, to consolidate points instead of having 100k here and 100k there. And if I don't spend the points soon, I'll have to start paying annual fees just to keep the points!

I guess it's a good problem to have, but man is it getting confusing to know which card to use.
Well, you have a full year to decide on how to use those 2 x 100K TYPs should you go for it. You get a 25% discount on airfares when you use the TYPs to book air on TYN site. If you still cannot use them up by the anniversary date, you can always redeem them for Gift Cards $50 would be 5000 pts, $100 would be 10,000 pts... Home Depot, Lowes, Macy, Best Buys, just to name a few. I am sure you can use some of those gift cards and no need to keep your points if you decide to cancel the cards at anniversary.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
Yes they do. I had tried the Premier card but got stuck at step 3 and never finished? I called and they said no record of it. So later that day I got invite for the Preferred in the mail with $2,500 spend for 50,000 points(I like the no yearly fee). Called and applied for it. Today I got letters from both saying I'm approved and both have 10,000+ CL and different last 4 digits.
That is great. So you got two cards with 100K+ points!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by yoyo
That is great. So you got two cards with 100K+ points!
Yes 1 perferred and 1 Premier card, each with 50,000 TYP. You said the link was Citi when I questioned it that day. Lmao Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:56 pm

I am confused--is there an offer 100k typ?

If there is, could someone please post this or let me know where it could be found?

Thanks so much.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ddfr
I am confused--is there an offer 100k typ?

If there is, could someone please post this or let me know where it could be found?

Thanks so much.
It is a targeted offer people received. It requires a RSVP code.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:09 pm

To Happy

Thanks so much for the quick response...boy would I love to be targeted for that...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:30 pm

Is this Citi Premier card churnable? Any experience? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.