[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] AA Citi / Citibank Card, 75K sign up bonus [read post #2 first]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Now the question is, has anyone received the miles yet?
The fine print says 6-8 weeks. I wonder if you'll get the miles sooner than that.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:27 pm

Activated the Citi card today^

Waiting for the mailing from AA...Id like to get the AAdvantage # so I can do the e-shopping thing...Already know how Im gonna get the 75000 bonus and hope to earn a few thousand extra with my first couple of purchases.....

How long is the wait to get the card from AA??
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:33 pm

I sure am tempted to apply for that 75K AA Visa! No fee first year? Wow!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 5:51 pm

Applied..

Applied and 15 seconds later (per application) we were the proud owners of 4 (FOUR) new credit cards.

ME: 1 AMEX Business / 1 VISA Personal
Spouse: 1 AMEX Personal / 1 VISA Personal

$60k combined limit

We were surprised of the limits since we just bought an SUV and got another CC for $20k earlier this year.

Anxious to spend $6k in 6 months to get the miles!! ( I did confirm the program with a rep AFTER the fact).. Caribbean here we come.. =) (we're going anyway but it would be sweet to pay for airfares with some miles!!!!!!!!)
Old Sep 9, 2010, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by david-alexis
Can you elaborate, basically you cannot have one pull in the last 60 days in order to get approved?

When I checked my report I found the following:
Experian credit pull (for cc) on 8/17 (the citi AA that got rejected), 5/28, 4/20, 4/7 and 4/1
Transunion: citi 6/6

Therefore I did not have any credit pull within the 60 days you mentioned.
Nothing to do with credit pulls within 60 days, everything to do with CITI applications within 60 days. You're allowed 2 of them only. Actually I recall some were only allowed 1, no idea why some were only allowed 1, I was one of the fortunate who could get 2.

If your 8/17 pull is from CITI. Then that's when your Citi 60 day (or in case of citibusiness 90 day) counter started.

Honestly, I can't recall all the details, but, check out the threads in the credit card forums about this. There's a bunch about Citi, and one even titled something along the lines of 'Citi's 60 day application policy'.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by buschoi
It's definitely YMMV, but overpayment (NOT prepayment - pay the balance that has already posted to the account) sometimes may trigger a red-flag. Citi seems to not care too much about this, but AMEX and Chase do. There are long discussions in the AMEX and Chase threads. So just make sure this doesn't apply across the board.
Agreed, I only make payments on amounts already posted to account and try to not have a credit balance.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by exc3ll
Now the question is, has anyone received the miles yet?
The fine print says 6-8 weeks. I wonder if you'll get the miles sooner than that.
See post #1340
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA, BA, SPG, FFFWP
it worked!

I have a Citi Business Visa, but I applied for the personal cards-Visa and Amex (at the same time) and was approved for both. OOOHHH-what will I do with 150k?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LittleCupcakes
See post #1340
Thanks LittleCupcakes, this thread is getting so long!
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
data point:

approved for the card with 5k limit...i'm a student...another 75K miles..CHA CHING!^
Old Sep 9, 2010, 11:50 pm

Applied and approved for both the personal Amex and Visa. Kinda surprised, I'm only 23, don't make that much money, but I know my credit score is good. Only my second (and third) credit cards too. Just gotta work on the 3k in 6 months since I basically buy nothing.

The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect those of Southwest Airlines, SW's directors, board or employees. I am fully responsible for my opinions posted.

Last edited by KelseyR; Sep 17, 2010 at 3:44 am Reason: disclaimer
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:05 am

I applied for the 75K Amex card for my 22 year old son. They asked for household income on the app, so I included our household income since he lives with us. Now we got a form in the mail from Citi requesting his income tax statement. He is a student as well with low income, so I am not sure how this will turn out.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by gates_2
data point:

approved for the card with 5k limit...i'm a student...another 75K miles..CHA CHING!^
Which card did you get approved for?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KelseyR
Applied and approved for both the personal Amex and Visa. Kinda surprised, I'm only 23, don't make that much money, but I know my credit score is good. Only my second (and third) credit cards too. Just gotta work on the 3k in 6 months since I basically buy nothing.
The US Mint will gladly help you ^
Take a walk through the "Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping" thread in the forum.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:24 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Which card did you get approved for?
personal visa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.