Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by Happy
2 out of 2 showed up on my personal card. 0 out of 2 showed up on husband's personal card. This is despite both cards were done on same phone call and the CSR said "Congrats" and "All are approved" on handling each. On each card we just added the spouse, and then added my brother to both cards. My brother's card shows up on mine but not on husband's yet. My name is not on husband's card yet.

The adding was done yesterday afternoon.

Last night we called to inquire the no show - were told it would take 48 hours for them to show up but did confirm there were additions done.

As of now my husband's card still does not show any AU.
Happy,
I did this on Wednesday, and none of my AU's show up as of yet on the page where the cards are listed. However, I was able to see their names listed on the screen that displays the rewards statement. I am guessing that it should not be a prob.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 1:28 pm

I did mine on Wednesday as well, all 5 show up for my PRG under activity and MR program view detail, but nothing for my Business Gold......
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Deal is dead.
Meaning what? Simply that the door for getting in has closed? Or that Amex won't be honoring this for people who didn't qualify/weren't targeted in the first place?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:32 pm

Amex always honors it for the people who got in on time, they aren't Chase lol
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AsanteSana
Happy,
I did this on Wednesday, and none of my AU's show up as of yet on the page where the cards are listed. However, I was able to see their names listed on the screen that displays the rewards statement. I am guessing that it should not be a prob.
From what I understand, if you add Authorized User via MR - it is not the same thing as Additional User via CS.

The Authorized User in AMEX shop, means he/she can access account online AND redeem points - but they do not get additional card - this is a very different definition than other issuer's term of Authorized User.

For the same meaning of Authorized User as other issuers' practice, and for the purpose of this promo - it is ADDITIONAL USER in Amex term - those are the ones actually get cards and be able to charge on his / her cards which have different card numbers than the primary holder's. (unlike other issuers the authorized user's card has the same card number.)

The Indian rep I talked to last night clarified the above to me - what the difference means between Authorized and Additional User. He did say he saw there were Additional Users added to husband's card but it would take as long as 48 hours before it shows up online.

BTW, the 2nd MR rep I talked to was about to add the Authorized Users and claimed he did not need any DOB or SSN... when he started harping on the Authorized Users can access account online and redeem points, I realized we were not on the same page... Then he admitted he needed to transfer me to the CS for adding Additional User who gets his / her own card... So we did, and the CS rep did both my account and husband's account, but of course despite being processed at the same phone call and same message (approved), none shows up on husband's card while mine shows the 2 new Additional Users since evening yesterday when I learned to take a look.

The names show up in your MR account if they have their own card numbers then I think you are fine. If they dont then I believe you need to fix that - they may be just the Authorized User in AMEX's definition but not the Additional User as AMEX defines it, and for the purpose of this promo.

On my card where I can see the Additional Users on Account Activity Screen - their names also show up in Membership Reward but their status are No for access to rewards. Though I can change it to Yes if I want. But names show up in BOTH places, with their own card numbers.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 12, 2011 at 2:48 pm
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:35 pm

I believe the deal is dead for those who haven't call yet.

I called Wednesday for my PRG, and was notated on my account, called twice yesterday for my business card and was told it is only for targeted member or the Argentina reason (only for people in Argentina), tried sending secured email, receive the same response.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CO
did I just get married?

just called them up to follow up on my last call when I did get in and did add 5 users. This lady told me that she only saw that I was told 2 times that I did not qualify for this offer. Then she went on to say that she does see that I called quite a few times and that I was getting bonuses before. As if she was reading my list of bad things I did.

anyway ... she didn/t see what another rep promised me 2 days ago. Don't know ... used to love AMEX people, now ... a diff story. Used to tell them what to do and they did it. It's like having a gf and then you get married and the mask comes off. Just don't know when I got married to AMEX. :-)
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
I added my wife this morning on my PRG and the new card shows up in my account already. I don't think ssn is mandatory, when I said she doesn't have a ssn they are ok with that, I did the same thing when I added her on my amex blue a year ago.

Btw CSR told me that 5721 is for each AU 10K after first purchase and 7,500 after 2k spend.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by dongrilla
I added my wife this morning on my PRG and the new card shows up in my account already. I don't think ssn is mandatory, when I said she doesn't have a ssn they are ok with that, I did the same thing when I added her on my amex blue a year ago.

Btw CSR told me that 5721 is for each AU 10K after first purchase and 7,500 after 2k spend.
What 7500 after 2K spend? I don't understand. I get the 10K per additional user after first purchase. Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by learningtime
What 7500 after 2K spend? I don't understand. I get the 10K per additional user after first purchase. Thanks!
7,500 additional MR points after 2k spend by AU
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
From what I understand, if you add Authorized User via MR - it is not the same thing as Additional User via CS.

The Authorized User in AMEX shop, means he/she can access account online AND redeem points - but they do not get additional card - this is a very different definition than other issuer's term of Authorized User.
When I added the additional users, the rep specifically asked me if I wanted to the additional users to just access and redeem my MR points, or if I wanted them to be able to have their cards and charge it to my account. I picked the latter. End of the call, the rep said that I would receive the cards in separate unmarked envelopes.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AsanteSana
When I added the additional users, the rep specifically asked me if I wanted to the additional users to just access and redeem my MR points, or if I wanted them to be able to have their cards and charge it to my account. I picked the latter. End of the call, the rep said that I would receive the cards in separate unmarked envelopes.
Did you see their names with different card numbers when you see them in the Membership Reward page? I think the card number is the tell-tale - if they dont get their own cards there would not be card number associated with the name.

It is just odd that they will show up on MR site first but not showing up on the card site.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by compddd
Amex always honors it for the people who got in on time, they aren't Chase lol
I really wonder if they will honor it. Just because the code is listed on your account doesn't mean it will happen. The rep I spoke with last night (and he had been there for many years) said that he is not sure what will happen in 8-10 weeks when people call in and ask "where are my points for all these cards". He said they may come back and say "sorry but it was only for our customers in Argentina".

The problem was that the US MR phone reps did not have the correct info in their database here in the US till yesterday afternoon..when it was updated then. So they were adding the codes as a courtesy. At least the phone reps were. The reps that answer the online requests have been TOTALLY denying the promo from the beginning!

The rep I spoke to said he thought it would be a customer service nightmare if they don't honor it but they were still deciding how they are going to handle it.....or if they are going to deny the bonuses all together....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:15 pm

It is just odd that they will show up on MR site first but not showing up on the card site.
That's normal. If you go to your Points Summary page, it will show all enrolled cards (even the new AU's that you haven't received). These new AU's however will NOT appear under your Account Summary until you activate them.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:17 pm

Rep told me I'd receive the cards in unmarked envelopes as well. The difference between Additional User and Authorized User is that the Additional User can just make charges on their card, you are responsible to pay it off though.

Authorized Users can pay the balance off themselves, and have access to the account.

Both types of users were eligible for the promotion before it died.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.